The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest

Showing 1-44 of 44 messages
The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 2/10/13 9:38 AM
Well that was a long hiatus.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, males and females, it's time for...
The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest!

How it Works:
  • For the contest, there will be a theme. All entries must pertain to that theme in any way.
  • To enter your quiz, just post it on this thread.
  • February 13 will be the last day for entering. Voting will then start at midnight EST, and take place for 3 more days.
  • The winning quiz will (if all goes well) get published on Sporcle.

How to Vote:

Email me (banjo...@gmail.com) with your vote. Your email should look something like this:

1. [Quiz 1] (your favorite entry)
2. [Quiz 2] (second favorite entry)
3. [Quiz 3] (third)

1st place is worth 3 points, 2nd is worth 2, and 3rd is 1. Please only tell me your top three
I will then tally up the votes and post our winner here.

Other Rules:
  • You may only enter one quiz.
  • You may vote if you've entered, but please don't vote for your own quiz.
  • When voting, make sure to tell me your Sporcle username.
  • Entries must be created after the contest has started.

This week's theme is: (duh duh-duh-duuuh!)

You know, like for Valentine's Day and stuff.

Have fun, everybody!

The Quiz Contest Hall of Fame
Pick Purple by MovieGuru
Clicktional Schools by slipkid
Grated 'Cheese' by Toby123

* Not yet published, sorry about that. I don't have much control.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest teddy109768 2/10/13 9:40 AM

Yay! It's here! I think this theme is quite appropriate.

The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest Spacemaniac 2/10/13 10:16 AM
Here's my entry:
http://www.sporcle.com/games/Spacemaniac/brokenhearted
The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest Spacemaniac 2/10/13 10:30 AM
Funny Money was published.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 2/10/13 10:33 AM
You're right. Just a minor typo.

On Sunday, February 10, 2013 12:30:40 PM UTC-6, Spacemaniac wrote:
Funny Money was published.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest hscer 2/10/13 10:46 AM
hscer's entry:

Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest teddy109768 2/10/13 10:56 AM

Have Fun!

http://sporcle.com/games/teddy109768/sweetheart-sayings

On Feb 10, 2013 12:38 PM, "BanjoZebra" <banjo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest NYYanks 2/10/13 11:32 AM
Here is my entry:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/NYYanks/missing-word-heart-songs

Enjoy!

-NYYanks
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest razorz 2/10/13 1:53 PM

Count me in:
https://www.sporcle.com/games/razorz/hearts-to-hearts
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest mcomisky 2/10/13 2:28 PM
Here's my entry: http://www.sporcle.com/games/mcomisky/heat_quiz_contest
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest druhutch 2/10/13 8:36 PM
Here ya go...

Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest SproutCM 2/10/13 8:43 PM
http://www.sporcle.com/games/sproutcm/why_do_i_have_an_ear_in_my_heart

Here is my little submission.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest beforever 2/10/13 9:07 PM
Here's mine: Hearts and Spades Logic Puzzle

I just had to.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest prockstar83 2/10/13 10:15 PM
I've finally joined Sporcle U!  Here's my entry.

Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest citkeane 2/10/13 10:15 PM
I think I've already exhausted my heart-themed quiz making abilities with my Valentine's Love Heart Couples quiz, so I guess I'll just be voting in this one. Good luck to all the entrants.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest slipkid 2/11/13 4:31 PM
Get your heart on and vote for this quiz:
http://www.sporcle.com/games/slipkid/celebrities-with-heart

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM, citkeane <citize...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I think I've already exhausted my heart-themed quiz making abilities with my Valentine's Love Heart Couples quiz, so I guess I'll just be voting in this one. Good luck to all the entrants.

Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest rszbdx 2/11/13 7:19 PM
I quiz-making contests!  Here's hoping you my entry!

http://www.sporcle.com/games/rszbdx/movie-taglines-from-the-heart
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest JoeBeta 2/12/13 8:43 AM

 My entry for the Valentine's Day contest :)

JoeBeta
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest Headers2304 2/12/13 11:02 AM
Here's my first entry into a Quiz Making Contest:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Headers2304/kyrgyzstan-not-included

And Good Luck to everyone else taking part. :)

Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest Cryptus 2/12/13 11:20 AM
Here you go: ♥ Songs with Heart (literally) (clips) ♥.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest tylercarson 2/12/13 6:53 PM
Here's mine.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest JoeBeta 2/13/13 5:57 AM
My mistake. I was just going over the contest rules and found that my intended entry violates one of the rules - "Entries must be created after the contest has started." I created this quiz 2 days before the contest started so it doesn't qualify for the contest. Please do not waste any votes on my quiz. Thanks.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 2/13/13 6:31 PM
The likely-to-be final entry list:
Brokenhearted (Spacemaniac)
Sweetheart Messages (teddy109768)
Foreign Hearts (mcomisky)
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest beforever 2/14/13 4:16 AM
So, it's votin' time officially now, aye?
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 2/14/13 5:04 AM
Yes, yes it is.

And Happy Valentine's Day to all.

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:16:53 AM UTC-6, beforever wrote:
So, it's votin' time officially now, aye?
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest druhutch 2/15/13 8:41 AM
Bumping this. Don't forget to vote y'all.

Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 2/16/13 8:51 AM
Today is the last day for voting!
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest hscer 2/17/13 4:51 AM
My quiz won, I'm SURE of it. It had to :P
And by won, I mean didn't get a single vote, let alone place top 3
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 2/17/13 6:46 AM
Okay everyone! That was a really close call.

3rd place (10 votes):
Sweetheart Messages by teddy109768

2nd place (13 votes):
♥ Hearts and Spades Logic Puzzle ♠ by beforever

1st place (14 votes):
Countries That Have  by druhutch

Congratulations to druhutch, and thanks to everybody who participated! The next contest will be up in a few weeks.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest Ubbiebubbie 2/17/13 6:55 AM
Congrats, dru!
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest beforever 2/17/13 7:12 AM
Your one was so neat, druhutch! A well-deserved win!

Congrats, dru!

Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest Headers2304 2/17/13 7:13 AM
Congrats to Druhutch, clearly an excellent game, which even got an EP as well! Well Done.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest slipkid 2/17/13 7:39 AM
Hearty congratulations to Dru on a well-deserved win.

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Headers2304 <hea...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Congrats to Druhutch, clearly an excellent game, which even got an EP as well! Well Done.

Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest rszbdx 2/17/13 8:24 AM
Excellent job, Dru!  Congratulations!  And well done to all the entrants - I know I had to really think before voting because the overall quality was really high!
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest hscer 2/17/13 9:36 AM
Okay, I actually seriously am wondering, did I get so much as a third place vote? Not that mine really deserved one, it was kind of only tangentially a "heart" quiz. I just couldn't really get into the theme. (Although I do think it was kind of funny; it's not quite the "Heart" someone has in mind for Valentine's Day!)

On Sunday, February 10, 2013 12:38:46 PM UTC-5, BanjoZebra wrote:
[...]

Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest teddy109768 2/17/13 9:41 AM

Congrats druhutch, I was lucky to even get a vote with all these awesome quizzes.

Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest Spacemaniac 2/17/13 9:51 AM
Nice job, Dru, awesome quiz!
I'm wondering how many votes I got (probably from 0 to 1).
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 2/17/13 9:51 AM
Actually, you did get a second place vote.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest druhutch 2/17/13 9:53 AM
WOW! Thanks to any who voted. I'm very honored.
And beforever that's a really amazing quiz you made.
I can't seem to make quizzes anymore without a "prompt", so I really appreciate these contests providing that. Do another one, BanjoZebra! (you know, when you get a chance)
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest tylercarson 2/17/13 9:54 AM
That makes me wonder, did I get any votes?
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest hscer 2/17/13 10:02 AM
Wow. Two points? Even better!
Whoever did that, please email me (hscer....@gmail.com) thanks.
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest Spacemaniac 2/17/13 10:16 AM
How many votes did I get?
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest mcomisky 2/18/13 6:15 AM
Congrats to the top 3! and everybody else for participating! There were a lot of great quizzes
Re: The Seventh Quiz-Making Contest needapausebutton 2/18/13 9:22 AM
Yeah, I'll echo those congrats to dru and the runners ups. Nice batch of quizzes. And as always, nice job orchestrating, BanjoZebra.
More topics »