3/20/16 "Famous Last Words" ~12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit

younmenhp

Mar 20, 2016, 12:17:22 PM3/20/16
to 12-Step-Soul-Food-for-the-Spirit, 12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit, Twelve Step Soul Food for the Spirit
Step 11
http://www.recoverycartoons.com/steps/step11.shtml

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*LAUGHTER Is HEALING*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The weekly meeting topic is:
What "experience , strength , and hope" would you offer someone
about working to have a healthy relationship ?

This is a DIFFERENT Yahoo Club you MUST join this club in order to
participate otherwise your emails will bounce

to share please visit
or email

A Safe Place to Share , Discover and Recover.
This is a SLAMMING, STRONG support group with
a whole lot of EXPERIENCE, LOVE and HOPE that is available to you.
This a message bulletin board meeting, where people post on the
weekly topic. It takes only 1 minute to enter a password and
username. Please go this page on the upper right hand corner and click
the join club link, sign in and go to the left hand side and click
messages to read what others have shared and click on the post link,
now you can share on the topic of the week or whatever you would like.
There is a lot of good experience, strength and hope in here as well
as newcomers who need our support and love, PLEASE stop by,
we will leave the light on in the room and there is coffee in the back :)
Thanks for your participation and support !!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Please Be There For The Newcomers*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

March 20
I am becoming more open
to look within me today for my solutions.
I trust that I will find the right answers
if I go quietly within and follow my inner guide.
written by ~ Ruth Fishel
"Time for Joy"
Check out Ruth's collection of
light, nourishing and nurturing Books and CD's
& some touching inspirational SPIRITLIFTER messages by email
http://www.ruthfishel.com/Books_and_CDs.html
for inspirational messages email

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Just for Today*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Famous Last Words

"This is JUSTIFIED anger."
"I was very active in my home group -- when I was new."
"I'm too busy to work the Steps."
"I'm different."
"I can have just one."
"I can handle a relationship -- I've been sober six months."
"The meetings are different here from where I got sober."
"I don't need to go to meetings any more."

© AA Grapevine, March 2002, page 47

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Don't Use*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If anyone has any original recovery poetry that they
would like to share with us please copy and paste it into the body
of an email and send it to me, Thanks for your support and contributions.
What I can't do alone, We do together.
In loving service, Scott ~  YOUn...@gmail.com

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Make A Meeting*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just For Today
March 20                                                   Higher Power

"Most of us have no trouble admitting that addiction had become a
destructive force in our lives. Our best efforts resulted in ever
greater destruction and despair. At some point, we realized that
we needed the help of some Power greater than our addiction."
Basic Text p. 24

Most of us know without a doubt that our lives have been filled with
destruction. Learning that we have a disease called addiction helps
us understand the source or cause of this destruction. We can
recognize addiction as a power that has worked devastation in our
lives. When we take the First Step, we admit that the destructive
force of addiction is bigger than we are. We are powerless over it.

At this point, our only hope is to find some Power greater than the force
of our addiction — a Power bent on preserving life, not ending it. We
don't have to understand it or even name it; we only have to believe
that there could be such a Higher Power. The belief that a benevolent
Power greater than our addiction just might exist gives us enough hope
to stay clean, a day at a time.

Just for today: I believe in the possibility of some Power that's bigger
than my addiction.

Just For Today Daily Meditation is the property of Narcotics Anonymous ©
1991 by World Service Office Inc.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Get Involved In Service*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you are enjoying this daily recovery email,
Please pass on 12 Step Soul Food For The Spirit to your online friends,
"We can only keep what we have by giving it away."
If you have received this as a forward
and  would like to subscribe please email
me at YOUn...@gmail.com
Thanks, In loving service, Scott :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Get A Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Food For Thought Meditation

Each Day a New Beginning (Women) Meditation

Touchtones (Men) Meditation

Meditation of the Day

Viking Thought of the Day

Elder's Meditation of the Day

Sober Thought of the Day

Daily Zen

Grapevine Story Today

Daily Motivator

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Use Your Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, It's My Choice

