3/14/16 "Recovery Thoughts for the Day" ~12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit

younmenhp

Mar 16, 2016, 6:50:53 PM3/16/16
to 12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit, 12-Step-Soul-Food-for-the-Spirit, Twelve Step Soul Food for the Spirit
Step 4

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*LAUGHTER Is HEALING*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The weekly meeting topic is:
What does "spirituality" mean to you?
How is it growing in your life?
How do you get out of those "spiritual slumps" that we all experience?

This is a DIFFERENT Yahoo Club you MUST join this club in order to
participate otherwise your emails will bounce

to share please visit
or email

A Safe Place to Share , Discover and Recover.
This is a SLAMMING, STRONG support group with
a whole lot of EXPERIENCE, LOVE and HOPE that is available to you.
This a message bulletin board meeting, where people post on the
weekly topic. It takes only 1 minute to enter a password and
username. Please go this page on the upper right hand corner and click
the join club link, sign in and go to the left hand side and click
messages to read what others have shared and click on the post link,
now you can share on the topic of the week or whatever you would like.
There is a lot of good experience, strength and hope in here as well
as newcomers who need our support and love, PLEASE stop by,
we will leave the light on in the room and there is coffee in the back :)
Thanks for your participation and support !!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Please Be There For The Newcomers*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

March 14
I will value myself today both for my perfections
and especially for my imperfections.
written by ~ Ruth Fishel
"Time for Joy"
Check out Ruth's collection of
light, nourishing and nurturing Books and CD's
& some touching inspirational SPIRITLIFTER messages by email
http://www.ruthfishel.com/Books_and_CDs.html
for inspirational messages email

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Just for Today*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Recovery Thoughts for the Day

1. It's not old behavior if I'm still doing it.

2. If you're looking to have an image in NA, look around at the
    meetings you go to and look at whom you're trying to impress.

3. An addict is a person who wants to be held while he's isolating.

4. Clean time is the leading cause of relapse.

5. A treatment center is where you go and pay $15,000 to find out
    that NA meetings are free.

6. The idea that drug addicts, sex addicts, overeaters, smokers,
    etc, etc, should all just go to NA meetings because a disease, is a
    disease, is a disease was started by a treatment center that only
    had one van.

7. This is a 'One Day at a Time' program. If you are clean today,
    you are tied for first place in NA.

8. If using is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy
    user . If work is interfering with your using, you're probably an
    addict.

9. I often obsessively pursue feeling good, no matter how bad it
    makes me feel.

10. When I was new, I didn't think I had any obsessions until I
    started thinking about it. Then it was all I could think about.

11. How come if drugs kill millions of brain cells, it never killed
    the ones that made me want to use?

12. From a newcomer reading the 'Promise' for the first time: We
    will comprehend the word active and we will know peace.

13. If God were small enough to be understood, He wouldn't be big
    enough to be God!

14. If you want to quit using, you are going to have to quit using.

15. Newcomer: How do I know how many meetings I should attend each
    week? Old-timer: Gradually cut back until you use. Then... you'll
    know.

16. I would rather go through life clean, believing I am an addict,
    than go through life loaded, trying to convince myself that I am
    not.

17. Resentments are like stray cats: if you don't feed them, they'll
    go away.

18. The difference between a problem user and an addict is that:

A) When the drug is taken away from the problem user, the problem
    goes away.

B) When the drug is taken away from the addict, the problem begins.

19. Before I came into NA, I was dead, but I did not know enough to
    lie down.

20. I used when I was happy. I used when I was unhappy. Actually, I
    am a reason to use.

21. You don't have to be sick to want to get well. But if you don't
     want to get well, you ARE sick.

22. I can't do His will my way.

23. The good news is you get your emotions back; the bad news is you
    get your emotions back.

24. All we ask is that you completely change your attitude as soon
    as possible.

25. I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all;
    but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess.

