HW-4 Question 1.2

Suman Giri

Mar 26, 2013, 5:10:25 PM3/26/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com

For question 1.2, are we supposed to find log-partition functions for all the cases in 1.1, or for only the unimodal case ? Same for computing the variance.

Leila Wehbe

Mar 27, 2013, 12:11:51 PM3/27/13
to Suman Giri, 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suman,

You should find a general solution that can be applied to the multiple cases, and then compute the mean and variance for that solution.

Leila

--
http://alex.smola.org/teaching/cmu2013-10-701 (course website)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZSO_6-bSqHQmMKwWVvYwKreGu4b4kMU9 (YouTube playlist)