   . . . we invariably find that at sometime in the past we have made
decisions based on self which later placed us in a position to be hurt.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p.  62

With the realization and acceptance that I had played a part in the way my
life had turned out came a dramatic change in my outlook.  It was at this
point that the A.A. program began to work for me.  In the past I had always
blamed others, either God or other people, for my circumstances.  I never
felt that I had a choice in altering my life.  My decisions had been based
on fear, pride, or ego.  As a result, those decisions led me down a path of
self-destruction.  Today I try to allow my God to guide me on the road to
sanity.  I am responsible for my action -- or inaction -- whatever the
consequences may be.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.
Daily Reflection In Loving Memory Of Scott Reeves

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Be A Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Twenty-Four Hours A Day by Hazelden/ March 20th

A.A. Thought for the Day

When we were drinking, we used to worry
about the future.  Worry is terrible mental
punishment.  What's going to become of me?
Where will I end up?  In the gutter or the
sanitarium?  We can see ourselves slipping,
getting worse and worse, and we wonder what
the finish will be.  Sometimes we get so
discouraged in thinking about the future that
we toy with the idea of suicide.  In A.A., have
I stopped worrying about the future?

Meditation for the Day

Functioning on a material plane alone takes me
away from God.  I must also try to function on
a spiritual plane.  Functioning on a spiritual plane
as well as on a material plane will make life what
it should be.  All material activities are valueless
in themselves alone.  But all activities, seemingly
trivial or of seemingly great moment, are all alike
if directed by God's guidance.  I must try to obey
God as I would expect a faithful, willing servant to
carry out directions.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that the flow of God's spirit may come to me
through many channels.  I pray that I may function
on a spiritual plane as well as on a material plane.

"Twenty-Four Hours A Day" is a © Copyrighted book of
Hazelden Foundation.  No portion of this publication may
be reproduced in any manner without the written
permission of Hazelden.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Work The Steps*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today's Thought
MARCH 20

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go.
Melody Beattie ©

Releasing

Let fears slip away. Release any negative, limiting, or self-defeating
beliefs buried in your subconscious too. These beliefs may be about life,
love, or yourself. Beliefs create reality.

Let go. From as deep within as your fears, resentments, and negative beliefs
are stored, let them all go. Let the belief or feeling surface. Accept it;
surrender to it. Feel the discomfort or unrest. Then let it go. Let new
beliefs replace the old. Let peace and joy and love replace fear.

Give yourself and your body permission to let go of fears, resentments, and
negative beliefs. Release that which is no longer useful. Trust that you are
being healed and prepared for receiving what is good.

Today, God, help me become willing to let go of old beliefs and feelings
that may be hurting me. Gently take them from me and replace them with new
beliefs and feelings. I do deserve the best life and love has to offer. Help
me believe that.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved. No portion of this
publication may be reproduced in any manner without the written permission
of the publisher.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*You Are A Miracle*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

SpiritHaven and SpiritLifter

Alan Cohen

Marianne Williamson ~ 'Return to Love'

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Don Miguel Ruiz ~ 'The Four Agreements'

Oriah ~ 'The Invitation'

Deepak Chopra

Louise Hay ~ 'You Can Heal Your Life'

Spirit Site~ Home for Spirituality excerpts from books

Heal Your Life~ 'You Can'

Of Spirit ~ 'Healing Body Mind and Spirit'

In Light Times ~ 'Concepts for Conscious Living'

Vision Magazine ~ 'Catalyst for Conscious Living'

Transformation Magazine ~ 'Your Resource for Personal Development'

World Forgiveness Alliance

The Association for Global New Thought

A Course In Miracles

Finding Joy

Inspirational movie, about 3 minutes long

Inspirational Spiritual Flash Movies

Meditation Rooms

Native American 10 Commandments

The Secret

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep It Simple*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

KEEPING CURRENT
by Terri A. Stark

May your Spring bring new growth and opportunities in beautiful abundance!

