HW4 1.2 What form should I provide?

Yitong Zhou

Mar 31, 2013, 5:57:29 PM3/31/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
To derive the variance, should I present in the expression of g(\theta) 's first derivative, or give more detailed form that expand g(\theta) as the exact computation values? But the trivial part is, since according to Prof. Barbanas, we can introduce different base measures, the exact expression of g(\theta) can be trivial and different for different models.

Thanks,
Yitong Zhou

Leila Wehbe

Mar 31, 2013, 6:57:45 PM3/31/13
to Yitong Zhou, 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yitong,

I am not sure I understand what you mean by g(\theta) being trivial, but remember g(\theta) is a normalisation term and to compute it, you do log \int {h(x) * exp( <\phi (x), \theta>) }

Leila

--
http://alex.smola.org/teaching/cmu2013-10-701 (course website)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZSO_6-bSqHQmMKwWVvYwKreGu4b4kMU9 (YouTube playlist)