npm 1.0 RC

Showing 1-27 of 27 messages
npm 1.0 RC Isaac Z. Schlueter 3/21/11 4:01 PM
First release candidate of npm 1.0 is available on the registry right now.

To get it:

    curl http://npmjs.org/install.sh | npm_install=rc sh

It probably won't work to `npm update npm` or even `npm install
npm@rc` if you have a pre-1.0 version of npm.

** Major changes **

When the -g/--global flag isn't set, npm operates on the local
"node_modules" folder in the current package.  That means `npm install
qs` actually is like what `npm bundle install qs` was before.  `npm
install` without any arguments is like what `npm bundle` was before,
and so on.

No longer 3 "root" configs: just a single --prefix.  That means, if
you want to install something globally and then require() it, you're
going to have to put `/usr/local/node_modules` into your NODE_PATH
environment variable.  It's better to just install locally.

`npm ls` shows a tree-view of locally installed packages.  `npm ls -g`
shows the global ones.  `npm search` is for searching the registry.

The cache folder is at `~/.npm` instead of in the npm root folder.

Only one version of a thing is installed at the top level at once.
So, no activation/deactivation, etc.  Dependencies are installed
inside the package that uses them, so "update" doesn't build up a
bunch of cruft.  (`npm prune` will remove unnecessary cruft that does
exist.)

Much quieter.  However, on failure, all logs are written to `npm-debug.log`.

Publish is now tag-sensitive.  So, if you do `npm publish foo --tag
bar`, then it'll publish it to `foo@bar` rather than `foo@latest`.
(That's how I just published npm to the @rc tag.)

Do `npm set npat true` to opt-in to having all packages run their
tests as a condition of installation.  At some point soon, this will
also upload test results to a web site.

The completion got an overhaul.  To install it you can do this: `npm
completion >> ~/.bashrc`

.npmignore files can do everything that .gitignore files can do.
(Sometimes more, since it always supports ** even if your system's
fnmatch(3) doesn't.)  And, if there's a .gitignore and no .npmignore,
then npm will use the .gitignore file.

Get it.  Play with it.  Break it.  Thanks!

--i

Re: [nodejs] npm 1.0 RC Isaac Z. Schlueter 3/21/11 4:33 PM
I'd guess that it's in  /Users/laurie/.nvm/bin, since that's the
node_modules it's using.  Is there anything in there?

If not, then it might be in  /Users/laurie/.nvm/node_modules/.bin if
it doesn't think it's a global install, but it should think it's a
global install.

I haven't tried it with nvm.  It works fine with nave.

--i

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 16:30, Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net> wrote:
> So where does the executable end up? It's not in the directory referenced
> by ~/.npmrc::root or ~/.npmrc::binroot, the directory where the 'node'
> binary lives (~/.nvm/v0.4.3/bin), nor anywhere in my PATH:
> $ curl http://npmjs.org/install.sh | npm_install=rc sh
> $ which npm
> $ type npm
> -bash: type: npm: not found
> $ type npm@1.0.0-0-rc
> -bash: type: npm@1.0.0-0-rc: not found
> $ find /Users/laurie/.nvm/node_modules/npm/ -type f -name npm
> $
> /Users/laurie/.nvm/node_modules/npm/bin/npm.js is there; did the
> installation skip a sym-linking step?
>
> Full install log follows:
> $ curl http://npmjs.org/install.sh | npm_install=rc sh
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
>  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
>  Speed
> 102  2047  102  2047    0     0   9379      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
> 35912
> fetching: http://registry.npmjs.org/npm/-/npm-1.0.0-0-rc.tgz
> 0.4.3
> ! [ -d .git ] || git submodule update --init
> node cli.js cache clean
> node cli.js rm npm -g
> node cli.js install -g
> semver@1.0.1 /Users/laurie/.nvm/node_modules/npm/node_modules/semver
>> npm@1.0.0-0-rc postinstall /Users/laurie/.nvm/node_modules/npm
>> sh ./scripts/install-message.sh
>
> Thanks for installing version 1.0.0-0-rc of npm.
> Last few items from the changelog:
>   shasums on all tarballs
>   explore command: see `npm help explore`
>   docs command: see `npm help docs`
>   Frequently asked questions at `npm faq`
>   xmas easter egg
>   work with homebrew nodejs
>   Support for `"<name>":"<url>"` for dependencies.
> * 0.3
>   More correct permission/uid handling.  (Sudo now encouraged!)
>   Require node 0.4.0
>   Separate semver out into a separate utility.
>   Packages without "main" modules don't export modules.
>   Remove support for invalid JSON (since node doesn't support it)
>   No shims! (Still has symlinks, though)
> * 1.0
>   Simplify configuration greatly.
>   Install locally (bundle by default)
>   Drastic rearchitecture
> npm@1.0.0-0-rc /Users/laurie/.nvm/node_modules/npm
> It worked> --
> "nodejs" group.
> nodejs+un...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nodejs?hl=en.
>

