3/1/16 "A Letter To My Son" ~12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit

younmenhp

Mar 1, 2016, 7:44:45 AM3/1/16
to 12-Step-Soul-Food-for-the-Spirit, 12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit, Twelve Step Soul Food for the Spirit

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*LAUGHTER Is HEALING*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(((Family))) a BIG hug to you ALL
I am grateful to be clean,
I am grateful that God has allowed our paths to cross.
I am very grateful for the choices, blessings and gifts.
The way I got to the 3rd step was by,
not using no matter what (that's the first step),
making meetings each day, getting involved and
having a sponsor and using him (that's the second step).
The Third Step says that "We made a decision to turn our will
and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him."
It doesn't say we turned our wills and our lives over to the care
of God as we understood him. It says we made a decision.
Sometimes when I go out with my wife
We make a decision to turn our sons over to the care of the
babysitter. When I get paid I make a decision to turn my money
over to the care of a bank.
In the beginning the word God was too intimidating to me.
So I made a decision to to be WILLING turn my will
and my life over to the care of the
Good Orderly Direction (GOD) of the Program of N.A.
That meant that I made a decision to continue...
...not using "no matter what"
...making meetings
...working with my sponsor
...working the steps
...giving back what was freely given to me
...staying involved with a comittment
...living and enjoying my life without using.
I still do this today.
As time goes on and we stay clean our experience broadens
and deepens. We try things for the first time.
And I needed to be willing to make a decision  to turn some
difficult situations over to the care of God.
I learned how to Let Go and Let God
and I learned how to Let God and Let Go.
FAITH isn't FAITH until its all you have to hold onto.
I am so grateful for the people that God has put in my life,
That when it seems so dark that I forgot what the light even looks
like, They love me, nurture me and encourage me
to take my hand out from in front of my eyes and see the light
again. I heard things in the rooms of N.A. and I learned to keep
what I need and leave the rest. I heard things like....
Anything I ever let go of had 10 inch claw marks on it........
Let Go or get dragged.......
Turn it over......
Put it in your God Box...
God will move a mountain, but you have to bring a shovel.....
Without God I can't, Without me he won't...
All of these things helped me in the beginning,
and they still help me today.
They told me to act as if...
There's a difference between acting as if and fake it until you make it.
If you fake it, you might not make it.
Keep Stepping, Stick with the winners and don't use no matter what,
If you do this N.A. will give you a gift
and that gift is called a choice
and that choice is, that just for today you NEVER have to use again.
What a gift!!!!!!
BUT
YOU can only keep what you have by giving it away.
If your not giving it away, then your STEALING.
If you steal, you lose.
Are you giving? or Are you stealing?
Please share with us in the group.
Thanks for letting me share.
Stay in the Light,
In loving service,
Scott H. from N.Y. ~ cleandate 10/27/88

The weekly meeting topic is:
Each month we will share on a step and
spiritual principles of the step.
Since it is March, PLEASE share on the 3rd step
Or if you haven’t done the 3rd step share on
Willingness, Faith and Surrender....

This is a DIFFERENT Yahoo Club you MUST join this club in order to
participate otherwise your emails will bounce

to share please visit
or email

A Safe Place to Share , Discover and Recover.
This is a SLAMMING, STRONG support group with
a whole lot of EXPERIENCE, LOVE and HOPE that is available to you.
This a message bulletin board meeting, where people post on the
weekly topic. It takes only 1 minute to enter a password and
username. Please go this page on the upper right hand corner and click
the join club link, sign in and go to the left hand side and click
messages to read what others have shared and click on the post link,
now you can share on the topic of the week or whatever you would like.
There is a lot of good experience, strength and hope in here as well
as newcomers who need our support and love, PLEASE stop by,
we will leave the light on in the room and there is coffee in the back :)
Thanks for your participation and support !!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Please Be There For The Newcomers*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

March 1
Today I will feel good about myself
and accept myself just the way I am.
I am open and ready to discover
all the miracles of this day.
written by ~ Ruth Fishel
"Time for Joy"
Check out Ruth's collection of
light, nourishing and nurturing Books and CD's
& some touching inspirational SPIRITLIFTER messages by email
http://www.ruthfishel.com/Books_and_CDs.html
for inspirational messages email

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Just for Today*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I have some poetry that my mother wrote in her sobriety
and would like to share with you to share with others.
She died in 1999, her sobriety date was 8-7-75
(I sobered up 8-5-81, we got to share this program.
Her name is Fiji Bogle.

