2/26/16 "My Way" ~12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit

younmenhp

Feb 28, 2016, 9:25:24 AM2/28/16
to 12-Step-Soul-Food-for-the-Spirit, 12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit, Twelve Step Soul Food for the Spirit
Serenity and Beyond

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*LAUGHTER Is HEALING*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The weekly meeting topic is:
When was the last time one of your dreams came true?
What was it, and how did it happen?
Did you make it happen, or did it happen to you or for you?

This is a DIFFERENT Yahoo Club you MUST join this club in order to
participate otherwise your emails will bounce

to share please visit
or email

A Safe Place to Share , Discover and Recover.
This is a SLAMMING, STRONG support group with
a whole lot of EXPERIENCE, LOVE and HOPE that is available to you.
This a message bulletin board meeting, where people post on the
weekly topic. It takes only 1 minute to enter a password and
username. Please go this page on the upper right hand corner and click
the join club link, sign in and go to the left hand side and click
messages to read what others have shared and click on the post link,
now you can share on the topic of the week or whatever you would like.
There is a lot of good experience, strength and hope in here as well
as newcomers who need our support and love, PLEASE stop by,
we will leave the light on in the room and there is coffee in the back :)
Thanks for your participation and support !!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Please Be There For The Newcomers*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

February 26
It is safe to know there is a special place within me
where I can feel peace.
written by ~ Ruth Fishel
"Time for Joy"
Check out Ruth's collection of
light, nourishing and nurturing Books and CD's
& some touching inspirational SPIRITLIFTER messages by email
http://www.ruthfishel.com/Books_and_CDs.html
for inspirational messages email

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Just for Today*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My Way.....   written for Danny M

At night there are no stars,
the night is engulfed in darkness.
All I can feel is the cool brisk air
blowing through the hole in my chest
numbness, where my heart once was.
I change my mood with a single thrill
and know the pain it causes.
Night after night, pretending it’s alright
unafraid of the danger up ahead
My bottle is a loaded gun,
and my judgment is it’s bullet.
I wander aimlessly on uneven ground
like a killer on the lam.
The ground reaches up to meet me
and my blood spills out with a splash
leaving me senseless and in the shadows.
I awake to the sound of "why did you do it?"
I think to myself why did I do what, and where am I?
Again "Do you know what you have done?"
The bullet went off, cause I pulled the trigger,
and went around my skull instead of through it.
It is my fist time in the back of a black and white
as I struggle with my new joining bracelets.
The man in blue polishes his badge
and says "You got another chance"
Its rehab or jail, and what’s it gonna be?
All of my doors are closed
and I think I have found my way
to the one with a future,
open to the rooms.

peace,
Frank

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Don't Use*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If anyone has any original recovery poetry that they
would like to share with us please copy and paste it into the body
of an email and send it to me, Thanks for your support and contributions.
What I can't do alone, We do together.
In loving service, Scott ~   YOUn...@gmail.com

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Make A Meeting*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just For Today
February 26                                                       Remorse

"The Eighth Step offers a big change from a life dominated by guilt
and remorse."     Basic Text, p. 38

 Remorse was one of the feelings that kept us using. We had stumbled
our way through active addiction, leaving a trail of heartbreak and
devastation too painful to consider. Our remorse was often intensified
by our perception that we couldn't do anything about the damage we
had caused; there was no way to make it right.

 We remove some of the power of remorse when we face it squarely.
We begin the Eighth Step by actually making a list of all the people we
have harmed. We own our part in our painful past.

 But the Eighth Step does not ask us to make right all of our mistakes,
merely to become willing to make amends to all those people. As we
become willing to clean up the damage we've caused, we acknowledge
our readiness to change. We affirm the healing process of recovery.

 Remorse is no longer an instrument we use to torture ourselves.
Remorse has become a tool we can use to achieve self-forgiveness.

Just for today: I will use any feelings of remorse I may have as a
stepping-stone to healing through the Twelve Steps. page 38

Just For Today Daily Meditation is the property of Narcotics Anonymous ©
1991 by World Service Office Inc.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Get Involved In Service*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you are enjoying this daily recovery email,
Please pass on 12 Step Soul Food For The Spirit to your online friends,
"We can only keep what we have by giving it away."
If you have received this as a forward
and  would like to subscribe please email
Thanks, In loving service, Scott :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Get A Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Food For Thought Meditation

Each Day a New Beginning (Women) Meditation

Touchtones (Men) Meditation

Meditation of the Day

Viking Thought of the Day

Elder's Meditation of the Day

Sober Thought of the Day

Daily Zen

Grapevine Story Today

Daily Motivator

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Use Your Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Commitment

Understanding is the key to right principles and attitudes, and right
action is the key to good living.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p.  125