> --
> Laurie Harper
> http://laurie.holoweb.net/

Re: [npm] Re: [nodejs] npm 1.0 RC Laurie Harper 3/21/11 4:48 PM
On 2011-03-21, at 7:33 PM, Isaac Schlueter wrote:
> I'd guess that it's in  /Users/laurie/.nvm/bin, since that's the
> node_modules it's using.  Is there anything in there?

$ ls /Users/laurie/.nvm/bin
ls: /Users/laurie/.nvm/bin: No such file or directory

Nope; but:

$ ll ~/.nvm/node_modules/.bin/npm
lrwxrwxrwx  1 laurie  staff  17 21 Mar 19:17 /Users/laurie/.nvm/node_modules/.bin/npm@ -> ../npm/bin/npm.js

Ah-ha! :-) Nothing ever got installed into ~/.nvm/node_modules/.bin before, so I hadn't looked there. I guess I need to add that to PATH.

Is ~/.npmrc still used? Should binroot still be respected, or is that setting obsolete now?

Thanks,

L.

Re: [npm] Re: [nodejs] npm 1.0 RC Isaac Z. Schlueter 3/21/11 5:01 PM
Yes, binroot is obsolete now.  `prefix` is where it's at.

.npmrc is still used.

The docs in `npm help` are up to date.  Check out `npm help config`.

--i

Re: [npm] Re: [nodejs] npm 1.0 RC Laurie Harper 3/21/11 5:01 PM
For comparison, 'npm install express' links the 'express' script into ~/.nvm/v0.4.3/bin, which is on PATH (it's the directory the 'node' binary is in, which is why I expected 'npm' to end up there).

I'll have to try a fully clean setup on a VM and see if I see the same thing, in case it's an artifact of stale configuration or something... I'll let you know if I develop any further insight ;-)

L.

Re: [npm] npm 1.0 RC Ryan Dahl 3/21/11 5:03 PM
I got this error:

ryan@ryan-laptop:~/projects/node% npm -v
0.3.17
ryan@ryan-laptop:~/projects/node%    curl http://npmjs.org/install.sh
| npm_install=rc sh

  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  2047  100  2047    0     0   6311      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 20267
fetching: http://registry.npmjs.org/npm/-/npm-1.0.0-1-rc.tgz
0.4.4-pre

