2/27/16 "Have You Ever?" ~12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit

younmenhp

Feb 28, 2016, 9:26:07 AM2/28/16
to 12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit, Twelve Step Soul Food for the Spirit, 12-Step-Soul-Food-for-the-Spirit
Clean Laundry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*LAUGHTER Is HEALING*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The weekly meeting topic is:
When was the last time one of your dreams came true?
What was it, and how did it happen?
Did you make it happen, or did it happen to you or for you?

This is a DIFFERENT Yahoo Club you MUST join this club in order to
participate otherwise your emails will bounce

to share please visit
or email

A Safe Place to Share , Discover and Recover.
This is a SLAMMING, STRONG support group with
a whole lot of EXPERIENCE, LOVE and HOPE that is available to you.
This a message bulletin board meeting, where people post on the
weekly topic. It takes only 1 minute to enter a password and
username. Please go this page on the upper right hand corner and click
the join club link, sign in and go to the left hand side and click
messages to read what others have shared and click on the post link,
now you can share on the topic of the week or whatever you would like.
There is a lot of good experience, strength and hope in here as well
as newcomers who need our support and love, PLEASE stop by,
we will leave the light on in the room and there is coffee in the back :)
Thanks for your participation and support !!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Please Be There For The Newcomers*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

February 27
Today I will trust myself
when something does not feel smooth and flowing.
I will begin to look around for alternatives
for anything that feels rough and irritating.
written by ~ Ruth Fishel
"Time for Joy"
Check out Ruth's collection of
light, nourishing and nurturing Books and CD's
& some touching inspirational SPIRITLIFTER messages by email
http://www.ruthfishel.com/Books_and_CDs.html
for inspirational messages email

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Just for Today*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Have You Ever?

Have you ever wanted to jump and shout
Yelling to all who suffer
This way out
Have you ever prayed for peace
But could find none
Working hard everyday
To find your never done
Have you ever worked
The program from A to Z
Boastful and proud
You say look at me
I had no idea
How far I was
From being right
Yet I was blind
I had lost my sight
Have you ever wondered
Does it really matter at all
We are on this journey
Because we heard the call
Have you ever wondered
How this program works
It works very well thank you
When your honest and open
Willing to
Have you ever wondered
Why you are right where
Your supposed to be
Something's really baffle me
You did not get here over night
No one expects you to always be right
It is going to take time
For you to get well
So give it your best
And
You'll be doing swell
Have you ever wondered
This or that
Pray to God
That you
Accept
Just
Where
Your at

Daniel M Corkery
1/2/2001
DMCDREAMER's Page of Poetry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Don't Use*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If anyone has any original recovery poetry that they
would like to share with us please copy and paste it into the body
of an email and send it to me, Thanks for your support and contributions.
What I can't do alone, We do together.
In loving service, Scott ~   YOUn...@gmail.com

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Make A Meeting*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just For Today
February                                                Pure Motives

"We examine our actions, reactions, and motives. We often find that
we've been doing better than we've been feeling."    Basic Text, p. 42

 Imagine a daily meditation book with this kind of message: "When you
wake up in the morning, before you rise from your bed, take a moment
for reflection. Lie back, gather your thoughts, and consider your plans
for the day. One by one, review the motives behind those plans. If your
motives are not entirely pure, roll over and go back to sleep:' Nonsense,
isn't it?

 No matter how long we've been clean, almost all of us have mixed
motives behind almost everything we do. However, that's no reason to
put our lives on hold. We don't have to wait for our motives to become
perfectly pure before we can start living our recovery.

 As the program works its way into our lives, we begin acting less
frequently on our more questionable motives. We regularly examine
ourselves, and we talk with our sponsor about what we find. We pray
for knowledge of our Higher Power's will for us, and we seek the power
to act on the knowledge we're given. The result? We don't get perfect,
but we do get better.

 We've begun working a spiritual program. We won't ever become
spiritual giants. But if we look at ourselves realistically, we'll probably
realize that we've been doing better than we've been feeling.

Just for today: I will examine myself realistically. I will seek the
power to act on my best motives, and not to act on my worst.