Fiji wrote a letter to my brother who killed himself in
November of 81, it may help those who think they can
keep coming back, this was truly a lesson in this is a
program who want it, not for people who need it as
I sobered up in August of 81.  Mary Y.

A Letter To My Son

Terry, I understood how you felt but I didn't get to share.
It was hard for you to listen because you thought I didn't care.
I have wanted to make this amend so many times before.
But each time I tried, you always cut me off, so I wasn't sure.
Then when you died from alcoholism, the killer disease, my chance
was gone to personally say, "Forgive me, please."
Forgive me son for not being the mother I should have been.
This is no excuse, but it was the best I could do back then.
It's very hard to say these things even though your not here.
I always seemed to pick on "you" out of anger and fear.
I wanted you to be perfect, because you reminded me of your dad.
Today I know that wasn't true, it was all the defects I had.
It was me I didn't like, so I abused and took it out on you.
You were so much like me, very defiant and crying for attention too.
I really didn't know this until I came to A.A. and started to grow.
I'd discuss you in meetings, they told me if you love him, let him go.
That was hard for me to do because I know what's best.
I did start listen, so I just loved you and let God do the rest.
That's why I kept saying I can't help you everytime you would call.
They said to let you hit bottom, so I let go to let you have your fall.
I certainly didn't have any idea it would happen this way.
It probably would have happened no matter what I had to say.
I have been told by many to not let your death to go in vain.
To share it with others, so some insight they may gain.
To show them how deadly drugs and booze can really be.
It has nothing to do with weakness or will power, it's a deadly disease.
So you see my son, you are doing some good and helping others today.
Though the day you expired you probably couldn't see it that way.
Terry, I do love you and I wanted you to have this way of life.
It didn't happen, and I'm still not the best, but I do try to strive.
I do have the program to help overcome what happened to you.
If I don't work these steps, the same thing will happen to me too.
That's the reason I write this even after your death, to you,
I owe an amend
and this is the only way for me to bring all my guilt to an end.
I know God forgives me and I forgive me too, it's the only way.
I love you and I know if you were living, that's what you would say.
I know you are at peace now and that you hurt no more.
I am at ease myself because your with God, of that I'm sure.

Love you,  Mom

If you would like to put it in your 12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit
daily e-mails, I would be honored for her.

Mary Y.
8-5-81

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Don't Use*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If anyone has any original recovery poetry that they
would like to share with us please copy and paste it into the body
of an email and send it to me, Thanks for your support and contributions.
What I can't do alone, We do together.
In loving service, Scott ~  YOUn...@gmail.com

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Make A Meeting*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just For Today
March 1                                            Anxiety Attack?

"The Power that brought us to this program is still with us and will
continue to guide us if we allow it."     Basic Text, p. 26

 Ever had a panic attack? Everywhere we turn, life's demands
overwhelm us. We're paralyzed, and we don't know what to do about it.
How do we break an anxiety attack?

 First, we stop. We can't deal with everything at once, so we stop for a
moment to let things settle. Then we take a "spot inventory" of the
things that are bothering us. We examine each item, asking ourselves
this question: "How important is it, really?" In most cases, we'll find
that most of our fears and concerns don't need our immediate attention.
We can put those aside, and focus on the issues that really need to be
resolved right away. Then we stop again and ask ourselves, "Who's in
control here, anyway?" This helps remind us that our Higher Power is in
control. We seek our Higher Power's will for the situation, whatever it
is. We can do this in any number of ways: through prayer, talks with our
sponsor or NA friends, or by attending a meeting and asking others to
share their experience. When our Higher Power's will becomes clear to
us, we pray for the ability to carry it out. Finally, we take action.

 Anxiety attacks need not paralyze us. We can utilize the resources of
the NA program to deal with anything that comes our way.

Just for today: My Higher Power has not brought me all this way in
recovery only to abandon me! When anxiety strikes, I will take specific
steps to seek God's continuing care and guidance.