    As we shake off the doldrums of winter, it is the perfect time to peer
around with our "Feng Shui Eyes" and check to see if we are keeping current
in our environment.

    Our environment is a reflection of us. Our home is as connected to us
as our skin is to our body. Our home is the container that we plant
ourselves in. Providing the optimal conditions - the right amount of sun,
water, love, or whatever our needs may be - we thrive. If we have outgrown
our container in some way or if something about the container no longer
supports us, we must make a change. The only thing that remains the same is
that everything changes.

    Keeping current in our environment supports us and nurtures right now.
If not kept up, our environment can hold us back in the past. For example, I
had a client who had toys for small children (2-3 year olds) on the
bookshelves in her family room. As I talked with her, I found out her
youngest grandchild was 11.

    As we discussed the energetic reflection of these toys and the
possibility of them holding her in the past, she told me that they had been
her children's toys and then the grandchildren's.  I did not tell her she
had to get rid of them.  I only explained that energetically they were more
connected to her past than her present.  She is the only one who can make
the evaluation as to whether they are holding her back in life.  We must
each determine where we are in life and what is a part of us at every given
moment.

    Spring is a time of renewal in nature. It has been a challenging
winter in many areas. As renewal and new growth occur in nature, we may
practice the same renewal in our home as well as internally. Remember,
everything is alive. Do your spring-cleaning with intention. Set your
intention to release and let go of anything that is no longer serving your
highest good. Clutter and unused items stagnate the flow of energy in our
life. Cleaning it out and letting it go opens up the avenue for delicious
new delights to flow in.

    Shake yourself off and determine if there is something new you want in
your life. If there is, make room for it to come in. Clean out the things
that are no longer you. Bring something into your environment that is a
physical representation of what you want. Maybe you just want to simplify
your life. Support that by simplifying your environment. I recently picked
out fabric for a window treatment in my office. As I looked at fabric, I
realized that I need space between a pattern. The fabric I chose is a floral
but there is space around each flower. I create the same feeling throughout
my home. I need breathing room. I need space. It is a reflection of what is
true in my life. I must have quiet space in my life and I schedule it in.
When every minute is scheduled and jam packed, I do not operate optimally. I
need the balance of clear space and quiet time. That balance is different
for each of us but we can support it in our environment.

    To me, this is the true gift of Feng Shui. It enables us to see that
every single item we surround ourselves with is attached to us by an
energetic thread. By consciously choosing what we are living with, we create
our best support system.

    As we enter this joyous season of renewal and new growth, are there
any new seeds you wish to plant? Are there any old beliefs that are no
longer serving you and are ready to be tossed out? Stir the dirt around in
your container rejuvenating and revitalizing your life. Throw open your arms
and embrace whatever glorious new growth you are welcoming in your life!

Dance your Spring dance!

©Terri A. Stark/Feng Shui for Today
www.fengshuifortoday.org

About the Author:
Terri Stark is a Writer, a Teacher and a Feng Shui Practitioner. She
graduated from the Western School of Feng Shui, practices Essential Feng
Shui® and has a degree in Business Administration from Indiana State
University. Terri says, "I not only apply Feng Shui principles to my home; I
apply them to my life. Feng Shui is a tool that assists me in connecting
with the deepest part of myself.  My life is enriched with energy, joy,
peace, prosperity and harmony."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One Day At A Time*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Invitation

It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living.
I want to know what you ache for
and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.

It doesn’t interest me how old you are.
I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool
for love
for your dream
for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon...
I want to know if you have touched the centre of your own sorrow
if you have been opened by life’s betrayals
or have become shrivelled and closed
from fear of further pain.

I want to know if you can sit with pain
mine or your own
without moving to hide it
or fade it
or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy
mine or your own
if you can dance with wildness
and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes
without cautioning us to
be careful
be realistic
remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn’t interest me if the story you are telling me
is true.
I want to know if you can
disappoint another
to be true to yourself.
If you can bear the accusation of betrayal
and not betray your own soul.
If you can be faithless
and therefore trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see Beauty
even when it is not pretty
every day.
And if you can source your own life
from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure
yours and mine
and still stand at the edge of the lake
and shout to the silver of the full moon,
“Yes.”