There came a time in my program of recovery when the third stanza
of the Serenity Prayer -- "The wisdom to know the difference" --
became indelibly imprinted in my mind.  From that time on, I had to
face the ever-present knowledge that my every action, word and
thought was within, or outside, the principles of the program.  I could
no longer hide behind self-rationalization, nor behind the insanity
of my disease.  The only course open to me, if I was to attain a
joyous life for myself (and subsequently for those I love), was one
in which I imposed on myself an effort of commitment, discipline,
and responsibility.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.
Daily Reflection In Loving Memory Of Scott Reeves

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Be A Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Twenty-Four Hours A Day by Hazelden/ February 26th

A.A. Thought for the Day

When we came into A.A., we came to believe in
a Power greater than ourselves.  We came to
believe in that Divine Principle in the universe
which we call God, and to whom we can turn for
help.  Each morning we have a quiet time.  We
ask God for the power to stay sober for the
next twenty-four hours.  And each night we
thank Him for helping us to keep sober that
day.  Do I believe that each man or woman I
see in A.A. is a demonstration of the power of
God to change a human being from a drunkard
to a sober person?

Meditation for the Day

I should pray for faith as a thirsty person prays
for water in a desert.  Do I know what it means
to feel sure that God will never fail me?  Am I
sure of this as I am sure that I still breathe?  I
should pray daily and most diligently that my faith
may increase.  There is nothing lacking in my life
because, really, all I need is mine, only I lack the
faith to know it.  I am like a rich person's child
who sits in rags when all around me are stores of
all I could desire.

Prayer for the Day

I pray for the realization that God has everything
I need.  I pray that I may know that His power is
always available.

"Twenty-Four Hours A Day" is a © Copyrighted book of
Hazelden Foundation.  No portion of this publication may
be reproduced in any manner without the written
permission of Hazelden.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Work The Steps*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today's Thought
FEBRUARY 26

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go.
Melody Beattie ©

Twelve Step Programs

    I was furious when I found myself at my first Al Anon meeting.
It seemed so unfair that he had the problem and I had to go to
a meeting. But by that time, I had nowhere left in the world to
go with my pain. Now, I'm grateful for Al Anon and my
codependency recovery. Al Anon keeps me on track; recovery
has given me a life.
    --Anonymous

There are many Twelve Step programs for codependents: Al Anon,
Adult Children of Alcoholics, CoDa, Families Anonymous, Nar-Anon,
and more. We have many choices about which kind of group is
right for us and which particular group in that category meets our
needs. Twelve Step groups for codependents are free, anonymous,
and available in most communities. If there is not one that is right
for us, we can start one.

Twelve Step groups for codependents are not about how we can
help the other person; they're about how we can help ourselves
grow and change. They can help us accept and deal with the ways
codependency has affected us. They can help us get on track and
stay there.

There is magic in Twelve Step programs. There is healing power in
connecting with other recovering people. We access this healing
power by working the Steps and by allowing them to work on us.
The Twelve Steps are a formula for healing.

How long do we have to go to meetings? We go until we "get the
program." We go until the program "gets us." Then we keep on
going and growing.

Selecting a group and then attending regularly are important ways
we can begin and continue to take care of ourselves. Actively
participating in our recovery program by working the Steps is
another.

I will be open to the healing power available to me from the Twelve
Steps and a recovery program.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved. No portion of this
publication may be reproduced in any manner without the written
permission of the publisher.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*You Are A Miracle*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

SpiritHaven and SpiritLifter

Alan Cohen

Marianne Williamson ~ 'Return to Love'

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Don Miguel Ruiz ~ 'The Four Agreements'

Oriah ~ 'The Invitation'

Deepak Chopra

Louise Hay ~ 'You Can Heal Your Life'

Spirit Site~ Home for Spirituality excerpts from books

Heal Your Life~ 'You Can'

Of Spirit ~ 'Healing Body Mind and Spirit'

In Light Times ~ 'Concepts for Conscious Living'

Vision Magazine ~ 'Catalyst for Conscious Living'

Transformation Magazine ~ 'Your Resource for Personal Development'

World Forgiveness Alliance

The Association for Global New Thought

A Course In Miracles

Finding Joy

Inspirational movie, about 3 minutes long

Inspirational Spiritual Flash Movies

Meditation Rooms

Native American 10 Commandments

The Secret

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep It Simple*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Life Is A Series Of Steps
by Bobby Jennings

Ever heard the saying "3 steps forward and two steps back"?
Of course you have! Well there's more to it than that.

Elliott Wave Theory was developed by Ralph N. Elliott in the
1930's to describe and predict the movement of the stock
market. It quantifies mass market psychology though a series
of steps ever trending upward. Loosely these steps are
described as a total of 5 steps with 3 steps upward and 2
steps back thus correcting the upward movement. The theory
is that all universal activity, including human endeavor, occurs
in excess and must be corrected. And the downward correction,
which is in excess must be corrected upward. All of Elliott's
waves can be broken into these 5 basic steps.

