Discussion forums

1 view

KerryJ

Feb 25, 2011, 2:09:46 AM2/25/11
to 1000 Ways to Teach With Technology
They're not sexy, 3D or particularly visual.

But challenges to write a succinct, well structured, researched and
thoughtful discussion post and reply in kind to others is one of my
favourite ways to learn with technology.

I need feedback as a learner and I enjoy going back and forth with
learners in discussions when I teach. Not everyone can get together in
the same place and time, so to put out a challenge and then see the
results come back is exciting. Especially when you as a learner or
teacher have an 'a-ha!' moment.

Blogs are a great concept, but 99.9% of people read and never reply.
To get feedback and discussion happening around a topic that interests
me? It's better than a death-free run through a dungeon in a pug group
in Warcraft.

Cheers all!

KerryJ