It doesn’t interest me
to know where you live or how much money you have.
I want to know if you can get up
after the night of grief and despair
weary and bruised to the bone
and do what needs to be done
to feed the children.

It doesn’t interest me who you know
or how you came to be here.
I want to know if you will stand
in the centre of the fire
with me
and not shrink back.

It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom
you have studied.
I want to know what sustains you
from the inside
when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone
with yourself
and if you truly like the company you keep
in the empty moments.

© Oriah Mountain Dreamer, from the book
The Invitation published by HarperSanFrancisco, 1999

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*First Things First*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Unconditional Mom

I was a rotten teenager.    Not your average spoiled, know-
it-all, not-going-to-clean-my-room, getting-an-attitude-because-
I'm-15 teenager.  No, I was a manipulative, lying, acid-tongued
monster, who realized early on that I could make things go my
way with just a few minor adjustments.  The writers for today's
hottest soap opera could not have created a worse "villainess."
A few nasty comments here, a lie or two there, maybe an evil
glare for a finishing touch, and things would be grand.  Or so I
thought.

For the most part, and on the outside, I was a good kid.    A
giggly, pug-nose tomboy who liked to play sports and who thrived
on competition (a nice way of saying: somewhat pushy and
demanding).  Which is probably why most people allowed me to
squeak by using what I now call "bulldozer behavior tactics,"
with no regard for anyone I felt to be of value.  For a while,
anyway.

Since I was perceptive enough to get some people to bend my
way, it amazes me how long it took to realize how I was hurting
so many others.  Not only did I succeed in pushing away many of
my closest friends by trying to control them; I also managed to
sabotage, time and time again, the most precious relationship in
my life: my relationship with my mother.

Even today, almost 10 years since the birth of the new me,
my former behavior astonishes me each time I reach into my
memories.  Hurtful comments that cut and stung the people I
cared most about.  Acts of confusion and anger that seemed to
rule my every move -- all to make sure that things went my way.

My mother, who gave birth to me at age 38 against her
doctor's wishes, would cry to me, "I waited so long for you,
please don't push me away.  I want to help you!"

I would reply with my best face of stone, "I didn't ask for
you!  I never wanted you to care about me!  Leave me alone and
forget I ever lived!"

My mother began to believe I really meant it.  My actions
proved nothing less.

I was mean and manipulative, trying to get my way at any
cost.    Like many young girls in high school, the boys whom I
knew were off limits were always the first ones I had to date.
Sneaking out of the house at all hours of the night just to
prove I could do it.  Juggling complex lies that were always on
the verge of blowing up in my face.  Finding any way to draw
attention to myself while simultaneously trying to be invisible.

Ironically, I wish I could say I had been heavy into drugs
during that period of my life, swallowing mind-altering pills
and smoking things that changed my personality, thus accounting
for the terrible, razor-sharp words that came flying from my
mouth.  However, that was not the case.  My only addiction was
hatred; my only high was inflicting pain.

But then I asked myself why.  Why the need to hurt?  And
why the people I cared about the most?  Why the need for all the
lies?    Why the attacks on my mother?  I would drive myself mad
with all the why's until one day, it all exploded in a suicidal
rage.

Lying awake the following night at the "resort" (my pet
name for the hospital), after an unsuccessful, gutless attempt
to jump from a vehicle moving at 80 miles per hour, one thing
stood out more than my Keds with no shoe laces.  I didn't want
to die.

And I did not want to inflict any more pain on people to
cover up what I was truly trying to hide myself: self-hatred.
Self-hatred unleashed on everyone else.

I saw my mother's pained face for the first time in years -
- warm, tired brown eyes filled with nothing but thanks for her
daughter's new lease on life and love for the child she waited
38 years to bear.

