Question about HW3 1.2,1.3

Jingkun Gao

Mar 8, 2013, 11:03:26 AM3/8/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ina,

In 1.2:

Is m fixed once F is given? What is x_i in 1.2? Is x_i related to the points we choose? Does that mean F has to be given after we choose points, what if we choose n points(n<m)?

In 1.3:
Is a fixed in F once points are given? If so, I think we can always assign labels for the points to let F fail to shatter all the points.

Thanks,
Jingkun

Xinghai Hu

Mar 15, 2013, 6:23:30 PM3/15/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
I am also confused by question 1.2. Is m fixed? Let's say, m=1, how can we determine the categories of infinite number of new samples?

Thanks,
Xinghai

Madalina Fiterau

Mar 15, 2013, 6:24:08 PM3/15/13