! [ -d .git ] || git submodule update --init
node cli.js cache clean
node cli.js rm npm -g
npm WARN Not installed in /home/ryan/local/node/node_modules npm
node cli.js install -g
semver@1.0.1 /home/ryan/local/node/node_modules/npm/node_modules/semver
npm ERR! error installing npm@1.0.0-1-rc Error: Refusing to delete
non-npm file (override with --force)
npm ERR! error installing npm@1.0.0-1-rc     at clobberFail
(/tmp/npm.11977/package/lib/utils/rm-rf.js:59:12)
npm ERR! error installing npm@1.0.0-1-rc     at
/tmp/npm.11977/package/lib/utils/rm-rf.js:80:42
npm ERR! error installing npm@1.0.0-1-rc     at
/tmp/npm.11977/package/lib/utils/rm-rf.js:68:12
npm ERR! error installing npm@1.0.0-1-rc     at cb
(/tmp/npm.11977/package/lib/utils/graceful-fs.js:31:9)
npm ERR! error rolling back npm@1.0.0-1-rc Error: Refusing to delete
non-npm file (override with --force)
npm ERR! error rolling back npm@1.0.0-1-rc     at clobberFail
(/tmp/npm.11977/package/lib/utils/rm-rf.js:59:12)
npm ERR! error rolling back npm@1.0.0-1-rc     at
/tmp/npm.11977/package/lib/utils/rm-rf.js:80:42
npm ERR! error rolling back npm@1.0.0-1-rc     at
/tmp/npm.11977/package/lib/utils/rm-rf.js:68:12
npm ERR! error rolling back npm@1.0.0-1-rc     at cb
(/tmp/npm.11977/package/lib/utils/graceful-fs.js:31:9)
npm ERR! Refusing to delete non-npm file (override with --force)
npm ERR! File exists: /home/ryan/local/node/bin/npm
npm ERR! Move it away, and try again.
npm ERR!
npm ERR! System Linux 2.6.35-24-generic
npm ERR! command "node" "/tmp/npm.11977/package/cli.js" "install" "-g"
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
npm ERR!     /tmp/npm.11977/package/npm-debug.log
npm not ok
It worked

Re: npm 1.0 RC kuno 3/21/11 6:43 PM
hi isaac:
My problem is how to tell npm 1.x to install under a specific folder,
says that I have a directory /home/kuno/pkg, and I want  intall npm
under /home/kuno/pkg/node_module, the executable file under the /home/
kuno/pkg/bin direcotry.

This is a common problem for a linux package maintainer, and the old
npm works quite well by setting the three root, but what's goint on in
npm 1.x?

Re: [npm] Re: npm 1.0 RC Isaac Z. Schlueter 3/21/11 9:22 PM
npm config set prefix /home/kuno/pkg

Then global installs will put packages in
/home/kuno/pkg/lib/node_modules.  Bins will go in /home/kuno/pkg/bin.
Man pages will go in /home/kuno/pkg/share/man.

If you just want to install locally in that folder, then simply
cd /home/kuno/pkg and then `npm install whatever` and it'll be
installed in that folder.

--i

Re: npm 1.0 RC kuno 3/21/11 11:49 PM

On Mar 22, 12:22 pm, Isaac Schlueter <i...@izs.me> wrote:
> npm config set prefix /home/kuno/pkg
>
> Then global installs will put packages in
> /home/kuno/pkg/lib/node_modules.  Bins will go in /home/kuno/pkg/bin.
> Man pages will go in /home/kuno/pkg/share/man.
>
> If you just want to install locally in that folder, then simply
> cd /home/kuno/pkg and then `npm install whatever` and it'll be
> installed in that folder.
>
> --i
>

> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 18:43, kuno <neok...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi isaac:
> > My problem is how to tell npm 1.x to install under a specific folder,
> > says that I have a directory /home/kuno/pkg, and I want  intall npm
> > under /home/kuno/pkg/node_module, the executable file under the /home/
> > kuno/pkg/bin direcotry.
>
> > This is a common problem for a linux package maintainer, and the old
> > npm works quite well by setting the three root, but what's goint on in
> > npm 1.x?

I try node package/cli.js config set prefix /home/kuno/pkg and
       export npm_config_prefix=/home/kuno/pkg
but after all those the files didn't go to the right place.
The npm package has been installed under /home/kuno/pkg/lib/
node_modules and no executable files.
Re: npm 1.0 RC Matt McManus 3/22/11 6:49 AM
I'm excited about this! Thanks for all the hard work.

Just a note, In order to get the install script to run, I had to remove npm in /usr/local/bin and delete all the npm man files in /usr/local/share/man/man1/

Re: [npm] Re: npm 1.0 RC Isaac Z. Schlueter 3/22/11 7:44 AM
What's in /home/kuno/pkg/bin?
Re: [npm] Re: npm 1.0 RC Isaac Z. Schlueter 3/22/11 7:45 AM
Yes, it will refuse to clobber anything installed with pre-1.0 npm versions.

It's probably best to `npm rm npm` and then do the curl installation.