26. Without memory, there is no healing. Without forgiveness, there
    is no future.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Don't Use*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If anyone has any original recovery poetry that they
would like to share with us please copy and paste it into the body
of an email and send it to me, Thanks for your support and contributions.
What I can't do alone, We do together.
In loving service, Scott ~  YOUn...@gmail.com

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Make A Meeting*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just For Today
March 14                                                 Relationships

"Also, our inventories usually include material on relationships."
 Basic Text p. 29

What an understatement this is! Especially in later recovery,
entire inventories may focus on our relationships with others.
Our lives have been filled with relationships with lovers, friends,
parents, co-workers, children, and others with whom we come in
contact. A look at these associations can tell us much about our
essential character.

Often our inventories catalog the resentments that arise from
our day-to-day interactions with others. We strive to look at our
part in these frictions. Are we placing unrealistic expectations on
other people? Do we impose our standards on others? Are we
sometimes downright intolerant?

Often just the writing of our inventory will release some of the
pressure that a troubled relationship can produce. But we must also
share this inventory with another human being. That way, we get
some needed perspective on our part in the problem and how we can
work toward a solution.

The inventory is a tool that allows us to begin healing our
relationships. We learn that today, with the help of an inventory,
we can start to enjoy our relationships with others.

Just for today: I will inventory the part I play in my relationships. I
will seek to play a richer, more responsible part in those relationships.

Just For Today Daily Meditation is the property of Narcotics Anonymous ©
1991 by World Service Office Inc.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Get Involved In Service*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you are enjoying this daily recovery email,
Please pass on 12 Step Soul Food For The Spirit to your online friends,
"We can only keep what we have by giving it away."
If you have received this as a forward
and  would like to subscribe please email
Thanks, In loving service, Scott :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Get A Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Food For Thought Meditation

Each Day a New Beginning (Women) Meditation

Touchtones (Men) Meditation

Meditation of the Day

Viking Thought of the Day

Elder's Meditation of the Day

Sober Thought of the Day

Daily Zen

Grapevine Story Today

Daily Motivator

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Use Your Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Weeding The Garden

The essence of all growth is a willingness to make a change for the better
and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility
this entails.
AS BILL SEES IT, p.  115

By the time I had reached Step Three I had been freed of my dependence on
alcohol, but bitter experience has shown me that continuous sobriety
requires continuous effort.

Every now and then I pause to take a good look at my progress.  More and
more of my garden is weeded each time I look, but each time I also find new
weeds sprouting where I thought I had made my final pass with the
blade.  As I head back to get the newly sprouted weed (it's easier when
they are young), I take a moment to admire how lush the growing vegetables
and flowers are, and my labors are rewarded.  My sobriety grows and bears
fruit.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.
Daily Reflection In Loving Memory Of Scott Reeves

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Be A Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Twenty-Four Hours A Day by Hazelden/ March 14th

A.A. Thought for the Day

Can I get well? If I mean, "Can I ever drink
normally again?" the answer is no. But if I mean,
"Can I stay sober?" the answer is definitely
yes. I can get well by turning my drink problem
over to a Power greater than myself, that Divine
Principle in the universe which we call God, and
by asking that Power each morning to give me
the strength to stay sober for the next
twenty-four hours. I know from the experience
of thousands of people that if I honestly want to
get well, I can get well. Am I faithfully following
the AA program?

Meditation for the Day

Persevere in all that God's guidance moves you to
do. The persistent carrying out of what seems
right and good will bring you to that place where
you would be. If you look back over God's guidance,
you will see that His leading has been very gradual
and that only as you have carried out His wishes,
as far as you can understand them, has God been
able to give you more clear and definite leading.
You are led by God's touch on a quickened,
responsive mind.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may persevere in doing what seems
right. I pray that I may carry out all of God's
leading, as far as I can understand it.