My first encounter with unconditional love.  What a
powerful feeling.

Despite all the lies I had told her, she still loved me.    I
cried on her lap for hours one afternoon and asked why she still
loved me after all the horrible things I did to her.  She just
looked down at me, brushed the hair out of my face and said
frankly, "I don't know."

A kind of smile penetrated her tears as the lines in her
tested face told me all that I needed to know.  I was her
daughter, but more important, she was my mother.  Not every
rotten child is so lucky.  Not every mother can be pushed to the
limits I explored time and time again, and venture back with
feelings of love.

Unconditional love is the most precious gift we can give.
Being forgiven for the past is the most precious gift we can
receive.  I dare not say we could experience this pure love
twice in one lifetime.

I was one of the lucky ones.  I know that.  I want to
extend the gift my mother gave me to all the "rotten teenagers"
in the world who are confused.

It's okay to feel pain, to need help, to feel love -- just
feel it without hiding.  Come out from under the protective
covers, from behind the rigid walls and the suffocating
personas, and take a breath of life.

By Sarah J. Vogt from Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul
Copyright 1997 by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen and Kimberly Kirberger

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Easy Does It*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS is a fellowship designed and administered by a bunch of
ex-drugies whose only qualifications for membership are that they can't use
drugs and have decided they don't want to learn how. Not that they could
anyway, they never could, and it's highly unlikely that they ever would.
It has no rules, dues or fees, nor anything else that any sensible
organization seems to require.

At meetings, the speaker starts on one subject, winds up talking about
something entirely different, and concludes by saying he doesn't know
anything about the program except that it works.

The groups are always broke; yet always seem to have money to carry on.
They are always losing members but seem to grow. They claim NA is a selfish
program but they always seem to be trying to give it away and to do
something for others. Every group passes laws, rules, edicts and
pronouncements that everyone blithely ignores; members who disagree with
anything have the privilege to walk out in a huff, quitting forever, only to
return as if nothing has happened and be greeted accordingly. Nothing is
ever planned 24 hours ahead, yet great projects are born and survive
magnificently. Nothing in NA is according to Hoyle.

How can it survive?

Perhaps it's because we have learned to live and laugh at ourselves. God
made man. He made laughter too. Perhaps he is pleased with our disorganized
efforts and makes things right no matter who pushes the wrong button. Maybe
he is pleased, not with our lack of perfection, but with our sincerity.
Maybe he is pleased with our trying to be nobody but ourselves.

We don't know how it works, but it does, and members keep receiving their
dividends from their NA investments. It is smart to be clean, and much
easier, my friends, to stay clean than to get clean.
I not only believe in Miracles...I depend on them!!!!!!

"When you stand outside a room where a group of Narcotics Anonymous is
meeting, the most frequent sound you hear is laughter. Mellow laughter,
which can come only from people who have looked destruction and catastrophe
in the face, not once but continuously over long years, and now are free and
unafraid.

The laughter, in short, of people who hold God's hand and feel safe.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Live And Let Live*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There's the love of a son for his mother,
There's the love of a brother for his brother
But there's no greater love in this world
Than one drunken bum for another.
AMEN

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep The Focus On You*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You can think.
You can make good decisions.
You can make choices that are right for you.
Yes, we all make mistakes from time to time.
But we are not mistakes.
We can make a new decision that takes new information into account.
We can change our mind from time to time.
That's our right too.
We don't have to be intellectuals to make good choices.
In recovery, we have a gift and a goal available to each of us.
The gift is called wisdom.
Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Let God and Let Go*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You see what you choose to see,
because all perception is a choice.
And when you cease to impose your meanings on what you see,
your spiritual eyes will open,
and you will see a world free of judgment and
shining in its endless beauty."
Paul Ferrini

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

One-half of knowing what you want is knowing
what you must give up before you get it.
Sidney Howard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come To*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

To gain that which is worth having, it may
be necessary to lose everything else.
Bernadette Devlin