Re: npm 1.0 RC kuno 3/22/11 8:06 PM

On Mar 22, 10:44 pm, Isaac Schlueter <i...@izs.me> wrote:
> What's in /home/kuno/pkg/bin?
>

> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 23:49, kuno <neok...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I try node package/cli.js config set prefix /home/kuno/pkg and
> >       export npm_config_prefix=/home/kuno/pkg
> > but after all those the files didn't go to the right place.
> > The npm package has been installed under /home/kuno/pkg/lib/
> > node_modules and no executable files.

sorry, I'll correct it. The npm package was installed under the
current working direcotry ./lib/node_modules and there is not bin
directory at all.
Re: [npm] Re: npm 1.0 RC Isaac Z. Schlueter 3/23/11 9:50 AM
Aha!  Figured this out, I believe.

npm rm -g npm

curl http://npmjs.org/install.sh | npm_install=rc sh

Also might have to remove /home/kuno/pkg/lib/bin or
/home/kuno/pkg/lib/node_modules/.bin

Then you should get the rc5, and bins should go in the right places.

--i

Re: [npm] Re: npm 1.0 RC arlolra 3/23/11 12:55 PM
<3 `npm ls` tree structure
Re: npm 1.0 RC Felix Geisendoerfer 4/2/11 3:30 AM
Awesome work.

Questions:
  • Do you recommend people to ignore the locally installed dependencies using .gitignore?
  • And if I npm publish, will it ignore my node_modules folder?
  • If not, how would it deal with stuff being installed there (by hand) that conflicts with the information in my package.json?
--fg
Re: npm 1.0 RC Felix Geisendoerfer 4/2/11 3:32 AM
Oh, and one more question:

Do you recommend to put my own module's code in the node_modules folder of my repository as well? Or should that still live in 'lib' or something?

--fg
Re: [npm] Re: npm 1.0 RC Isaac Z. Schlueter 4/2/11 11:40 PM
Disclaimer: Everything I'm saying here applies to npm 1.0, and
probably not any 0.x version.

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 03:30, Felix Geisendoerfer <haim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you recommend people to ignore the locally installed dependencies using
> .gitignore?

If they're bugging you, sure.  In npm, I ignore ronn (since it's a dev
dependency that isn't required for installation), but I submodule the
others.  Anything excluded by a .gitignore will be excluded by npm as
well.

> And if I npm publish, will it ignore my node_modules folder?

It will bundle node_modules/{x} where any of the following are true:

1. x is in the "bundledDependencies" array in the package.json
2. x is not a key in the "dependencies" or "devDependencies" objects.
3. x is not a folder, or lacks a package.json file
4. x is a symbolic link (in which case it actually deep-copies the
symlink target, rather than just tarring a symlink that points off
into whoknowswhere.)

> If not, how would it deal with stuff being installed there (by hand) that
> conflicts with the information in my package.json?

If you've put something there by hand, and it conflicts with your
package.json, it will still only bundle it if one of the 4 above
conditions are met.  It will complain when you do `npm ls`, though.
If the dep isn't bundled, then when your package is installed, it'll
get a dependency that *does* comply with the package.json, regardless
of what was there at publish time.

> Do you recommend to put my own module's code in the node_modules folder of
> my repository as well? Or should that still live in 'lib' or something?

No, your own code should live in lib or something (anywhere is fine,
really, so long as "main" points to it).  "node_modules" is for
dependencies external to your project.

Re: [npm] Re: npm 1.0 RC Felix Geisendoerfer 4/3/11 2:11 AM
> No, your own code should live in lib or something (anywhere is fine,
> really, so long as "main" points to it).  "node_modules" is for
> dependencies external to your project.

This is rather inconvenient. It means that I have to specify relative include paths for my tests, executables and from within my own libs.

Is there any technical reason why my own lib files couldn't live in node_modules/<my_lib>? Right now npm will publish a package like that, but upon install it complains about a missing package.json file.

--fg
Re: [npm] Re: npm 1.0 RC Isaac Z. Schlueter 4/3/11 9:19 AM
On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 02:11, Felix Geisendoerfer <haim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is rather inconvenient. It means that I have to specify relative
> include paths for my tests, executables and from within my own libs.
> Is there any technical reason why my own lib files couldn't live in
> node_modules/<my_lib>? Right now npm will publish a package like that, but
> upon install it complains about a missing package.json file.

