[ANNOUNCE] Xvisor v0.1.3

Jim Huang

May 27, 2012, 1:24:06 PM5/27/12
to 0xlab-devel
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anup Patel <an...@brainfault.org>
Date: 2012/5/27
Subject: [xvisor-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Xvisor v0.1.3
To: Xvisor Devel <xvisor...@googlegroups.com>

            Xvisor v0.1.3
    (Last Commit: eae864541e98846a57f4d577469784d8d6adc68c)
        (Release Date: 27-May-2012)

In this release, we have few updates in core code, 4 new processor supports
and SMP guest support.

New Features/Updates:
 - Updated Host IRQ subsytem to have PIC driver APIs Linux compatible
 - Updated Timer subsytem to have Clocksource driver APIs and Clockchip
   driver APIs Linux compatible
 - Added support for having per-guest architecture specific context
 - Centralized architecture specific interface header files to reduce
   duplicate header files
 - Generic bitmap APIs under libs

New Emulators:
 - ARM local timer emulator
 - ARM A9MP private memory emulator

ARM 32-bit Port:
 - Added support for ARM9 processor and Versatilepb host. We are able run
   basic test for Versatilepb guest on Versatilepb host.
 - Added support for Cortex-A9 processor (UP) and VExpress-A9 host. We are
   able to boot unmodified Realview-PB-A8 linux guest on this port.
 - Added support for Cortex-A15 processor (UP) and VExpress-A15 host. We are
   able to boot unmodified Realview-PB-A8 linux guest on this port.
 - Fixes for sharing same exception vector base with Linux guest
 - Fixes for supporting SMP Linux guest. We are able to boot unmodified
   VExpress-A9 SMP linux guest Realview-PB-A8, VExpress-A9, VExpress-A15,
   and BeagleBoard hosts

ARM 32-bit with VE Port:
 - New CPU port supporting ARM processors with virtualization extensions
 - We are able to boot multiple unmodified linux for Realview-PB-A8 guest on
   VExpress-A15 host using virtualization extension
 - We are able to boot unmodified VExpress-A9 SMP linux guest on VExpress-A15
   host using viruatlization extensions

x86 64-bit Port:
 - Host apsace init works on QEMU & HW
 - Host IRQ init works on QEMU & HW