Just For Today Daily Meditation is the property of Narcotics Anonymous ©
1991 by World Service Office Inc.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Get Involved In Service*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you are enjoying this daily recovery email,
Please pass on 12 Step Soul Food For The Spirit to your online friends,
"We can only keep what we have by giving it away."
If you have received this as a forward
and  would like to subscribe please email
Thanks, In loving service, Scott :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Get A Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Food For Thought Meditation

Each Day a New Beginning (Women) Meditation

Touchtones (Men) Meditation

Meditation of the Day

Viking Thought of the Day

Elder's Meditation of the Day

Sober Thought of the Day

Daily Zen

Grapevine Story Today

Daily Motivator

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Use Your Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Love In Their Eyes

Some of us won't believe in God, others can't, and still others who do
believe that God exists have no faith whatever He will perform this miracle.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p.  25

It was the changes I saw in the new people who came into the Fellowship
that helped me lose my fear, and change my negative attitude to a positive
one.  I could see the love in their eyes and I was impressed by how much
their "One Day at a Time" sobriety meant to them.  They had looked squarely
at Step Two and came to believe that a power greater than themselves was
restoring them to sanity.  That gave me faith in the Fellowship, and hope
that it could work for me too.  I found that God was a loving God, not that
punishing God I feared before coming to A.A.  I also found that He had been
with me during all those times I had been in trouble before I came to
A.A.  I know today that He was the one who led me to A.A. and that I am a
miracle.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.
Daily Reflection In Loving Memory Of Scott Reeves

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Be A Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Twenty-Four Hours A Day by Hazelden/ February 27th

A.A. Thought for the Day

When we came into A.A., the first thing we did
was to admit that we couldn't do anything about
our drinking.  We admitted that alcohol had us
licked and that we were helpless against it.
We never could decide whether or not to take
a drink.  We always took the drink.  And since
we couldn't do anything about it ourselves, we
put our whole drink problem into the hands of
God.  We turned the whole thing over to that
Power greater than ourselves.  And we have
nothing more to do about it, except to trust God
to take care of the problem for us.  Have I done
this honestly and fully?

Meditation for the Day

This is the time for my spirit to touch the spirit
of God.  I know that the feeling of the spirit-touch
is more important than all the sensations of
material things.  I must seek a silence of spirit-touching
with God.  Just a moment's contact and all the fever
of life leaves me.  Then I am, well, whole, calm, and
able to rise and minister to others.  God's touch is
a potent healer.  I must feel that touch and sense
God's presence.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that the fever of resentment, worry, and
fear may melt into nothingness.  I pray that health,
joy, peace, and serenity may take its place.

"Twenty-Four Hours A Day" is a © Copyrighted book of
Hazelden Foundation.  No portion of this publication may
be reproduced in any manner without the written
permission of Hazelden.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Work The Steps*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today's Thought
FEBRUARY 27

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go.
Melody Beattie ©

People Pleasers

Have you ever been around people pleasers? They tend to be displeasing.
Being around someone who is turned inside out to please another is often
irritating and anxiety producing.

People-pleasing is a behavior we may have adapted to survive in our family.
We may not have been able to get the love and attention we deserved. We may
not have been given permission to please ourselves, to trust ourselves, and
to choose a course of action that demonstrated self-trust.

People pleasing can be overt or covert. We may run around fussing over
others, chattering a mile a minute when what we are really saying is, "I
hope I'm pleasing you." Or, we may be more covert, quietly going through
life making important decisions based on pleasing others.

Taking other people's wants and needs into consideration is an important
part of our relationships. We have responsibilities to friends and family
and employers. We have a strong inner responsibility to be loving and
caring. But, people pleasing backfires. Not only do others get annoyed with
us, we often get annoyed when our efforts to please do not work as we
planned. The most comfortable people to be around are those who are
considerate of others but ultimately please themselves.

