About the extcode spkg

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
About the extcode spkg Snark 3/21/13 1:15 PM
Hi,

the extcode spkg lacks a SPKG.txt, and has no description in
http://www.sagemath.org/packages/standard/.

Looking at its content shows:
- jsmath (why isn't it in a proper spkg?)
- things for the notebook (why isn't it in the sagenb spkg?)
- something about a mac app (shouldn't it rather go in a sagemac spkg
which would be only installed on that platform?)
- very random stuff.

What is it?
Re: [sage-devel] About the extcode spkg Jeroen Demeyer 3/21/13 1:20 PM
On 2013-03-21 21:15, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Looking at its content shows:
> - jsmath (why isn't it in a proper spkg?)
> - things for the notebook (why isn't it in the sagenb spkg?)
These two could probably be removed I guess.
Re: [sage-devel] About the extcode spkg Robert Bradshaw 3/21/13 8:46 PM
It's basically a random place people started sticking stuff that
"didn't belong" in the main library. It'll go away with the git
refactoring.

Re: [sage-devel] About the extcode spkg Ivan Andrus 3/21/13 8:55 PM
I have no problem making the Mac app into a separate spkg.

> - very random stuff.

Are you sure it's not pseudo-random?  :-)

-Ivan