Fedora 17 and razor-qt 0.5

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Fedora 17 and razor-qt 0.5 David Sieg 9/24/12 5:55 AM
Hi there!

After I upgraded my razor-qt desktop using the trunk repo[1], I can't log
in anymore. It simply doesn't appear anymore in the session-list.

I tried to set razor manually via the /etc/sysconfig/desktop file, so
it looks like this:
$ cat /etc/sysconfig/desktop
DESKTOP="razor-session"
DEFAULT_WM="kwin"
DISPLAY_MANAGER="KDM"

But this didn't change anything.

If I log into openbox (or any other desktop/WM), I can start razor in
the terminal and it's working without any problems. But I like to use
razor with KWin, so it would be very nice to have razor in the
session-list of a display-manager. So, where is my fault?

FYI: I tried GDM, KDM and LightDM and I don't see any problems (like
error-messages) in my log-files.

David

[1]
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/QtDesktop:/trunk/Fedora_17/
Re: [razor-qt] Fedora 17 and razor-qt 0.5 Alec Moskvin 9/24/12 5:28 PM
Hi David,

I tried installing Fedora 17 (KDE Spin) in a VM, and I can confirm.

I can't figure out why, but for some really strange reason, it does not
show Razor in the session list if "TryExec=razor-session" is set.

Try removing that line from /usr/share/xsessions/razor.desktop and tell
us if it works for you as well.

Thanks for reporting!
Alec
Re: [razor-qt] Fedora 17 and razor-qt 0.5 David Sieg 9/25/12 3:03 AM
Am 25.09.2012 02:28, schrieb Alec Moskvin:
> I tried installing Fedora 17 (KDE Spin) in a VM, and I can confirm.
>
> I can't figure out why, but for some really strange reason, it does not
> show Razor in the session list if "TryExec=razor-session" is set.
>
> Try removing that line from /usr/share/xsessions/razor.desktop and tell
> us if it works for you as well.
Yes, that works. Thank you. :)

David
Re: [razor-qt] Fedora 17 and razor-qt 0.5 Alec Moskvin 9/25/12 5:39 AM
Great! I commented that line out, and it should be fixed next time the
builds are updated.

Thanks,
Alec
Re: [razor-qt] Fedora 17 and razor-qt 0.5 Sergio Cipolla 9/26/12 11:23 AM
Hi guys, the problem maybe because that line is wrong.
TryExec is for the desktop file to look for an executable and if it doesn't exist then it won't show up.
But it needs a full path !
So (I don't know which is the correct path as I don't have razor here) it should be like:
TryExec=/usr/bin/razor-session # put here the correct path for the executable

Maybe you could try that.
Re: [razor-qt] Fedora 17 and razor-qt 0.5 Alec Moskvin 9/26/12 4:10 PM
On Wednesday 26 September 2012 11:23:28, Sergio Cipolla wrote:
> Hi guys, the problem maybe because that line is wrong.
> TryExec is for the desktop file to look for an executable and if it doesn't
> exist then it won't show up.
> But *it needs a full path* !
> So (I don't know which is the correct path as I don't have razor here) it
> should be like:
> TryExec=/usr/bin/razor-session # put here the correct path for the
> executable
>
> Maybe you could try that.

I tried that, and it didn't work.

I've actually tried everything down to replacing openbox-session with
razor-session in openbox.desktop, but with razor-session in TryExec it
disappears.

The spec[1] says:

  The value of the TryExec field may either be an absolute path or the
  name of an executable without any path components.

so the line itself is fine.

Honestly, I don't really think it's really needed anyway.

Alec

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/autostart-spec/0.5/ar01s02.html#id3042040