Final exam schedule + rooms

Barnabas Poczos

Apr 16, 2013, 6:18:38 PM4/16/13
to 10-701-spring-2013-cmu
The schedule and the rooms for the final exam are below:

10701 MACHINE LEARNING Thu. May 9, 1:00p.m. ‐ 4:00p.m. GHC 4401 & GHC 4307

Best,
Barnabas

Yitong Zhou

Apr 18, 2013, 7:38:25 AM4/18/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
three hours?!

Yitong Zhou

May 2, 2013, 11:13:14 AM5/2/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Do we only cover topics after mid-term or just everything?

Barnabas Poczos

May 2, 2013, 1:39:49 PM5/2/13
to Yitong Zhou, 10-701-spring-2013-cmu
Everything.
Cheers,
Barnabas
> --
> http://alex.smola.org/teaching/cmu2013-10-701 (course website)
> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZSO_6-bSqHQmMKwWVvYwKreGu4b4kMU9
> (YouTube playlist)
> ---
> To post to this group, send email to
> 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com.

Sam Zhang

May 4, 2013, 2:55:05 AM5/4/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm wondering if the material that appeared in the lecture slides but not taught in the lectures will be on the exam? For example, junction trees and Gibbs sampling in the graphic model lectures are only briefly mentioned but the slides went into greater details.

Thanks

Xinghai Hu

May 4, 2013, 12:25:46 PM5/4/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Will contents appearing in recitation like HMM, Kalman filter, be covered in exam?

Thanks,
Xinghai

Barnabas Poczos

May 4, 2013, 12:50:43 PM5/4/13
to Sam Zhang, 10-701-spring-2013-cmu
You only need to know those slides that we discussed in lectures. Btw,
after the graphic model lectures I covered Gibbs sampling, so you
might see questions about it in the final.

Best,
Barnabas

Barnabas Poczos

May 4, 2013, 12:52:19 PM5/4/13
to Xinghai Hu, 10-701-spring-2013-cmu
No, there will be no questions about the recitations slides unless
they were covered in lectures too.
Best,