Help me, God, work through my fears and begin to please myself.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved. No portion of this
publication may be reproduced in any manner without the written permission
of the publisher.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*You Are A Miracle*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

SpiritHaven and SpiritLifter

Alan Cohen

Marianne Williamson ~ 'Return to Love'

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Don Miguel Ruiz ~ 'The Four Agreements'

Oriah ~ 'The Invitation'

Deepak Chopra

Louise Hay ~ 'You Can Heal Your Life'

Spirit Site~ Home for Spirituality excerpts from books

Heal Your Life~ 'You Can'

Of Spirit ~ 'Healing Body Mind and Spirit'

In Light Times ~ 'Concepts for Conscious Living'

Vision Magazine ~ 'Catalyst for Conscious Living'

Transformation Magazine ~ 'Your Resource for Personal Development'

World Forgiveness Alliance

The Association for Global New Thought

A Course In Miracles

Finding Joy

Inspirational movie, about 3 minutes long

Inspirational Spiritual Flash Movies

Meditation Rooms

Native American 10 Commandments

The Secret

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep It Simple*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Taking Sides?

by Marie T. Russell

Whenever there's an argument or a controversy, it seems that we
automatically take sides. Let's face it, even as far back as the story of
Adam and Eve, humans were taking sides. In some ways, every time we make a
choice we are taking sides. If you choose to be a vegetarian, some people
might see that as being "against" meat (and thus meat-eaters). If you choose
to be a non-smoker, then you may have a tendency to be "against" smoking
(and have a lot of anger towards smoking in your presence).

It seems that we see things as black and white; this against that; good
against evil; mine against yours, us against them, etc. Nowhere is this more
prevalent today than in the situation in the Middle East.

War. Such a short word, not even a four-letter word, but a thousand times
more powerful. A million times more hurtful than any four-letter word you
might throw at someone.

War. It's been going on for millennia. In university, my minor was history.
And I recall most specifically one course that was entitled "The History of
Human Conflict". The main thing I remember is coming to a realization that
war was not a current situation, or even a new one. It had been going on
since the beginning of recorded history (and of course, before that). I
remember asking myself, as many people do, When will we ever learn?

I used to blame wars on greedy, power-hungry people (or rulers). But then,
it is always easy to blame and say that it's "somebody else's fault".
Perhaps we need to look deeper in people's psyche to see where war really
resides.

What is war anyway? One of Webster's definitions is "any active hostility".
Hum. Any active hostility. So if I am angry (hostile) about someone blowing
cigarette smoke in my face, then I'm at war. If I take sides in a conflict,
and have "an attitude" towards the other group, I'm at war. Why even in
sports when we shout degrading remarks to the other team (or the referee)
and we are being "actively hostile", we are at war.

I've been receiving a lot of forwarded email about the war in the Middle
East. most of it taking sides. The writers are either giving reasons why
Israelis are "right" in fighting the Palestinians, or giving reasons why
Palestinians are in the "right". And as in any situation, there are always
two sides to every story. As far as I'm concerned, both "sides" are right
and both are wrong.

But the reality of it is that while anyone is considering who's right and
who's wrong, there's no chance of any peace. While we're busy trying to
figure out whose "side" we should be on, we still are engaging in an "us
against them" scenario, also known as war.

The only solution to any conflict, including the one in the Middle East, is
to start looking at a situation from the perspective of peace, love, and
balance. Every human being has the right to live in peace and in harmony
with their neighbors. Maybe if we were not so concerned about taking sides,
about who's right, about who's wrong, and more concerned about healing the
wounds on all sides, then we could get a peaceful resolution.

Whose side am I on? I'm on the side of life. I'm on the side of love,
respect, harmony, and peace. I'm on the side of equal opportunities for
all -- equal right to have a roof over our head, equal right to be alive,
equal right to have a corner of earth where we can plant lettuce and
flowers.

When the astronauts saw the earth from outer space, they did not see lines
demarcating where one country started and another ended. There are no
borders between countries other than those made up by man. There is no
difference in the color of our blood, whether we are Chinese, Caucasian,
Black, or whatever. We all have a heart beating in our body, and that heart
is pumping blood that is the same color. We all have the same mechanical
make-up: brain, eyes, nose, ears, heart, lungs, liver, etc. We are all
"related".

