ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued

Showing 1-13 of 13 messages
ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued Cody 8/5/10 12:53 PM
I am new to Tasker and I apologize if this is a basic, silly
question.  It doesn't appear that I can get any of my tasks to work.
I keep getting the following error message:

"ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued"

A) What am I doing wrong?
B) Is there a way to "clear the tasks?"

I appreciate any suggestions or thoughts you can provide.

Thanks!
Cody
Re: ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued Cody 8/5/10 2:02 PM
Actually ... I was able to force kill/close Tasker and then restart
it.  Looks like that might have done the trick.  Although it would be
nice to know what did it in the first place.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!
Re: ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued Pent 8/6/10 4:17 AM
Hi Cody,

this will usually only happen if you're running a task with a Wait in
it or a loop, I guess you're not if you've just
started. Let me know if it keeps coming up please.

Pent

p.s. might also happen on pirated versions!
Re: ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued Pete Scott 8/6/10 5:25 AM
Really? It doesn't happen on MY pirated version. *shrug*

=]
Re: ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued Pent 8/6/10 5:45 AM
<does his infamous Daggers of Death stare>

Pent
Re: ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued Pete Scott 8/6/10 5:53 AM
Ow! Quit it! It burns!
Re: ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued disaster.ita 9/3/10 12:49 AM
Same problem here.

Yesterday my virtual pendulum clock didn't play.

Trying to test some task and I get the message "ignoring new task, 10
tasks currently queued".

I can't stop tasker, I had to kill him.

Restarted, all ok.

I have only a wait task for 15 seconds on my virtual pendulum clock,
but it works well from 15 days
Re: ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued Pent 9/3/10 2:38 AM
> Yesterday my virtual pendulum clock didn't play.
>
> Trying to test some task and I get the message "ignoring new task, 10
> tasks currently queued".
>
> I can't stop tasker, I had to kill him.

The Kill button in Tasks didn't work ?

> Restarted, all ok.
>
> I have only a wait task for 15 seconds on my virtual pendulum clock,
> but it works well from 15 days

It's not necessarily that task which is causing the problem, the queue
might
be full of other task(s).

Could you send me a log if it happens again ?

Thanks,

Pent
Re: ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued disaster.ita 9/3/10 3:27 AM
> The Kill button in Tasks didn't work ?

I explained wrong. I have tried to stop the tasker service (on/off
button), but it doesn't work, waiting waiting with focus activated on
button. Then I have killed Tasker.
The task doesn't start for the error in object.

> It's not necessarily that task which is causing the problem, the queue
> might be full of other task(s).

ok, I refer to previous posts.

> Could you send me a log if it happens again ?
Sure

> Thanks,
to you, one of the best of Tasker is your attention to us, bravo!
Re: ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued disaster.ita 9/6/10 8:44 AM
Hi Pent!

I think that this problem is linked with my attempts to rec a call.

It is highly possible that I am wrong. Perhaps wrong trigger. I don't
understand.
Now I start recording on "phone offhook" event and stop on "phone
idle". But seem that the first time all is ok and the second (and
after) tasker cannot access the file to rec. This is because I could
not hear nothing. However you are right, the volume of recording is
very very low.

After some attempts "ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued"
appears.

I have the log. Tell me if you want and you desire to see them, else
there is no problem.
Re: ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued Pent 9/6/10 8:51 AM
Glad it seems tied to that action.

> I have the log. Tell me if you want and you desire to see them, else
> there is no problem.

Yes please, send it along.

Pent
Re: ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued Avi 3/6/13 1:38 AM
I am having the same issue.
I have many tasks with "wait" in them, and I have not idea how to start debugging it.
Can you please tell me where the log is located so I can try starting from there?

Thank you.
Re: ignoring new task, 10 tasks currently queued GermainZ 3/6/13 2:13 AM
To view it from Tasker (and enable/disable it):
Menu > More > Run Log

If you want to view the file, it's on the SD Card, in the Tasker folder.