Homework

Fan

Jan 24, 2013, 5:03:44 PM1/24/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I could not locate the homework assignment mentioned by lecturer yesterday on the course site. Can somebody point me to it?

Thank you.

premkumar

Jan 24, 2013, 5:05:23 PM1/24/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Its on the homepage under the "Resources" section.

Jiaji Zhou

Jan 24, 2013, 5:26:00 PM1/24/13
to premkumar, 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Sorry!

But how each problem and subproblem is scored? (Good for allocating time..)

--
http://alex.smola.org/teaching/cmu2013-10-701 (course website)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZSO_6-bSqHQmMKwWVvYwKreGu4b4kMU9 (YouTube playlist)

Best Regards
Jiaji (Robin) Zhou
Robotics Institute, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University

Alex Smola

Jan 24, 2013, 7:40:50 PM1/24/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com, premkumar
Problems 1 and 3 get the lion's share of points. Problem 2 somewhat less (around 2:1:2). I know it's quite a bit. But on the other hand, you only need to do 5 of them. And this one should be relatively easy (the only tricky bit is to handle continuous and discrete variables differently in Naive Bayes).

Daniel Maturana

Feb 20, 2013, 2:41:23 PM2/20/13
to Alex Smola, 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com, premkumar
Hello, could we have explicit point allocations on the homework this
time? Specially for things like extra credit - it's hard to decide to
do extra credit if we don't know how much it's worth ;)
thanks,
Daniel