We need to stop putting up barriers between countries and peoples. So what
if you're brown, and someone else is yellow, and someone else is white? Do
we segregate according to hair color, shoe size, and height? Why is skin
color such a big thing? Why is genetic inheritance such a dividing factor?
Most of us, if we traced our genealogy far back enough, might be surprised
at the mixture that is found in our veins (and that's without knowing what
sometimes took place behind the woodsheds).

When I lived in Jamaica, I remember that people used to refer to me as "the
white lady", and my reply was usually, "I'm not white. I'm light brown." (I
had a good tan at the time.) And I'd show them a piece of clothing that was
white and say "Now, that's white. Am I that color?" Granted, they were
probably referring to my "financial" color. My skin color identified me as
coming from a country that was "richer" than they were. Yet, what does skin
color really show? Many people are "white" but are poor; many Arabs are not
Palestinians, or not terrorists for that matter.

When I traveled in Israel, I remember having difficulty telling apart the
Israelis that were originally from Mediterranean countries and the Arabs
living in Israel. To me, they looked the same. They all had Mediterranean or
Middle-Eastern facial features. They could have been cousins. And, if you go
back to your bible, then you see that they are distant cousins, since
they're actually all descendants of Abraham. It's a family feud that goes on
and on, and no one remembers what started it. It has been going on and on
out of habit and handed-down prejudices.

There is some new scientific research that shows that all modern humans are
descended from one woman. and that woman was from the continent of Africa.
(Discovery Channel, April 21st, 2002) How's that for throwing a monkey
wrench in the "us against them" viewpoints of a whole bunch of people. Not
only are we all related, but we're all descended from an African woman.

Even if you're not willing to accept that we are all share the same genetic
make-up, you must agree that we are all human. We are all inhabitants of the
same planet, and if we keep blowing each other up, killing each other and
other species, we're going to end up with a dead planet with no live
inhabitants.

Let's recognize our oneness, our common humanity, and start helping each
other rather than fighting each other and taking sides. If we all were
willing to work together at creating a better place to live for all, then
there would be no cause for war. If we can start moving away from the "us or
them", the "who's right and who's wrong" attitudes, then we can live as one
people on one planet.

I know, you're saying that's easy to say. Well, yes it is, so let's all
start saying it. Unless we start saying it to each other, to our
governmental representatives, to the people in other countries, then we
don't stand a chance. Every great invention started as an idea. World peace
also has to start with an idea, and it must be spread and spread until it
becomes the idea of the majority, and then can become reality.

Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., and Nelson Mandela also had ideas. They had
ideas about changing their current reality by nonviolence. They had an idea
that things could change and that change did not have to come about through
force, killing, and war. They had an idea that they shared and then other
people shared and it became reality. A Peace Rally in Tel Aviv, a few years
ago, was attended by one million people. That's 1/3 of the population of
Israel! Even in the midst of war, there is a cry for peace.

Michael Moore in his bestselling book "Stupid White Men" has a letter to
President Arafat where he suggests that the Palestinians simply lay down in
the streets in nonviolent protest -- that they stop going to work, that they
stop throwing bombs, that they stop everything. That they simply block the
streets with their bodies, effectively stopping all traffic, business, and
movement of war machines. As he mentions, it worked for Gandhi and the
Indian people, so it can work for the Palestinians, as well as for the
Israelis who are pro-peace.  Nonviolence is possible and it does get
results, results that we will feel better about than the results of war and
terrorism.

Rather than takes sides, we need to choose peace for all! Choose equal
rights for all. Choose food and shelter for all. No one owns the planet. No
one owns a country. If the planet decides to "take back" its territory, it
does so without concern as to who owns it. When a hurricane hits, or a
flood, or a tornado, or a drought, it does so without concern of whose
property it is, or whose country it is, or what language people are
speaking.