"Twenty-Four Hours A Day" is a © Copyrighted book of
Hazelden Foundation.  No portion of this publication may
be reproduced in any manner without the written
permission of Hazelden.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Work The Steps*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today's Thought
MARCH 14

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go.
Melody Beattie ©

Trusting Ourselves

Trust can be one of the most confusing concepts in recovery. Who do we
trust? For what?

The most important trust issue we face is learning to trust ourselves. The
most detrimental thing thats happened to us is that we came to believe we
couldnt trust ourselves.

There will be some who tell us we cannot trust ourselves; we are off base
and out of whack. There are those who would benefit by our mistrusting
ourselves.

Fear and doubt are our enemies. Panic is our enemy. Confusion is our
opposition.

Self-trust is a healing gift we can give ourselves. How do we acquire it? We
learn it. What do we do about our mistakes, about those times we thought we
could trust ourselves but were wrong? We accept them, and trust ourselves
anyway.

We know what is best for us. We know what is right for us. If we are wrong,
if we need to change our mind, we will be guided into that - but only by
trusting where we are today.

We can look to others for support and reinforcement, but trust in ourselves
is essential.

Do not trust fear. Do not trust panic. We can trust ourselves, stand in our
own truth, and stand in our own light. We have it now. Already. We have all
the light we need for today. And tomorrows light shall be given to us then.

Trust ourselves, and we will know whom to trust. Trust ourselves, and we
will know what to do. When we feel we absolutely cannot trust ourselves,
trust that God will guide us into truth.

God, help me let go of fear, doubt, and confusion - the enemies of
self-trust. Help me go forward in peace and confidence. Help me grow in
trust for you, and myself one day at a time, one experience at a time.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved. No portion of this
publication may be reproduced in any manner without the written permission
of the publisher.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*You Are A Miracle*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

SpiritHaven and SpiritLifter

Alan Cohen

Marianne Williamson ~ 'Return to Love'

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Don Miguel Ruiz ~ 'The Four Agreements'

Oriah ~ 'The Invitation'

Deepak Chopra

Louise Hay ~ 'You Can Heal Your Life'

Spirit Site~ Home for Spirituality excerpts from books

Heal Your Life~ 'You Can'

Of Spirit ~ 'Healing Body Mind and Spirit'

In Light Times ~ 'Concepts for Conscious Living'

Vision Magazine ~ 'Catalyst for Conscious Living'

Transformation Magazine ~ 'Your Resource for Personal Development'

World Forgiveness Alliance

The Association for Global New Thought

A Course In Miracles

Finding Joy

Inspirational movie, about 3 minutes long

Inspirational Spiritual Flash Movies

Meditation Rooms

Native American 10 Commandments

The Secret

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep It Simple*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Being Masterfully Human
by Aluna Joy Yaxk'in

"Life is not about being a master in a human body,
                      but being a human masterfully!"

Who said that if you lived consciously nothing bad or challenging would ever
happen to you? Who told you would never get sick, have a lover leave you,
have a loved one die, have a car accident, or make a bad choice, huh? Who
ever said that walking the spiritual path would be a piece of cake, easy as
pie? Come on now, stand up, and let's take a look at your life, because I
could use a good example to follow.

When a friend asks you how you are, do you hide the fact you might feel
miserable that day? Do you respond to your friends by saying "Hey I am
great, it's all perfect!" Why do we hide the truth and hide ourselves from
each other. Why are we so afraid of being judged for being human, for having
a down day. How often have you felt like eating a pint of ice cream and hid
the carton at the bottom of the shopping cart away from the curious eyes?
Why is it that we do not allow each other to be human with all our amazing
qualities and frailties? Where is the non-judgment, the compassion, and why
is having human vulnerabilities means you're not on a spiritual path, not
heading for spiritual graduation?

