HW2 Question 2.3

Han

Feb 19, 2013, 2:34:42 PM2/19/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Hi ALL,
I am also confused by the question 2.3. The given condition that the derivation of x is defined as d_i=max(0, \rho-y_i<u,x_i>) and  \delta=sqrt(sum(d_i^2)) ; thus could i think the problem in such a way that update the previous condition ||x_i||<=r by ||x_i||<=r+ \delta? Then we just repeat the proof exactly as question 2.1.

Am I right to do that?

Thanks,
Han

Mu Li

Feb 19, 2013, 5:01:57 PM2/19/13
to Han, 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Han,

The "derivation" d_i is just a constant about x_i, it has no relation to the gradient of x_i. You can still assume ||x_i||<=r holds here. Since x_i cannot be separated by u now, you cannot reuse the proof on 2.1.

Best
Mu

--
http://alex.smola.org/teaching/cmu2013-10-701 (course website)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZSO_6-bSqHQmMKwWVvYwKreGu4b4kMU9 (YouTube playlist)

Message has been deleted

Silvia Liu

Feb 20, 2013, 10:58:07 AM2/20/13
to Kumar Shaurya Shankar, 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com, Han
Hi Kumar,

I solved this question following the hint. But I think if you come up with other form of x_i' that also works, you can try it.

Thanks!

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 3:24 AM, Kumar Shaurya Shankar <kumar....@gmail.com> wrote:
Additionally, I think the expanded feature vector should be x_i' = [x_i, c, 0,..., 0]

--
http://alex.smola.org/teaching/cmu2013-10-701 (course website)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZSO_6-bSqHQmMKwWVvYwKreGu4b4kMU9 (YouTube playlist)
---