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come To Believe*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone...
People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived,
reclaimed and redeemed.
Never throw anybody out.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of
your arm.
As you grow older you'll discover that you have two hands.
One for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
Author Unknown

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Look For The Beauty*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I haven't done everything,
but there's nothing that I haven't considered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Today Is A Gift*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There was always a drug for a symptom,
I learned quickly how to manipulate one
to acquire the other.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep Stepping*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was chasing a shadow that I couldn't catch.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Stay In The Light*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I am a veteran in the field of insanity,
I was chasing death and paying for it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Take A Moment To GIVE (NO COST)*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

FREE Click to GIVE @ to STOP Violence Against Women
FREE Click to GIVE Rice
FREE Click to GIVE @ the STOP HIV SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Hunger SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Breast Cancer SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Rain Forest SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Animal Rescue SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Children in Need
FREE Click to GIVE @ to Save Our Oceans

Track Your Impact in GIVING

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One Promise, Many Gifts*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

Adult Children of Alcoholics

Al-Anon/Alateen

Alcoholics Anonymous

Alcoholics Anonymous Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Artists Recovering through the Twelve Steps

Clutterer’s Anonymous

Cocaine Anonymous World Services

Co-Dependents Anonymous Home Page

Crystal Meth Anonymous

Criminal and Gangs Anonymous

Debtors Anonymous: A Twelve Step Fellowship for…

Depressed Anonymous

Dual Recovery Anonymous - a 12 Step program

Eating Disorders Anonymous

Emotions Anonymous

Families Anonymous

Food Addicts

Gamblers Anonymous Official Home Page

Hepatitis C Anonymous

HIV Anonymous

Internet and Tech Addiction Anonymous

Marijuana Anonymous

Methadone Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous Official  Homepage

Nar-Anon is a family support group

Nicotine Anonymous (WWW Home Page) NA Home Page

On Line Gamers Anonymous

Overeaters Anonymous

Parents Anonymous

Recovering Couples Anonymous

Sexaholics Anonymous

Sex Addicts Anonymous

Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous

Shoplifters Anonymous

Spenders Anonymous

Survivors Of Incest Anonymous

Workaholics Anonymous

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*@¿@*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Created in 1997 , "12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit" is intended to give readers , inspiring and thoughtful messages. To help fulfill our primary purpose which is to carry the message to the alcoholic/addict who still suffers. A spiritual adventure, a journey inwards this has a vision of opening and touching, each and everyone, with the Loving Power and Presence of the Spirit within." We invite you to share the writings by forwarding today's message to others. Share "12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit" with friends and loved ones: Please keep passing this along to online recovery friends  "We can only keep what we have by giving it away."

12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit does not endorse any of the advertisements that may appear in this daily mailing. Advertising is the price that we pay for a free list server that yahoo groups and google groups provides.

Putting together these Daily Recovery Emails has been such a blessing for me, Thanks for your support and contributions, "What I can't do alone we can do together." If you have any original poetry or submissions that you would like to send to me you can email me at
YOUn...@gmail.com

Anyone can subscribe to this free daily  e-zine by sending an Email message to me and write subscribe in the subject line.

Under Bill s.1618 TITLE III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this letter cannot be considered spam as long as the following words are included:

To unsubscribe to to this list send an Email message to the group that you belong to
or
YOUn...@gmail.com and write unsubscribe in the subject line or go to the website and unsubscribe

By the grace of God and through your efforts of passing on this email, we are reaching many recovering people in different areas of the world. If you are receiving this, from a country outside of the USA please send me an email and tell me where you are receiving this. So far we reaching over 17,000 recovering people in 66 countries including Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada , Columbia, Costa Rica, China , Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Guatemala, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Mali West Africa, Mozambique, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia , Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa , Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, U.S.A., Venezuela, Wales, West Indies, Zimbabwe.

Even if your country is listed please email me, and let me know where you are from

When we hug we pray,
Stay in the Light,
In loving service,
Scott H. from N.Y. ~ cleandate 10/27/88