about the lecture for perceptron

Helen

Feb 7, 2013, 8:27:10 PM2/7/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just listened to the video for that lecture. Unfortunately, the white noise in the background make it impossible to catch any information.

Can the TA or instructor processing it and upload a more clean version?

Since it's mainly white noise, it shouldn't be too hard to improve the audio quality using some software. Here is a useful link. The software is free on linux.

Thanks.

chenyan xiong

Feb 8, 2013, 12:12:15 PM2/8/13
to Helen, 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
It will be very helpful.
Since you have expertise in the noise reduction. We will appreciate if  you could process those lecture videos for us?

Thank you very much!
Chenyan

2013/2/7 Helen <wangy...@gmail.com>

--
http://alex.smola.org/teaching/cmu2013-10-701 (course website)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZSO_6-bSqHQmMKwWVvYwKreGu4b4kMU9 (YouTube playlist)

Alex Smola

Feb 8, 2013, 3:44:54 PM2/8/13
to chenyan xiong, Helen, 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
hi guys,

please read the COMMENTS below the video on youtube. i also mentioned it in the lecture following the perceptron lecture, namely that we had a technical problem. there's even a link to the audio track such that you could fix it. there's even a twitter conversation on this.

so - yes - the audio sucks. and yes, we didn't expect that. but short of re-recording the audio there's nothing that can be done about it. what you hear is already the filtered version ...

best,

alex
                            ''~``
                           ( o o )
| Prof. Alexander J. Smola             http://alex.smola.org       |
| 5000 Forbes Ave                      phone: (+1) 408-759-1044    |
| Gates Hillman Center 8002            Carnegie Mellon University  |
| Pittsburgh 15213 PA    (   )   Oooo. Machine Learning Department |
                                (_/