Elliotts's theory is based on the Fibonacci number sequence
(1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21..........) . This number sequence can be found
in the way rabbits multiply, the way sunflower seeds position
themselves on the head of the sunflower, the spiral on a snail's
shell, or in the formation of the stars of the Milky Way and other
galaxies. The upward movement of the waves can also be
equated to the "big band creation theory" and the continual
expansion of the universe.

Elliott's theory can also help us understand the events of our
life and our karma.

Unfortunately, sometimes we overindulge ourselves in the
negative aspects of our lives or we over-celebrate our
successes. Maybe we were mistreated as children or our
partner cheated on us, or we were unjustly fired. Maybe we
fell into an inheritance and now think we are among the elite,
only to fall back and suffer setbacks. But whatever the "good
or bad "event, we must keep it all in the prospective of the
upward and positive movement of life.

While we cannot escape these upward and downward
movements, we can, however, smooth our jagged course.
On the surface this may sound like oversimplification, but is
actually paramount in understanding of our life's meaning.
All the world's religions are based in part on this one small
principle. Both Christ and Buddha taught that the best path
through life was the middle path that limited life's excesses.

So the next time we are overcome by grief, distraught by
adversity, jubilant in our good fortune, we must remember
that one's life is expanding in an upward or positive fashion,
but always with a series of  setbacks to correct our excesses.
It is this "natural" progression that we describe as  "three
steps forward and two steps back".

About The Author:
Bobby Jennings is co-publisher of InnerSelf Publications and
webmaster of InnerSelf.com.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One Day At A Time*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You And Yourself

It is rewarding to find someone whom you like,
but it is essential to like yourself.

It is quickening to recognize someone
as a good and decent human being, but
it is indispensable to view yourself as acceptable.

It is a delight to discover people who are
worthy of respect, admiration, and love,
but it is vital to believe yourself
deserving of these things.

For you cannot live in someone else.
You cannot find yourself in someone else.
You cannot be given a life by someone
else. Of all the people you will know in a
lifetime, you are the only one you will
never leave nor lose.

To the question of your life, you are the
only answer. To the problems of your
life, you are the only solution.

Unknown

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*First Things First*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Healing the ‘Not Enough’

When is too much not enough?
When the hole to be filled is bottomless
When the edges are frayed from misuse
And there are no boundaries anymore

When is more a whole lot less?
When the amount used to fill
Will never surpass the deepest need
That existed since time began

The need for another to fulfill us
Is unrealistic expectation
Magic-thinking realization
Will never bridge the gap
Between what once was and
What one wants it to be
No matter how hard
How deep
How far
We try to make it come about

Look at the empty spots
The unfulfilled yearnings
Only you can bring about
Their healing closure
In this day and age
There remains only the reparenting
The acceptance of the past
The healing of needs and seeds
Our very own response-ability
Ours to close
Ours to build
Ours to start all over again

Love
© Stella Raymonde Savoie-Johnson

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Easy Does It*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Everything In My Life Is Good

 I know and affirm in my consciousness right now, that my good is
present in this very moment.  I now declare for myself Divine Harmony,
Peace, Health, Love, Joy, and Success.  As I plant these seeds deep in
the soil of my mind, I accept their growth and manifestation in my
experience.   I am the Gardner in my life, all that I sow I shall also
reap.  I am now sowing God thoughts, and I believe with all my heart that
these seeds will sprout for me a wonderful harvest.  From this moment
on, I deposit in my Universal Bank, which is my subconscious mind an
infinite amount of good and wholesome thoughts.  These thoughts are
made real, through feeling and knowing the truth of who I am and my
purpose for being.  Everything in my life is good, because I know that
everything in my life is God in action.  I am thankful for this awareness,
and I allow it to be exactly what it is...
Amen!

Author Unknown

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Live And Let Live*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Falling Through The Cracks

looking underneath the bed and fallinf trough the cracks... raging war
inside my head... a monkey on my back...

back to where i belonged so many hits ago... before all my reds and blues
were blanketed with snow.

together we fall... united we stand... rippin' and runnin' as fast as i
can... an endless supply... unendless demand... inside of  a maze that will
never end.

tryin' to break on through to the other side, all tangled up in blue...
every road i take... leads straight back to you.

at your door... back for more... enough to get me through.

just one more hit... and then i'll quit... yeah, i'll just head on back...
looking underneath the bed and falling through the cracks.

DSK copyright

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep The Focus On You*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Journey to Soul's Bottom

Once you have awoken it,
The beast no longer sleeps.
It feasts upon your very soul.
What secret vows it keeps.

Babies birthed into its grasp,
Stare with solemn eyes.
Knowing only shame and guilt,
Quick is their demise.