Just For Today Daily Meditation is the property of Narcotics Anonymous ©
1991 by World Service Office Inc.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Get Involved In Service*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you are enjoying this daily recovery email,
Please pass on 12 Step Soul Food For The Spirit to your online friends,
"We can only keep what we have by giving it away."
If you have received this as a forward
and  would like to subscribe please email
Thanks, In loving service, Scott :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Get A Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Food For Thought Meditation

Each Day a New Beginning (Women) Meditation

Touchtones (Men) Meditation

Meditation of the Day

Viking Thought of the Day

Elder's Meditation of the Day

Sober Thought of the Day

Daily Zen

Grapevine Story Today

Daily Motivator

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Use Your Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm Not Different

In the beginning, it was four whole years before A.A.  brought permanent
sobriety to even one alcoholic woman.  Like the "high bottoms, " the women
said they were different;  .  .  .  The Skid-Rower said he was different
.  .  .  so did the artists and the professional people, the rich, the
poor, the religious, the agnostic, the Indians and the Eskimos, the
veterans, and the prisoners.  .  .  .  nowadays all of these, and legions
more, soberly talk about how very much alike all of us alcoholics are when
we admit that the chips are finally down.
AS BILL SEES IT, p.  24

I cannot consider myself "different" in A.A.; if I do I isolate myself from
others and from contact with my Higher Power.  If I feel isolated in A.A.,
it is not something for which others are responsible.  It is something I've
created by feeling I'm "different" in some way.  Today I practice being
just another alcoholic in the worldwide Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.
Daily Reflection In Loving Memory Of Scott Reeves

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Be A Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Twenty-Four Hours A Day by Hazelden/ March 1st

A.A. Thought for the Day

When I find myself thinking about taking a drink,
I say to myself.  "Don't reach out and take that
problem back.  You've given it to God and there's
nothing you can do about it."  So I forget about
the drink.  One of the most important parts of
the A.A. program is to give our drink problem to
God honestly and fully and never to reach out and
take the problem back to ourselves.  If we let God
have it and keep it for good and then cooperate
with Him, we'll stay sober.  Have I determined not
to take the drink problem back to myself?

Meditation for the Day

Constant effort is necessary if I am to grow
spiritually and develop my spiritual life.  I must
keep the spiritual rules persistently, perseveringly,
lovingly, patiently, and hopefully.  By keeping them,
every mountain of difficulty shall be laid low, the
rough places of poverty of spirit shall be made
smooth, and all who know me shall know that God
is the Lord of all my ways.  To get close to the spirit
of God is to find life and healing and strength.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that God's spirit may be everything to my soul.
I pray that God's spirit may grow within me.

"Twenty-Four Hours A Day" is a © Copyrighted book of
Hazelden Foundation.  No portion of this publication may
be reproduced in any manner without the written
permission of Hazelden.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Work The Steps*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today's Thought
MARCH 01

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go.
Melody Beattie ©

Letting Go of Anger

In recovery, we often discuss anger objectively. Yes, we reason, its an
emotion were all prone to experience. Yes, the goal in recovery is to be
free of resentment and anger. Yes, its okay to feel angry, we agree. Well,
maybe. . ..

Anger is a powerful and sometimes frightening emotion. Its also a beneficial
one if its not allowed to harden into resentment or used as a battering ram
to punish or abuse people.

Anger is a warning signal. It points to problems. Sometimes, it signals
problems we need to solve. Sometimes, it points to boundaries we need to
set. Sometimes, its the final burst of energy before letting go, or
acceptance, settles in.

And, sometimes, anger just is. It doesnt have to be justified. It usually
cant be confined to a tidy package. And it need not cause us to stifle our
energy or ourselves.

We dont have to feel guilty whenever we expense anger. We dont have to feel
guilty.

Breathe deeply. We can shamelessly feel all our feelings, including anger,
and still take responsibility for our behaviors.