Welcome everyone to HUMAN MASTERY 101. I'll have to say that at times I felt
I was not getting good grades in this class. In fact sometimes I felt like I
was failing altogether and wishing I could drop the course. Guess I have
been judging myself. But the fact is that if you and I are in a human body
we are not getting out of this class without a few major challenges,
illnesses and bad choices. And YES, we will get judged for these at the very
time we need support. So what do we do, we try harder to be perfect and work
harder to hide our human vulnerabilities. But soon the law called "being
human" rears its ugly head and takes us down another peg, another wrung of
the ladder, with the next challenge. Sometimes don't you wish you could
stick your head in the sand to avoid further persecution? But sadly we can
not avoid persecution from ourselves.

From the world's major religions to New Age thought, we have bought into the
subtle program that we must be perfect, live a balanced life to warrant a
graduating degree in HUMAN MASTERY 101. The paradox is our world is a world
of polarity, not neutrality. Being balanced 100% of the time in this reality
really means you are stuck -- not growing -- or dead. If you think your life
is balanced all the time, you are in denial, and running as hard as you can
from the challenges chasing you down. But guess what? The conflict and
challenge that we are embarrassed to have in our lives, or try to avoid, are
the very spiritual fuel that makes us all grow stronger toward Mastery. So
my big question here is how can we be super human, ascended masters and the
pure embodiment of an angel while being human in a dualistic world? Now this
is the test, the challenge, and the ironic joke the creator has given us to
figure out. And I don't have any answers myself yet.

Well like I said before, I need a good example to follow. If it is possible
to be masterful in this dualistic world then surely there is some example of
this happening is history. So I complied a quick list of those I felt are
top shelf, got the Grammy, the Oscar, really did it right in their life. Off
the top of my head I thought of Jesus, the Dalai Lama, St. Francis, Martin
Luther King, Mahatma Gandhi, Joan of Arc, and Mother Theresa.

I began at the top of my list with Jesus, a master teacher of love and
compassion, but didn't he create a situation in his life in which a good
buddy, one of his own disciples, betrayed him and this betrayal cost him his
life and at the hand of his own people? Hummm. Wow, he must have really been
out of balance the day they hung him on the cross. Why did he attract that
to his life? .. OK.. next one.

His Holiness, The Dalai Lama, is a beautiful being with the purest of hearts
and the most beautiful teaching of love and compassion. There is hardly
anyone on the planet he has not touched thanks to modern media. But yet with
all his sincerity, ceremony, sand mandalas, political clout, Nobel Peace
Prize and a entire lineage of incredible power he could not save Tibet and
still can not save his people from daily torture. Hummm.. Did he forget to
meditate the day the Chinese took over Tibet, did he mess up one of those
sand mandalas creating/attracting to himself such a horrible outcome? ..
Next..

OK, let's look at those who taught and lived non-violence, Martin Luther
King and Mahatma Gandhi. Oh yeah, they both attracted violent murderous
deaths. Now how did that happen? Gandhi freed India and Dr. King freed the
African Americans from racial segregation. But they both got a fatal bullet.
Now that doesn't seem right does it? Joan of Arc.granted she was a little
strange, led by intense visions from spirit, but she won great battles for
France.. Oh yeah. they burned her at the stake as a witch. Mother Theresa,
now how about her? She gave up all personal desires to heal the poorest of
poor, but she got sick and died. And St. Francis gave up everything for
peace and love and was never accepted for it in his life time and lost what
little he did have.

So who said if you are a master you do not attract any bad, challenging or
hard situations to you? I don't get it. If we think these ones are saints,
masters and great examples to follow then why do we judge our friends for
having a frail moment, week or month? And why do we judge ourselves just as
badly?

