Categories: Events :

November Meeting - Monday 25 November

Showing 1-12 of 12 messages
November Meeting - Monday 25 November J9Kirby 11/11/13 7:29 AM
Dear all,

Just an early reminder that the next meeting will be on Monday 25th November

Access Space 1800-2100

Following on from a very successful Makers and Hackers Event at Sheffield Hallam on Saturday, we look forward to welcoming any new faces as well as the usual suspects.

Hope to see you there!

Re: November Meeting - Monday 25 November Peteus 11/13/13 5:45 PM
I'm planning on making it down this month. I have been very busy for a long time and just haven't had the time. I have a 3D printer to bring along which I could do with a bit of help with the electronics, They are soldered I just need help in how to connect them :)
Re: November Meeting - Monday 25 November Rowan 11/17/13 12:04 PM
I'll be coming along, looking forward to it...
Re: November Meeting - Monday 25 November Michael Nares 11/21/13 3:10 PM
I am too, should be fun :).

The Floow Ltd
Oxo House
4 Joiner Street
Sheffield
UK, S3 8GW
t: +44 (0) 114 270 1114 (main switchboard)

The Floow is a signature of the European Road Safety Charter.

Disclaimer This email and any files transmitted with it should be considered confidential and solely for the recipients. Please do not disseminate, distribute, copy, print or alter this email. The Floow Limited accepts no liability for loss or damage as a result of this email's content or attachment.

Re: [SHH:338] Re: November Meeting - Monday 25 November J9Kirby 11/24/13 10:38 PM

Meeting TONIGHT!

Access Space 1800-2100

Hope to see you there!

Sent from my Android phone

Re: [SHH:339] Re: November Meeting - Monday 25 November Aaron Ibbotson 11/24/13 11:12 PM
I'll be there

Sent from my iPad
Re: [SHH:338] Re: November Meeting - Monday 25 November Gee "The Rabid Inventor" 11/24/13 11:50 PM

I'll see you all there

Re: [SHH:338] Re: November Meeting - Monday 25 November Gee "The Rabid Inventor" 11/25/13 11:06 PM

Cheers all for a great meet last night. So great ideas falling out of our collective grey matter :-)

Re: [SHH:342] Re: November Meeting - Monday 25 November Andy Kirby 11/26/13 6:07 AM
Agreed

Something I needed to follow up from conversations last night was
mechanical computers.

Here is a link to the one I was thinking of during the conversation.

http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/productsmenu/tinykitlist/375-dcii
Mechanical Computing Andy Kirby 11/28/13 1:45 PM
That is a good question, probably. But would take a bit of thinking through.

I bet something similar could be laser cut from three sheets of acrylic
or MDF. About A3 Size and use small metal BB's.

--
Andy Kirby
http://www.kirbyand.co.uk/

http://www.elektor.com/news/gertduino-the-raspberry-pi-arduino-missing-link.2607911.lynkx

I guess it takes away the question of whether to develop on Pi or
Arduino. Now do both.

An Arduno that sits on a Pi. extending all the Arduino IO to Pi
Applications and giving integral Arduino development on the Pi.

Best of Both worlds for �18, wow.

Want one (Or Three).
Re: [SHH:346] Gertduino Perry Ismangil 12/1/13 3:59 AM

You get two micro controllers as well!

On Dec 1, 2013 11:50 AM, "Andy Kirby" <andyk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hot off the press:-

http://www.elektor.com/news/gertduino-the-raspberry-pi-arduino-missing-link.2607911.lynkx

I guess it takes away the question of whether to develop on Pi or
Arduino. Now do both.

An Arduno that sits on a Pi. extending all the Arduino IO to Pi
Applications and giving integral Arduino development on the Pi.

Best of Both worlds for Ł18, wow.

Want one (Or Three).