Maybe if we saw things more from the perspective of nature, we'd be in a lot
better situation today. Nature does not pick sides. It does not "prefer" one
individual, or even one species, over another. While "survival of the
fittest" has been a rule that we have attributed to nature, we forget to see
that collaboration is the greatest tool nature has. Bees make honey by
pollinating flowers, which then permits the flowers to make fruits and
seeds. Forest fires help release seeds for new growth. Fallen leaves make
compost for new trees and new plants to flourish. A fruit tree has an
abundance of fruits thus ensuring enough for people to eat as well as for
extras to fall, rot, sprout and create new trees, thus new fruit. Thus the
cycle of life and cooperation continues.

Nature is about cooperation and continuity. Nature does not pick sides: it
simply gives every plant a fair chance to life. The sun shines on everyone
regardless of their size, race, language, or opinions. Can we not do the
same? Forget our old quarrels, our old grievances, our old prejudices, and
start looking at everyone on earth as another person just like us. who
simply wants a chance to live in harmony and peace and with a fair chance at
happiness?

As John Lennon said "Let's give peace a chance." To do that we need to stop
taking sides and choose peace for all. Let's put our heads together and see
how we can create a win-win situation. There is no need to continue fighting
until things escalate to a point of no return. Let's give peace a chance.
Let's not take sides, except the side of humanity in general, of life for
all, of peace on earth.

"What the world needs now is love. not just for one, but for everyone." And
it starts with me, it starts with you. It starts in the heart and minds of
every single human being, one person at a time. It continues with your
conversations with your friends and neighbors. It grows by you contacting
your governmental representatives, by writing letters, by spreading the
vision. It gains power by our taking actions that contribute to peace both
in our close relationships and on the world stage.

Change can take place with our participation. First we have a vision, then
we take the actions to help that vision come true. Ask yourself what you can
do? It can be small, it can be big. Each person has their own "divine
purpose", their role to play. What can you do today to contribute to world
peace? End a feud with a co-worker or a relative? Learn to be at peace with
yourself? Write a letter or email to your governmental representatives
saying that you want a peaceful and fair resolution to war and that you want
to protect our environment and the planet? What else can you do? Talk to
your neighbors about your viewpoint. Send money to organizations that are
working for peace and to feed and educate the hungry. Start looking around
to how you can help.

The game of life goes on with each of us playing our part. There's are
things you can do. And you're the only one that knows in your heart what you
can do and what you're inspired to do. The ball's always in your court and
it's always your turn to play! Let's play ball!

About The Author
Marie T. Russell is the publisher of InnerSelf Magazine (first published in
1985 originally as Mighty Natural Magazine) and The Natural Yellow Pages
(1987-2002). She produced a weekly South Florida radio broadcast, Inner
Power, from 1991-1995 which focused on themes such as self-esteem, personal
growth, and well-being. Her articles focus on transformation and
reconnecting with our inner source of joy and creativity. Marie can be
reached at ma...@innerself.com with personal comments and feedback, or to be
placed on a mailing list to be advised when her book becomes available.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One Day At A Time*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"The majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this
world.  There will most likely be no tickertape parades for us, no monuments
created in our honor.  But that does not lessen our possible impact, for
there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along;
people who will appreciate our compassion, our encouragement, who will need
our unique talents.  Someone who will live a happier life merely because we
took the time to share what we had to give.  Too often we underestimate the
power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest
compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential
to turn a life around.  It's overwhelming to consider the continuous
opportunities there are to make our love felt."

Leo Buscaglia

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*First Things First*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A deeper bonding with one's spirit and with others
at an essence level is the spiritual opportunity of the new millennium,
yet the first step is an inside job-starting with oneself.
People have an innate desire to bond with others in the spirit of love,
but an essential first step is rolling up our sleeves
and applying some elbow grease toward managing attitudes and emotions
that are not in line with our heart or authentic self.
Then bonding becomes not an action you do
but a way of being, the way of love.

Doc Childre

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Easy Does It*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Words from a Simple Heart

The basic core of our humanness is touched
when someone acknowledges our presence.

Children have no qualms about telling you how very
happy they are to see you. They rush straight at you
and let out your name with a delightful squeal. You
know, irrevocably, in that moment and at that time,
your presence is a big deal.