Do you know what makes one a Master, an angel or saint? It is not the
absence of challenge but the right reaction to challenge that makes us
masters of our human existence. If we act using what we know is right,
unconditionally in light of hard challenges, that is mastery. We honor
Jesus, Martin Luther King and Mahatma Gandhi, His Holiness and the rest for
their enlightened behaviors based on their truth principles. This is why we
honor them. Jesus taught love and non-judgment even while hung on the cross.
Now that had to be a hard to do. The Dalai Lama still smiles and practices
non-violence and compassion even though the Chinese still today torture his
people. Martin Luther King and Mahatma Gandhi both doubted their teachings,
wondering if the world was ready for what they had to offer, but they kept
on until someone judged them so much they took them out. They acted the best
they could, with what they had to work with based on their truth principles.

How could we live perfectly balanced when so much of the population is
waging war, committing murder, suffering, and starving? If we think we can
separate ourselves from the collective and become masters over the material
world, well I don't think so, unless you are a monk in a cave in the
Himalayas. Even then, you would be challenged by yourself.

I think we are all capable of AMAZING deeds and actions, but I think we are
being a little idealist and maybe not very authentic to think we can avoid
the changes and challenges that happen in this crazy world. Maybe if we want
to pass HUMAN MASTERY 101 it is as simple as reacting with love when faced
with hate, when faced with anger react with peace, when there is judgment
react with compassion.

Life is not about being a master in a human body, but being a human
masterfully! Maybe our challenges are masterful tests so we have the
opportunity to put into action the truth principles we personally believe
in. Maybe, just maybe, the greater the test we attract the stronger we are
and the closer we are to passing final exams. So if you are having bad day,
bad week, bad life -- hey get over it. Own it, and decide to act rightly to
the best of your ability with what you have and learn from the experience.
And if you mess up . again... FORGIVE YOURSELF and go on and remember no one
out there is getting it right all the time even though they would like you
to think so.

We are not superhuman, at least not all the time. We get tired, feel ill,
get angry or sad. It is part of living in a dualistic world. On good days we
are all heroes, masters, saints, and angels, and these are great days to be
honored and celebrated. But remember to honor the courage it takes us
everyday to face our lives when the picture is not so pretty. Celebrate the
growth when we are sick, lonely, lost, angry and sad. Hey it IS all perfect,
if you own the beautiful fact you are human and a master, an angel, a saint
all wrapped into one very human body in a very wacky world. Oh and by the
way, everyone passes HUMAN MASTERY 101 . because God never judges you.

About The Author:
Aluna Joy Yaxk'in is an internationally known speaker, author, Mayan
Astrologer, Clairvoyant / Clairsentient, and Sacred Site Essence Formulator.
She has been called a modern mystic and psycho-geographical healer. She is
author of Mayan Astrology and her articles have been published worldwide.
Aluna Joy Yaxk'in, PO Box 1988, Sedona AZ 86339. Ph: 928-282-6292. Webpage:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One Day At A Time*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I Shall

I am capable. I am worthwhile.
I am beautiful. I am lovable.
I shall accept both my strengths
and my weaknesses for they are me.

I shall never again believe the "lie"
that if I make a mistake,
I am a mistake.
My mistakes are the learning tools
that I shall encounter on my life journey.

When I learn from my mistakes,
I give them meaning
When I give my mistakes meaning,
I can begin to forgive myself,
I can begin to heal.

I shall not use my mistakes as excuses
to give up on me.....
My mistakes are not me.

I shall seek the wisdom to nurture
my heart, mind, body, and soul
so that I may feel more centered

providing an energy reserve that allows
me to climb the mountains in my own life

providing an energy reserve that allows
me to love and support others
who are climbing a different mountain

providing an energy reserve that allows
time for friends, play
and the celebration of life.

I shall allow myself to feel capable
so that I may seek excellence.

I shall allow myself to feel sadness
so that joy may return.

I shall allow myself to feel joy
so that I may be revitalized.

I shall allow myself to feel afraid
so that I may find courage.

I shall allow myself to feel alone
so that I may know me.

I shall allow myself to feel beautiful
so that I may feel free.

I shall allow myself to feel lovable
so that the loving may seek me.

I shall allow myself to feel pain
so that I may heal.