I will feel and release any angry feelings I have today. I can do that
appropriately and safely

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved. No portion of this
publication may be reproduced in any manner without the written permission
of the publisher.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*You Are A Miracle*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

SpiritHaven and SpiritLifter

Alan Cohen

Marianne Williamson ~ 'Return to Love'

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Don Miguel Ruiz ~ 'The Four Agreements'

Oriah ~ 'The Invitation'

Deepak Chopra

Louise Hay ~ 'You Can Heal Your Life'

Spirit Site~ Home for Spirituality excerpts from books

Heal Your Life~ 'You Can'

Of Spirit ~ 'Healing Body Mind and Spirit'

In Light Times ~ 'Concepts for Conscious Living'

Vision Magazine ~ 'Catalyst for Conscious Living'

Transformation Magazine ~ 'Your Resource for Personal Development'

World Forgiveness Alliance

The Association for Global New Thought

A Course In Miracles

Finding Joy

Inspirational movie, about 3 minutes long

Inspirational Spiritual Flash Movies

Meditation Rooms

Native American 10 Commandments

The Secret

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep It Simple*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

How To Change
by Louise L. Hay

"I cross bridges with joy and with ease."

I love "how to's." All the theory in the world is useless unless we know how
to apply it and make a change. I have always been a very pragmatic,
practical person with a great need to know how to do things.

The principles we will be working with at this time are:

 a.. Nurturing the willingness to let go

 b.. Controlling the mind, and

 c.. Learning how forgiveness of self and others releases us.

Releasing the Need
Sometimes when we try to release a pattern, the whole situation seems to get
worse for a while. This is not a bad thing. It is a sign that the situation
is beginning to move. Our affirmations are working, and we need to keep
going.

Examples:

 a.. We are working on increasing prosperity, and we lose our wallet.

 b.. We are working on improving our relationships, and we have a fight.

 c.. We are working on becoming healthy, and we catch a cold.

 d.. We are working on expressing our creative talents and abilities, and
we get fired.

Sometimes the problem moves in a different direction, and we begin to see
and understand more. For example, let's assume you are trying to give up
smoking and you are saying,  "I am willing to release the need for
cigarettes."

As you continue to do this, you notice your relationships becoming more
uncomfortable. Don't despair, this is a sign of the process working.

You might ask yourself a series of questions like: Am I willing to give up
uncomfortable relationships? Were my cigarettes creating a smoke screen so I
wouldn't see how uncomfortable these relationships are? Why am I creating
these relationships?

You notice the cigarettes are only a symptom and not a cause. Now you are
developing insight and understanding that will set you free.

You begin to say, "I am willing to release the need for uncomfortable
relationships."

Then you notice the reason you're so uncomfortable is that other people
always seem to be criticizing you.

Being aware that we always create all of our experiences, you now begin to
say, "I am willing to release the need to be criticized."

You then think about criticism, and you realize that as a child you received
a lot of criticism. That little kid inside of you only feels at home when it
is being criticized. Your way of hiding from this had been to create a
"smoke screen".

Perhaps you see the next step as affirming, "I am willing to forgive..."

As you continue to do your affirmations, you may find that cigarettes no
longer attract you, and the people in your life no longer criticize you.
Then you know you have released your need.

This usually takes a little while to work out. If you are gently persistent
and are willing to give yourself a few quiet moments each day to reflect on
your process of change, you will get the answers. The Intelligence within
you is the same Intelligence that created this entire planet. Trust your
Inner Guidance to reveal to you whatever it is you need to know.

Exercise: Releasing the Need
 In a workshop situation, I would have you do this exercise with a partner.
However, you can do it equally as well using a mirror, a big one, if
possible.

 Think for a moment about something in your life you want to change. Go to
the mirror and look into your eyes and say out loud, "I now realize that I
have created this condition, and I am now willing to release the pattern in
my consciousness that is responsible for this condition." Say it several
times, with feeling.

 If you were with a partner, I would have your partner tell you if he
really thought you meant it. I would want you to convince your partner. Ask
yourself if you really mean it. Convince yourself in the mirror that this
time you are ready to step out of the bondage of the past.

 At this point many people get scared because they don't know HOW to do
this releasing. They are afraid to commit themselves until they know all the
answers. It's only more resistance. Just pass through it. One of the great
things is that we do not have to know how. All we need is to be willing. The
Universal Intelligence or your subconscious mind will figure out the hows.
Every thought you think and every word you speak is being responded to, and
the point of power is in this moment. The thoughts you are thinking and the
words you are declaring at this moment are creating your future.