Not necessarily.  Just develop in a node_modules folder in your home
dir or something.

mkdir -P ~/node_modules/my-project/{lib,test,node_modules}
cd ~/node_modules/my-project
vim package.json # set a main, etc.
vim lib/main.js # make a program
vim test/test.js # write tests that do require("my-project")

Your test script will be running in:

/home/felixge/node_modules/my-project/test

So, its module.paths will be:

/home/felixge/node_modules/my-project/test/node_modules
/home/felixge/node_modules/my-project/node_modules
/home/felixge/node_modules

You could also develop a bunch of packages as local installs inside of
a parent package similarly.

Re: [npm] Re: npm 1.0 RC Aseem Kishore 4/3/11 11:07 AM
Hmm, but this requires all node.js package development be done inside a node_modules folder somewhere. That's kind of an annoyance, no?

(E.g. for a particular lib, I currently develop under ~/projects/foo or ~/projects/foo/bar, etc.)

Aseem
Re: npm 1.0 RC gitfy 4/7/11 8:26 AM
Isaac,

couple of things which i came across with the  local and global
library locations.

1. when you install a library which contains an exectuable locally,
the files in the bin package is not linked automatically to the usr/
local/bin or registered in the PATH. without this it more of an
annoyance do this explicitly in your environment.

2. Since now there is a possibility to have libraries locally and
globally, the package-json structure should be enhanced to support
definitions of which package gets installed where. otherwise with a
command `npm install -g `, or `npm install -l `, everything goes
global or local.

3. since NODE_PATH only now means global, may be it would good to make
it more explicit like GLOBAL_NODE_LIB_PATH something like that. it's
kind of confusing.

On Apr 3, 11:07 am, Aseem Kishore <aseem.kish...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, but this requires all node.js package development be done inside a
> node_modules folder somewhere. That's kind of an annoyance, no?
>
> (E.g. for a particular lib, I currently develop under ~/projects/foo or
> ~/projects/foo/bar, etc.)
>
> Aseem
>

> On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Isaac Schlueter <i...@izs.me> wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 02:11, Felix Geisendoerfer <haimu...@gmail.com>
Re: [npm] Re: npm 1.0 RC Isaac Z. Schlueter 4/7/11 10:25 AM
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 08:26, gitfy <lenin....@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. when you install a library which contains an exectuable locally,
> the files in the bin package is not linked automatically to the usr/
> local/bin or registered in the PATH. without this it more of an
> annoyance do this explicitly in your environment.

Good simple rule of thumb: Install cli apps globally.  Install module
libraries locally.

In the latest 1.0 rc, there's support for a "preferGlobal" flag in the
package.json, which will make npm warn when installing that package
locally at the top level.

Some packages are both sorts of things.  That's fine.  If you use a
package for your build process (like, say, "cake build-all" or
something), then that will work as a local dependency, because npm
will put `./node_modules/.bin` as the first item in the PATH when it
runs the command.

More details in this blog post:
http://blog.nodejs.org/2011/03/23/npm-1-0-global-vs-local-installation/

> 2. Since now there is a possibility to have libraries locally and
> globally, the package-json structure should be enhanced to support
> definitions of which package gets installed where. otherwise with a
> command `npm install -g `, or `npm install -l `, everything goes
> global or local.

No.  Either the package is installed locally, or it's installed
globally.  No "install this locally, but that globally" monkey
business, that's asking for trouble.

If you'd prefer your package be installed globally (ie, if its primary
use-case is as a cli app or something,) then you can do
`"preferGlobal":true` in your package.json.  It won't prevent local
installation, but it will help the user know what's going on.

This is a brand new feature that no one is using yet, but I do hope it
catches on. :)

> 3. since NODE_PATH only now means global, may be it would good to make
> it more explicit like GLOBAL_NODE_LIB_PATH something like that. it's
> kind of confusing.

Responding to the NODE_PATH environ is a node feature, not an npm
feature.  npm doesn't know or care about the NODE_PATH environment
variable.  Local installs will be require()-able without any extra
effort, and global installs will end up putting bins in the PATH
without any extra effort (assuming that the node executable is in the
PATH, that is.)