As we mature, a strange shyness replaces that
wonderful childish enthusiasm. We reserve it for
people we haven't seen in a very long time. No
one wants to be rushed at and have people flinging
themselves at you during the regular course of
every regular day. Yet, we don't want to be taken
for granted and feel invisible either.

I take notice when someone says, "Nice to see
you again," or "It was a pleasure talking to you".
I can't help but take notice. Their small gesture
honors me and my heart feels it.

Knowing the power of a few well spoken words, I
consciously take my thoughts and speak them out
loud. If I meet someone, and it was a great
pleasure to do so, I tell them. If I'm happy to see
someone, I tell them. If I'm happy 'for' someone, I
tell them. If I'm proud of someone, or appreciative
of something they've done, I tell them.

If you doubt the significance of simple, positive
acknowledgment, think back to a time when simple,
negative acknowledgment came your way.
Remember how strongly it hurt. "You look terrible,"
or "Look at all those wrinkles on your face," or
"You've sure packed on the pounds".

You get the idea........

We are not on this planet alone, yet there are
times when it's the loneliest place imaginable.
Split the cloud of indifference that darkens the
world and places its citizens out of each other's
sight. One small gesture of acknowledgment
brings one more person out of the shadows. It
strengthens the bond of humanity.

Be the change you want to see in the world. Let
the first small gesture be yours....

Living in love and loving life,

Terri McPherson writes a wonderful daily spiritually uplifting email
to subscribe send an email to: tmcp...@mnsi.net

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Live And Let Live*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today's Positive Thought:
Healing comes through forgiveness and love.

Today's Positive Affirmation:
I open to my healing by loving and forgiving
others and myself.

Today's Positive Visualization:
As I take a slow and even breath, I call forth
the power of love and forgiveness to heal my life.
I feel the power of love and forgiveness warming
my heart with a beautiful light. In my mind's eye
I gently recall a time when I was upset with another
person or myself. As I think about that situation now,
I easily surround it with the warm light of love and
forgiveness. In my imagination I watch as the power
of love and forgiveness erases the negativity and
hurt from my memories. I give thanks for this healing.
I combine these images with the feelings of joy and
let them go, knowing that they will create the good
things I am visualizing and thinking.

© Sample Life, LLC
All rights reserved.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep The Focus On You*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bridges of Growth

When your mind's conscious awareness  changes
is made more complex by an experience
then you have  undergone inner growth

Transition happens in our be-ing
and  amazement replaces a blasé attitude
The psychic bridge we cross in this  process
is usually a challenge to our emotional beliefs

Without  feelings attached to the experience
no growth can occur ~ we need  passion

Whatever label we attach to the experience
we are  transported to a higher state
Our point of view changes...
Maybe our  way of seeing the world does too
The soul's residence undergoes  renovation

There is no end to the challenges
our psyche presents  for us
if we will but allow it

With our permission the chasm  to
enlightenment is breached
Acquiescing to emote, to become  passionate
we cross the bridge
To the other side where awaits a  deeper life

Find empathy; bear new acceptance and growth
Life is  trying to capture your attention
Your bridges span the gap from the  ordinary
to an exciting adventure into discovery

Only  exhilaration and freedom
await on the other side
Won't you accept  the invitation?

©2004 Stella Raymonde Savoie Johnson

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Let God and Let Go*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Daily Affirmation
I am aware of other people's realities and
I stay centered in my own calm, clear energy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Footwork
If you can't fight,
and you can't flee.......flow.
If the wind don't blow.......row.
The sooner you push your wagon,
the quicker you will be on your way.
Get busy !
Vaughn Glanton

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come To*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Forgiveness is not an event,
but rather, it is a process in healing;
for when we forgive,
we lose all emotional attachment
to the person and the circumstance.
When we do this, we free ourselves to receive more
goodness in our lives
Bobbie Gonder

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come To Believe*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When your neighbor's house is on fire, you put yourself
in danger if you don't help extinguish it.
Chinese Proverb

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Look For The Beauty*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When I was using my anger and resentments demanded relief.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Today Is A Gift*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

