Asking for Poster Template

Han Li

Apr 27, 2013, 4:22:04 PM4/27/13
to 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Professors & TAs,
Our group now are working on the poster. We found that it is hard for us to find a proper poster template in size of 32*30 or less. I am wondering whether we can get a template from the class. It will be much helpful for us.

Since we are in the final now, every minute counts. Hope get a reply soon.

Thanks,
Han

Mu Li

Apr 27, 2013, 6:08:38 PM4/27/13
to Han Li, 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Han,

There are several solutions:

1. Download a template, and change its size. If it is latex, try to find the command setting the size and edit it. Or if powerpoint, you can change the page size from somewhere. I don't have a windows OS at hand now to find the exact the place, but I remember I did that before.

2.  You can prepare a poster with any size, but print it with size smaller than 32*30. To do that, just mention the size in the email to the SCS poster print office, then they will call you to ask more details if they don't understand your requirement.

3. It is fine to bring a poster whose size is not exactly equals to 32*30, but not too small or too large.

BTW, you may want to check some tutorials on how to make a good poster, for example, http://www.cns.cornell.edu/documents/ScientificPosters.pdf

Thanks,
Mu

--
http://alex.smola.org/teaching/cmu2013-10-701 (course website)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZSO_6-bSqHQmMKwWVvYwKreGu4b4kMU9 (YouTube playlist)

Minghao Ruan

Apr 27, 2013, 6:30:23 PM4/27/13
to Mu Li, Han Li, 10-701-spri...@googlegroups.com
Just want to double check, the poster board for this semester is 32-by-30 instead of 32-by-40 which is listed in previous year's 10701 website.

Thanks,
Ming