[ARM hibernation ] How to deal with PMem in android during hibernation ?

ipc

Feb 13, 2012, 9:28:07 AM2/13/12
to 0xlab-devel
Hi All,

I only add the hibernation patch into kernel source from this link.
http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg108560.html
I find that this patch can not resume all of alloced memory frrom pmem
after resume from disk.

As we know, android add the new driver pmem into kernel. And system's
mm can not see and control all of alloced memory from PMem.

I don't know that the tuxonice patch can deal with this issue, cannot
it ?
Or, I miss something. Maybe that hibernation patch can deal with pmem.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Ryan

Jim Huang

Feb 15, 2012, 6:25:03 PM2/15/12
to 0xlab...@googlegroups.com, wangl...@gmail.com
2012/2/13 ipc <wangl...@gmail.com>:

> Hi All,
> I only add  the hibernation patch into kernel source from this link.
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg108560.html
> I find that this patch can not resume all of alloced memory frrom pmem
> after resume from disk.

hi Ryan,

I think you have to modify gralloc in order to make pmem aware of hibernation.
It is not a problem related to TOI in my opion.

> As we know,  android add the new driver pmem into kernel. And system's
> mm can not see and control all of alloced memory from PMem.

Would you consider to use the new driver model /dev/ion instead?

> I don't know that the tuxonice patch can deal with this issue, cannot
> it ?
> Or, I miss something. Maybe that hibernation patch can deal with pmem.

Sincerely,
Jim Huang (jserv)
http://0xlab.org/

ipc

Feb 17, 2012, 2:18:50 AM2/17/12
to 0xlab-devel
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your feedback.

Should you provide one way to modify gralloc in order to make pmem
aware of hibernation ?
Maybe you can show some source code.

I think that I'd better to modify driver pmem. Because every SOC
vendor have the different implement on gralloc.
But on i.MX53 platform, The driver pmem allocd 96M memory(adsp:32M,
GPU:64M ). If save 96M into snapshot image, it will spend more time

BR
Ryan