Your Mind Is a Tool
You are much more than your mind. You may think that your mind is running
the show, but that is only because you have trained your mind to think in
this way. You can also untrain and retrain this tool of yours.

Your mind is a tool for you to use in any way you wish. The way you now use
your mind is only a habit, and habits, any habits, can be changed if we want
to do so, or even if we only know it is possible to do so.

Quiet the chatter of your mind for a moment, and really think about this
concept:
YOUR MIND IS A TOOL YOU CAN CHOOSE TO USE ANY WAY YOU WISH.

The thoughts you "choose" to think create the experiences you have. If you
believe that it is hard or difficult to change a habit or a thought, then
your choice of this thought will make it true for you. If you would choose
to think, "It is becoming easier for me to make changes", then your choice
of this thought will make that true for you.

Controlling the Mind
There is an incredible power and intelligence within you that is constantly
responding to your thoughts and words. As you learn to control your mind by
the conscious choice of thoughts, you align yourself with this power.

Do not think that your mind is in control. You are in control of your mind.
You use your mind. You can stop thinking those old thoughts.

When your old thinking tries to come back and say, "It's so hard to change,"
take mental control. Say to your mind, "I now choose to believe it is
becoming easier for me to make changes." You may have to have this
conversation with your mind several times for it to acknowledge that you are
in control and that what you say goes.

The Only Thing You Ever Have Any Control of Is Your Current Thought
Your old thoughts are gone; there is nothing you can do about them except
live out the experiences they caused. Your current thought, the one you are
thinking right now, is totally under your control.

Example:
If you have a little child who has been allowed to stay up as late as she
wishes for a long time, and then you make a decision that you now want this
child to go to bed at 8:00 every night, what do you think the first night
will be like?

The child will rebel against this new rule and may kick and scream and do
her best to stay out of bed. If you relent at this time, the child wins and
will try to control you forever.

However, if you calmly stick to your decision and firmly insist that this is
the new bedtime, the rebellion will lessen. In two or three nights, the new
routine will be established.

It is the same thing with your mind. Of course it will rebel at first. It
does not want to be retrained. But you are in control, and if you stay
focused and firm, in a very short time the new way of thinking will be
established. And you will feel so good to realize that you are not a
helpless victim of your own thoughts, but rather a master of your own mind.

Exercise: Letting Go
 As you read this, take a deep breath, and as you exhale, allow all the
tension to leave your body. Let your scalp and your forehead and your face
relax. Your head does not need to be tense in order for you to read. Let
your tongue and your throat and your shoulders relax. You can hold a book
with relaxed arms and hands. Do that now. Let your back and your abdomen and
your pelvis relax. Let your breathing be at peace as you relax your legs and
feet.

 Is there a big change in your body since you began the previous paragraph?
Notice how much you hold on. If you are doing it with your body, then you
are doing it with your mind.

 In this relaxed, comfortable position, say to yourself, "I am willing to
let go. I release. I let go. I release all tension. I release all fear. I
release all anger. I release all guilt. I release all sadness. I let go of
all old limitations. I let go, and I am at peace. I am at peace with myself.
I am at peace with the process of life. I am safe."

Go over this exercise two or three times. Feel the ease of letting go.
Repeat it whenever you feel thoughts of difficulty coming up. It takes a
little practice for the routine to become a part of you.

When you put yourself into this peaceful state first, it becomes easy for
your affirmations to take hold. You become open and receptive to them. There
is no need to struggle or stress or strain. Just relax and think the
appropriate thoughts. Yes, it is this easy.

Physical Releasing
Sometimes we need to experience a physical letting go. Experiences and
emotions can get locked in the body. Screaming in the car with all the
windows rolled up can be very releasing if we have been stifling our verbal
expression. Beating the bed or kicking pillows is a harmless way to release
pent-up anger, as is playing tennis or running.

Awhile ago, I had a pain in my shoulder for a day or two. I tried to ignore
it, but it wouldn't go away. Finally, I sat down and asked myself, "What is
happening here? What am I feeling?"

I realized, "It feels like burning. Burning... burning... that means anger.
What are you angry about?"

I couldn't think of what I was angry about, so I said, "Well, let's see if
we can find out." I put two large pillows on the bed and began to hit them
with a lot of energy.