Family bonds are fractured,
Children's cries, unheard.
Truth is unrecognizable.
Life is such a blur.

The path, once light, is darker.
Each breath brings forth a test.
Bleary eyed you travel on.
The beast is on a quest.

Consuming your ambitions,
Replacing them with pain.
Your emotions now are tempered.
Your mind, now its domain

Promises quick to wither.
Sometimes, forever doomed.
Thoughts become a mangled mess,
Where evil spirits loom.

Many lives it does devour,
Trading drugs for souls.
Its hunger grows with each new day.
Addiction takes its toll.

Cheri Thomley - 2/17/02

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Let God and Let Go*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow.
Sow an act, and you reap a habit.
Sow a habit and you reap a character.
Sow a character and you reap a destiny.
James Allen

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Blessed are those who can give without
remembering and take without forgetting.
Elizabeth Bibesco

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come To*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
or
whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man.
Chuang-tzu (c.369-c.286 BC)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come To Believe*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Pearls are the product of pain -
precious, tiny, jewels,
conceived through irritation,
born of adversity,
nursed by adjustment

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Look For The Beauty*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Anger is a human emotion,
Rage is not,
Talk about it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Today Is A Gift*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Anger wears masks

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep Stepping*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I had to learn to feel certain things.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Stay In The Light*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today I walk through feelings
that I used to run from.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Take A Moment To GIVE (NO COST)*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

FREE Click to GIVE @ to STOP Violence Against Women
FREE Click to GIVE Rice
FREE Click to GIVE @ the STOP HIV SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Hunger SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Breast Cancer SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Rain Forest SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Animal Rescue SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Children in Need
FREE Click to GIVE @ to Save Our Oceans

Track Your Impact in GIVING

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One Promise, Many Gifts*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

Adult Children of Alcoholics

Al-Anon/Alateen

Alcoholics Anonymous

Alcoholics Anonymous Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Artists Recovering through the Twelve Steps

Clutterer’s Anonymous

Cocaine Anonymous World Services

Co-Dependents Anonymous Home Page

Crystal Meth Anonymous

Criminal and Gangs Anonymous

Debtors Anonymous: A Twelve Step Fellowship for…

Depressed Anonymous

Dual Recovery Anonymous - a 12 Step program

Eating Disorders Anonymous

Emotions Anonymous

Families Anonymous

Food Addicts

Gamblers Anonymous Official Home Page

Hepatitis C Anonymous

HIV Anonymous

Internet and Tech Addiction Anonymous

Marijuana Anonymous

Methadone Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous Official  Homepage

Nar-Anon is a family support group

Nicotine Anonymous (WWW Home Page) NA Home Page

On Line Gamers Anonymous

Overeaters Anonymous

Parents Anonymous

Recovering Couples Anonymous

Sexaholics Anonymous

Sex Addicts Anonymous

Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous

Shoplifters Anonymous

Spenders Anonymous

Survivors Of Incest Anonymous

Workaholics Anonymous

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*@¿@*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Created in 1997 , "12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit" is intended to give readers , inspiring and thoughtful messages. To help fulfill our primary purpose which is to carry the message to the alcoholic/addict who still suffers. A spiritual adventure, a journey inwards this has a vision of opening and touching, each and everyone, with the Loving Power and Presence of the Spirit within." We invite you to share the writings by forwarding today's message to others. Share "12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit" with friends and loved ones: Please keep passing this along to online recovery friends  "We can only keep what we have by giving it away."

12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit does not endorse any of the advertisements that may appear in this daily mailing. Advertising is the price that we pay for a free list server that yahoo groups and google groups provides.

Putting together these Daily Recovery Emails has been such a blessing for me, Thanks for your support and contributions, "What I can't do alone we can do together." If you have any original poetry or submissions that you would like to send to me you can email me at
YOUn...@gmail.com

Anyone can subscribe to this free daily  e-zine by sending an Email message to me and write subscribe in the subject line.

Under Bill s.1618 TITLE III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this letter cannot be considered spam as long as the following words are included:

To unsubscribe to to this list send an Email message to the group that you belong to
or
YOUn...@gmail.com and write unsubscribe in the subject line or go to the website and unsubscribe

By the grace of God and through your efforts of passing on this email, we are reaching many recovering people in different areas of the world. If you are receiving this, from a country outside of the USA please send me an email and tell me where you are receiving this. So far we reaching over 17,000 recovering people in 66 countries including Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada , Columbia, Costa Rica, China , Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Guatemala, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Mali West Africa, Mozambique, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia , Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa , Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, U.S.A., Venezuela, Wales, West Indies, Zimbabwe.

Even if your country is listed please email me, and let me know where you are from

When we hug we pray,
Stay in the Light,
In loving service,
Scott H. from N.Y. ~ cleandate 10/27/88