The path of least resistance is just to use the two different sorts of
installs for what they're for.

--i

Re: npm 1.0 RC gitfy 4/7/11 11:40 AM

"Good simple rule of thumb: Install cli apps globally.  Install
module
libraries locally. "

This is good practice. But the reasoning behind my question was,
currently not all the cli app libraries are marked with the
"preferGlobal" flag (except for npm).

It would be better if the application or library which dependents on
others libraries define this flag in its package.json against the
dependent library that it has to be installed globally.

So when i do `npm install`, which installs all the dependent libraries
based on the package.json, will put them globally or locally according
to the flag. Alternative, is to install them one by one which painful.

one more question : if the package.json is updated for an app which
some new version of a dependent library, what should run to get the
library updated based on the specified version in package.json.

Earlier, if i run npm link, it will do the update. Is there an
equivalent available ? because `npm update` updates with the latest
version of the library in the npm registry which is not desired but
the version specified in the package.json.

On Apr 7, 10:25 am, Isaac Schlueter <i...@izs.me> wrote:
Re: [npm] Re: npm 1.0 RC Isaac Z. Schlueter 4/7/11 12:45 PM
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 11:40, gitfy <lenin....@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is good practice. But the reasoning behind my question was,
> currently not all the cli app libraries are marked with the
> "preferGlobal" flag (except for npm).

As I said, I hope it catches on.

> It would be better if the application or library which dependents on
> others libraries define this flag in its package.json against the
> dependent library that it has to be installed globally.

Your dependencies are always installed locally to your package.
Always.  Zero exceptions.

The bins in your dependencies are installed in ./node_modules/.bin

If you are depending on the executables from your dependency package,
then you should be doing this in a defined script.  For instance:

    { "name" : "foo"
    , "dependencies" : { "coffee-script" : "*" }
    , "devDependencies" : { "vows" : "*" }
    , "scripts" : { "test" : "vows test/*.js", "preinstall" : "cake build" } }

The "cake" bin is part of the coffee-script package.  The "vows" bin
is part of the vows package.

*This works*, regardless of where "foo" is installed.  When npm runs
the "preinstall" script, it will construct the PATH environment
variable so that the version of "cake" you depend upon will be the
first thing seen.  Same with "vows" when you do "npm test foo".

This is important, because it means that two different packages can
depend on different versions of coffee-script, and work side-by-side,
even if the "cake" API surface changes.

List your dependencies, and trust that you will get what you ask for.

> So when i do `npm install`, which installs all the dependent libraries
> based on the package.json, will put them globally or locally according
> to the flag. Alternative, is to install them one by one which painful.

If A depends on B, then B should *always* be installed locally within
A/node_modules, regardless of how A is installed.

It only makes a difference at the top level.  Dependencies are nested
locally.  Always.

> one more question : if the package.json is updated for an app which
> some new version of a dependent library, what should run to get the
> library updated based on the specified version in package.json.

Run `npm update` in your project folder.

> Earlier, if i run npm link, it will do the update. Is there an
> equivalent available ? because `npm update` updates with the latest
> version of the library in the npm registry which is not desired but
> the version specified in the package.json.

If you run `npm update` locally in your project folder, then you'll
get the version specified by your package.json file.

Use local installs for the things you require().  Name your
dependencies explicitly.  Use global installs (or run `npm link`) for
things you run on the command line.

Re: npm 1.0 RC Davide Fucci 2/4/12 10:03 AM
I cannot upgrade from v0.3 on MacOSX Lion.
When I tried curl http://npmjs.org/install.sh | npm_install=rc sh I just got
"npm-install-80002.sh: line 228: cd: /var/folders/hr/gkdp8sfd0ml33mfnlh93psw40000gn/T//npm.80013/*: No such file or directory
It failed"

Help please
Re: [npm] Re: npm 1.0 RC Isaac Schlueter 2/10/12 7:45 AM
Davide,

It's not an "RC" any more.  The candidate was chosen for release :)

Just do curl `http://npmjs.org/install.sh | sh`, or better yet, just
`./configure && make install` node and you'll get npm along with it.

More topics »