After about twelve hits, I realized exactly what I was angry about. It was
so clear. So I beat the pillows even harder and made some noise and released
the emotions from my body. When I got through, I felt much better, and the
next day my shoulder was fine.

About The Author:
Excerpted with permission from You Can Heal Your Life, ©1999 by Louise L.
Hay, metaphysical teacher and bestselling author of over 20 books including
"Heal Your Body" and "Empowering Women". Her works have been translated into
25 different languages in 33 countries. Published by Hay House, P.O. Box
5100, Carlsbad, CA 92018. 800-654-5126. Visit their website at

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One Day At A Time*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Defining Grace

  "How do you define God's Grace?  Can you even describe
it adequately so that I can understand your understanding of
it?  It is not a very easy thing to do.  And you have to wonder
why that is.  When I think of God's Grace, what comes to
my mind is the scripture quote that starts off like this...
'God so loved the world that He gave...."  God so loved the
world that He gave...  that He gave... that He gave me my life.
That He gave me the breath that fills my lungs.  That He gave
me my rising up this morning.  That He gave me all the events
of this day.  That He gave me the love and support of friends
and family.  That He gave me everything I am and everything
I have and everyone in my life.  That He gave and gave and
gave unendingly to me and still does.  And why?  Because He
expects me to return the favor?  Because He wants me in His
debt?  Because it's His ace in the hole?  No, He gave just
because ~ just because He loves me, and for no other reason.
God's Grace looks like this to me ~ the unending givingness
of my Lord who loves me just because I am.

 You know, I am reminded of the movie, The Best There Is.
In the most memorable scene for me, Jack Nicholson tells
Helen Hunt, "You make me want to be a better man."  I can
never forget that line.  The romantic in me, of course, just
hooks into the beauty of a man saying that a woman, just by
virtue of who she is, makes him want to be a better man.  And
I like to use it as a metaphor for God's Grace here.  God, just
by virtue of His presence in my life, makes me want to be a
better person.  That is what effect God's Grace has on me.
And so it is!"

Virginia Santoro © 2001

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*First Things First*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

the triangle in the circle

eyes peer out the window of my soul,
people  places and things remind me
of the distance that is crawling back
calling me to the reckless defects of before.
a lost lifetime being unreal,
not being able to feel emotion,
never seeing life behind hate.
my mind is racing faster than my blood
and the scatterbrain of fear returns.
euphoria recalls the restless cravings
that stir up visceral tensions to a knot
and flail itself upon the intrinsic evil
defining the core of my bitter half.
remembrance of numbness
and escape the pain of self
seem imminent of this past facade.
it’s time to do face to face again,
and hear the voice of freedom.
awareness awakens the weak
cleansing this conflict of madness
and the once mighty disease falters.
i become free again
by joining with spirits from
the triangle in the circle.
sharing my experience, strength and hope,
and telling on my powerful, cunning and baffling foe.

peace,
Frank  ©

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Easy Does It*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Welcome To The Fellowship

Welcome to the fellowship
Here take this chair
When you walked through our doors
We'll show you that we care
We will love you
Until you can love yourself
Put the plug in the jug
Keep the drugs on the shelf
All you need is a desire to stop
That's all it takes
To join our way
We'll share our program
Show you how to live in today
You will never again be lonely
Unless you choose
As long as you don't pick up
You'll never lose
We will teach you
How to work the steps
One by one
We will teach you
That in sobriety
You can have fun
Surrender to win
Is a good place to begin
First you have to clean up the past
In here no one is first
And no one is last
We have a way that is simple
But not easy you see
Rest assured we'll teach you
How to live free
In here we know
How you feel inside
Because we have been
Where your at
But no longer hide
Welcome to the fellowship
Of pure love
This program was given to us
By God above
Have some coffee
Sit right down
We are so happy
That you have come around
We'll show you how we
Make our way
Then you can be blessed
Yourself
As you give it away
Welcome to the fellowship

Daniel M Corkery
1/6/2001
DMCDREAMER's Page of Poetry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Live And Let Live*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I treat myself with unconditional love.
I feel my heart opening, and
I know that there is room in there for me.
Louise L. Hay

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep The Focus On You*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you ever expect to be loved, you must reveal who you are.
Leo Buscaglia