By facing our fears honestly,
we can stop giving them the power to paralyze

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep Stepping*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My secrets won't get me high,
they will kill me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Stay In The Light*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Drugs made me feel
the way I thought everyone else felt.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Take A Moment To GIVE (NO COST)*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

FREE Click to GIVE @ to STOP Violence Against Women
FREE Click to GIVE Rice
FREE Click to GIVE @ the STOP HIV SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Hunger SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Breast Cancer SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Rain Forest SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Animal Rescue SiteFREE Click to GIVE @ the Children in Need
FREE Click to GIVE @ to Save Our Oceans

Track Your Impact in GIVING

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One Promise, Many Gifts*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IN THE ROOMS (ITR), is the premier FREE online social network dedicated to the global recovery community for people seeking help, in recovery and their family, friends and allies of recovery worldwide.  Our mission is to augment or enhance traditional 12 step and other recovery programs by offering a place to not only find like minded people but also people who share the same interests, passions and hobbies. Our mantra is the acronym HITCH which is the Help, Inform, Touch, Connect and Heal.
http://www.intherooms.com/?id=younmenhp

Adult Children of Alcoholics

Al-Anon/Alateen

Alcoholics Anonymous

Alcoholics Anonymous Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Artists Recovering through the Twelve Steps

Clutterer’s Anonymous

Cocaine Anonymous World Services

Co-Dependents Anonymous Home Page

Crystal Meth Anonymous

Criminal and Gangs Anonymous

Debtors Anonymous: A Twelve Step Fellowship for…

Depressed Anonymous

Dual Recovery Anonymous - a 12 Step program

Eating Disorders Anonymous

Emotions Anonymous

Families Anonymous

Food Addicts

Gamblers Anonymous Official Home Page

Hepatitis C Anonymous

HIV Anonymous

Internet and Tech Addiction Anonymous

Marijuana Anonymous

Methadone Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous Official  Homepage

Nar-Anon is a family support group

Nicotine Anonymous (WWW Home Page) NA Home Page

On Line Gamers Anonymous

Overeaters Anonymous

Parents Anonymous

Recovering Couples Anonymous

Sexaholics Anonymous

Sex Addicts Anonymous

Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous

Shoplifters Anonymous

Spenders Anonymous

Survivors Of Incest Anonymous

Workaholics Anonymous

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*@¿@*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Created in 1997 , "12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit" is intended to give readers , inspiring and thoughtful messages. To help fulfill our primary purpose which is to carry the message to the alcoholic/addict who still suffers. A spiritual adventure, a journey inwards this has a vision of opening and touching, each and everyone, with the Loving Power and Presence of the Spirit within." We invite you to share the writings by forwarding today's message to others. Share "12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit" with friends and loved ones: Please keep passing this along to online recovery friends  "We can only keep what we have by giving it away."

12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit does not endorse any of the advertisements that may appear in this daily mailing. Advertising is the price that we pay for a free list server that yahoo groups and google groups provides.

Putting together these Daily Recovery Emails has been such a blessing for me, Thanks for your support and contributions, "What I can't do alone we can do together." If you have any original poetry or submissions that you would like to send to me you can email me at
YOUn...@gmail.com

Anyone can subscribe to this free daily  e-zine by sending an Email message to me and write subscribe in the subject line.

Under Bill s.1618 TITLE III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this letter cannot be considered spam as long as the following words are included:

To unsubscribe to to this list send an Email message to the group that you belong to
or
YOUn...@gmail.com and write unsubscribe in the subject line or go to the website and unsubscribe

By the grace of God and through your efforts of passing on this email, we are reaching many recovering people in different areas of the world. If you are receiving this, from a country outside of the USA please send me an email and tell me where you are receiving this. So far we reaching over 17,000 recovering people in 66 countries including Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada , Columbia, Costa Rica, China , Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Guatemala, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Mali West Africa, Mozambique, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia , Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa , Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, U.S.A., Venezuela, Wales, West Indies, Zimbabwe.

Even if your country is listed please email me, and let me know where you are from

When we hug we pray,
Stay in the Light,
In loving service,
Scott H. from N.Y. ~ cleandate 10/27/88