Events the week before Christmas

Chris Salij

Dec 16, 2016, 4:33:29 PM12/16/16
to 091labs-public
Howdy folks. Some of you may remember me from the summer of 2012 when I was a member for a few months before I unexpectedly left for America.

Well I'm back now and planning a move out to Galway in the new year. I'll probably be visiting next week with my partner to show her around to give her a feel for the place. I was hoping I could drop by 091 labs, since you folks were such an important part of my time in Galway in 2012.

Are there any events happening next week, a talk or board game evening we might be able to drop into (website, facebook etc doesn't have anything listed). I don't have high hopes since its the week before Christmas and I assume it'll be pretty quiet, but thought I'd ask regardless :)

Alanna Kelly

Dec 16, 2016, 4:55:20 PM12/16/16
to 091labs...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Good to hear from you! We deliberately didn't have any events in the lead up to Christmas because people are so busy. We are still active but under the wing of the Outreach at Insight NUIG right now, so we have a small room up at the IDA in Dangan and access to some meeting rooms where we can give talks etc.

We're planning some projects for the new year and hope to have a fundraiser and eventually move back into our own space closer to town.

Our main method of communication right now is Slack, I'll add you to our Slack.

Alanna