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Let God and Let Go*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It's like God is saying, 'I place before you a day.
Create with it what you will out of your mind.
It is my gift to you.'
Alan Cohen

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Directions to NA:
Just go straight to hell and make a U-turn

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come To*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

NA is the only place where you can
walk into a  room full of strangers and reminisce.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come To Believe*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I just want to be one of the few,
who reach out to the many who need it.
Mark Kostew

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Look For The Beauty*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I put my hand in yours and
what I can't do alone,
we can do together.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Today Is A Gift*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We may not have it all together,
but together we can have it all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep Stepping*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In these meetings,
there are no strangers,
only friends we haven't met.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Stay In The Light*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you don't stand for something,
you will fall for anything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Take A Moment To GIVE (NO COST)*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

FREE Click to GIVE @ to STOP Violence Against Women
FREE Click to GIVE Rice
FREE Click to GIVE @ the STOP HIV SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Hunger SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Breast Cancer SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Rain Forest SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Animal Rescue SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Children in Need
FREE Click to GIVE @ to Save Our Oceans

Track Your Impact in GIVING

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One Promise, Many Gifts*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

Adult Children of Alcoholics

Al-Anon/Alateen

Alcoholics Anonymous

Alcoholics Anonymous Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Artists Recovering through the Twelve Steps

Clutterer’s Anonymous

Cocaine Anonymous World Services

Co-Dependents Anonymous Home Page

Crystal Meth Anonymous

Criminal and Gangs Anonymous

Debtors Anonymous: A Twelve Step Fellowship for…

Depressed Anonymous

Dual Recovery Anonymous - a 12 Step program

Eating Disorders Anonymous

Emotions Anonymous

Families Anonymous

Food Addicts

Gamblers Anonymous Official Home Page

Hepatitis C Anonymous

HIV Anonymous

Internet and Tech Addiction Anonymous

Marijuana Anonymous

Methadone Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous Official  Homepage

Nar-Anon is a family support group

Nicotine Anonymous (WWW Home Page) NA Home Page

On Line Gamers Anonymous

Overeaters Anonymous

Parents Anonymous

Recovering Couples Anonymous

Sexaholics Anonymous

Sex Addicts Anonymous

Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous

Shoplifters Anonymous

Spenders Anonymous

Survivors Of Incest Anonymous

Workaholics Anonymous

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*@¿@*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Created in 1997 , "12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit" is intended to give readers , inspiring and thoughtful messages. To help fulfill our primary purpose which is to carry the message to the alcoholic/addict who still suffers. A spiritual adventure, a journey inwards this has a vision of opening and touching, each and everyone, with the Loving Power and Presence of the Spirit within." We invite you to share the writings by forwarding today's message to others. Share "12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit" with friends and loved ones: Please keep passing this along to online recovery friends  "We can only keep what we have by giving it away."

12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit does not endorse any of the advertisements that may appear in this daily mailing. Advertising is the price that we pay for a free list server that yahoo groups and google groups provides.

Putting together these Daily Recovery Emails has been such a blessing for me, Thanks for your support and contributions, "What I can't do alone we can do together." If you have any original poetry or submissions that you would like to send to me you can email me at
YOUn...@gmail.com

Anyone can subscribe to this free daily  e-zine by sending an Email message to me and write subscribe in the subject line.

Under Bill s.1618 TITLE III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this letter cannot be considered spam as long as the following words are included:

To unsubscribe to to this list send an Email message to the group that you belong to
or
YOUn...@gmail.com and write unsubscribe in the subject line or go to the website and unsubscribe

By the grace of God and through your efforts of passing on this email, we are reaching many recovering people in different areas of the world. If you are receiving this, from a country outside of the USA please send me an email and tell me where you are receiving this. So far we reaching over 17,000 recovering people in 66 countries including Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada , Columbia, Costa Rica, China , Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Guatemala, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Mali West Africa, Mozambique, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia , Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa , Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, U.S.A., Venezuela, Wales, West Indies, Zimbabwe.

Even if your country is listed please email me, and let me know where you are from

When we hug we pray,
Stay in the Light,
In loving service,
Scott H. from N.Y. ~ cleandate 10/27/88