Homework# 3 Question1 .4

Manzil Zaheer

Mar 13, 2013, 12:33:42 PM3/13/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I am confused about the definition of covering number. I think we need some points x1, ..., xm first to have an epsilon approximation of F, just like the S_F(x1,...,xm). And then is the covering number, referred to in the question for a particular set of points or maximum over all such point like the growth function S_F(m)?

I am not clear what is meant by "epsilon approximation holds uniformly on X".

Also do we need to find a bound on fat shattering VC dimension by the covering number for same epsilon? I mean can one epsilon be a multiple of other

Thanking you,
Manzil