Google Groups

Re: Android 4.2 JB MR1 Bluetooth

Cyril CATALDO May 2, 2013 9:15 AM
Posted in group: android-platform
English is not my mother language but I understand from these words that BLE will be supported on next android version. Personally I don't take if it's called 4.3 or 5.0
But google could reveal a new android version during IO and still make it available in october only. I hope I am just pessimistic and that my phone will be BLE in summer !

thanks anyway Matthew. let's wait 2 weeks. it won't be long now.

Le mardi 30 avril 2013 22:20:32 UTC+2, Matthew Xie a écrit :
Hi
You will get updated during Google IO on the support of Bluetooth Low Energy of next Android release. I cannot reveal more information at this time.

Thanks
Matthew

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Niclas Granqvist <niclas.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
Maybe Matthew can comment on the latest status?

Niclas

On 30 April 2013 14:14, Cyril CATALDO <cyril....@gmail.com> wrote:
Rumours say that next version of Android to be launch in may will be 4.3 and not 5.0. I am afraid that BLE won't be supported in may and that we might have to wait for key Lime Pie in autumn...

Le jeudi 4 avril 2013 15:02:25 UTC+2, mark diener a écrit :
Wait for Android Version 5, it SHOULD have support.

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Niclas Granqvist <niclas.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any update on schedule?

-- Niclas

On Friday, February 8, 2013 8:42:21 AM UTC+1, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
Hello Matthew,
Could you list all the steps to enable Bluetooth in JB-MR1?
I'm struggling with it without luck. I guess it includes

* Kernel driver?
* BoardConfig.mk parameters?
* bdroid_buildcfg.h ? What does it intend to do?
* bt_vendor.conf ?
* any others?

Matthew Xie於 2012年11月15日星期四UTC+8上午4時53分57秒寫道:
I will answer the questions as I can.
We don't have resource to maintain both Bluedroid stack and bluez stack. Blue support is stopped after 4.2.
BLE will be the next major feature we are going to add.
Other a2dp codec can be added. We only implemented SBC because it's mandatory.

Vendor need to implement bt_vendor_interface_t. The interface defines the way vendor lib and bluetooth stack interact to bring up and config the Bluetooth Controller. The defintion is in external/bluetooth/bluedroid/hci/include/bt_vendor_lib.h.
We don't have other document, it all in the code, fully open-source.  Please see bt_vendor_lib.h on the meanings of the opcode, such as BT_VND_OP_POWER_CTRL.
device/common/libbt/src/bt_vendor_brcm.c contains broadcom implementation of vendor lib.
hardware/qcom/bt/libbt-vendor/src/bt_vendor_qcom.c contains qualcomm implementation of vendor lib.

Kind Regards,

Niclas Granqvist
Skype: niclas_granqvist_work
mobile: +41(0)798149161