I shall allow myself to feel worthy
so that I may fulfill my purpose.

When I am centered,
I see the perfection in the world,
myself and others.

When I find the world to be imperfect,
I will take responsibility
for painting it that way.

I will look into the heart of a rose,
or the eyes of a newborn baby
and again know perfection.

I take responsibility
for creating my own life story
through the choices I have made;
to blame others is to give away
my personal power.

Who will I allow to write
the next chapter of my life?

I shall seek the courage to believe
in a God or Higher Power
who will laugh with me in the sunlight
or cry with me in the darkness.

I shall make a small difference on this planet
through the work I do.
When I leave I will have done my share.

I shall live, love, laugh,
and learn on my journey.

Written by BJ.Morbitzer

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*First Things First*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

How Narrow
Virjinja

 When what is seen  when looking out
 Reflects what you know  and only that
 Vision is limited, so  obscured
 Excluding other points  of view
 Observing only through  your eyes
 Is a delusional,  foolhardy lie
 How narrow the  view...
 Held by  you

 Another's life appears a  waste
 If not in step with  hurry and haste
 Because that's what  you've come to know
 Consider there's much  you do not know
 Because your life is  this or that
 Doesn't mean all else is  flat
 How narrow the  view...
 Held by  you

 When judgment comes so  easily
 The reasoning is plain  to see
 As the center of your  universe
 All else appears to be  perverse
 Walk a mile or two in  someone's shoes
 If you can ~ how  different life looks!
 How narrow the  view...
 Formerly held by  you

 When crying in your  suffering
 Try to understand that  pain
 Appears in wide  variety
 Not only what is born by  thee
 And remember  also this one, too
 What you have's chosen  by you
 Expand the  view...
 Held by  you

 We're here to help each  other through
 By thoughts and prayers  and what we do
 This will be  impossible
 When judging others  based on you
 Unbiased and fair would  be
 The way to connect  lovingly
 How broad the  view...
 Now before  you.

©2006 ~ Virginia Santoro ~ All Rights  Reserved

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Easy Does It*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Meant for More
by James Dillet Freeman

"How do I find what life's about
Unless I venture farther out?
Something in me is not content,
Something affirms that I am meant
For more, and so I have to try
And see if somehow I can fly.
Going beyond the edge of things,
I may find out that I have wings.
Though they are of a different kind
Than birds, being mainly in the mind.
Whatever now I seem to be,
Yet more is to be found in me."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Live And Let Live*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Thousand Pound Phone

In dark isolation, feeling alone
Staring at my, thousand pound phone
Scanning the numbers, my support list
Frozen in fear, I somehow resist
Light as a feather, when lusting for dope
So hard to lift, when needing some hope
Head's in control, feel the disease
Desperate I pray, "Take my will please"
Sponsor imparts, a portion of love
Keeping me clean, as a white dove
Loneliness be gone, you're not my wife
Telephone thanks, you saved my life
When face to face, with my disease
I find some strength, down on my knees
Thanks be to God, I'm never alone
As together we lift, the thousand pound phone

poem by Kevin Kensick

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep The Focus On You*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love.
The real miracle is the love that inspires them.
In this sense everything that comes from love is a miracle.
A Course In Miracles, Foundation for Peace

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Let God and Let Go*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There are 10,080 minutes in a week
That's 168 hours per week
A meeting takes 1 1/2 hours
It takes on average 3-5 minutes to read a page from the book
The Basic Text can be read on average in 7 hours (the first 103 pages)
Got time for your recovery?
Mark Thomas Spitler July 3rd 1998 ©

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It only takes one person to change your life -- you.
Ruth Casey

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come To*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You can learn these things from your dog:
to love children, to drink plenty of water,
to be a dependable friend, to express pleasure when treated well,
to guard faithfully the interests of those who care for you,
and to be faithful until death.
Unknown

