Adding links to another cell using the xlwt module for Python

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Adding links to another cell using the xlwt module for Python psyduck 26/07/11 07:49
This is a question I posted on StackOverflow, but I think this may be
a more appropriate place to inquire about this.

I know that I can have a certain cell contain a hyperlink that points
to an external site like this (I actually found an example on this
group :)

    from xlwt import Workbook, Formula
    wb = Workbook()
    sheet = wb.add_sheet('testing links')
    link = 'HYPERLINK("http://stackoverflow.com/"; "SO")'
    sheet.write(0, 0, FORMULA(link))

However, what I actually want to do is something like "drilling
through" the document. I want cell A1 from "sheet1" to point to cell
F5 in "sheet3" for example.

Does someone know if what I am asking is possible; and if so, what
syntax I must use to accomplish that?
Re: Adding links to another cell using the xlwt module for Python John Machin 26/07/11 14:07

Step 1: STW to find out how a user does it in Excel:

=HYPERLINK("#Sheet3!F5","some text")

Step 2: .....