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come To Believe*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I like not only to be loved, but also to be told that I am loved.
I am not sure that you are of the same mind.
But the realm of silence is large enough beyond the grave.
This is the world of light and speech,
and I shall take leave to tell you that you are very dear.
George Eliot

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Look For The Beauty*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I used to compare my insides,
by everyone else's outsides.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Today Is A Gift*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Keep it green,
What is green GROWS

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep Stepping*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It's not the story,
It's the feelings.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Stay In The Light*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The chase is better than the catch.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Take A Moment To GIVE (NO COST)*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

FREE Click to GIVE @ to STOP Violence Against Women
FREE Click to GIVE Rice
FREE Click to GIVE @ the STOP HIV SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Hunger SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Breast Cancer SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Rain Forest SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Animal Rescue SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Children in Need
FREE Click to GIVE @ to Save Our Oceans

Track Your Impact in GIVING

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One Promise, Many Gifts*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

Adult Children of Alcoholics

Al-Anon/Alateen

Alcoholics Anonymous

Alcoholics Anonymous Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Artists Recovering through the Twelve Steps

Clutterer’s Anonymous

Cocaine Anonymous World Services

Co-Dependents Anonymous Home Page

Crystal Meth Anonymous

Criminal and Gangs Anonymous

Debtors Anonymous: A Twelve Step Fellowship for…

Depressed Anonymous

Dual Recovery Anonymous - a 12 Step program

Eating Disorders Anonymous

Emotions Anonymous

Families Anonymous

Food Addicts

Gamblers Anonymous Official Home Page

Hepatitis C Anonymous

HIV Anonymous

Internet and Tech Addiction Anonymous

Marijuana Anonymous

Methadone Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous Official  Homepage

Nar-Anon is a family support group

Nicotine Anonymous (WWW Home Page) NA Home Page

On Line Gamers Anonymous

Overeaters Anonymous

Parents Anonymous

Recovering Couples Anonymous

Sexaholics Anonymous

Sex Addicts Anonymous

Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous

Shoplifters Anonymous

Spenders Anonymous

Survivors Of Incest Anonymous

Workaholics Anonymous

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*@¿@*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Created in 1997 , "12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit" is intended to give readers , inspiring and thoughtful messages. To help fulfill our primary purpose which is to carry the message to the alcoholic/addict who still suffers. A spiritual adventure, a journey inwards this has a vision of opening and touching, each and everyone, with the Loving Power and Presence of the Spirit within." We invite you to share the writings by forwarding today's message to others. Share "12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit" with friends and loved ones: Please keep passing this along to online recovery friends  "We can only keep what we have by giving it away."

12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit does not endorse any of the advertisements that may appear in this daily mailing. Advertising is the price that we pay for a free list server that yahoo groups and google groups provides.

Putting together these Daily Recovery Emails has been such a blessing for me, Thanks for your support and contributions, "What I can't do alone we can do together." If you have any original poetry or submissions that you would like to send to me you can email me at
YOUn...@gmail.com

Anyone can subscribe to this free daily  e-zine by sending an Email message to me and write subscribe in the subject line.

Under Bill s.1618 TITLE III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this letter cannot be considered spam as long as the following words are included:

To unsubscribe to to this list send an Email message to the group that you belong to
or
YOUn...@gmail.com and write unsubscribe in the subject line or go to the website and unsubscribe

By the grace of God and through your efforts of passing on this email, we are reaching many recovering people in different areas of the world. If you are receiving this, from a country outside of the USA please send me an email and tell me where you are receiving this. So far we reaching over 17,000 recovering people in 66 countries including Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada , Columbia, Costa Rica, China , Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Guatemala, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Mali West Africa, Mozambique, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia , Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa , Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, U.S.A., Venezuela, Wales, West Indies, Zimbabwe.

Even if your country is listed please email me, and let me know where you are from

When we hug we pray,
Stay in the Light,
In loving service,
Scott H. from N.Y. ~ cleandate 10/27/88