4.2.1 is in AOSP

Showing 1-27 of 27 messages
4.2.1 is in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 11/27/12 10:46 AM
The source code for 4.2.1 is being pushed into AOSP right now. This is
a minor release on top of 4.2. The build number is JOP40D, the git tag
is android-4.2.1_r1.

4.2.1 uses the same device-specific proprietary files as 4.2.

The factory images for the various devices will follow in the next few days.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 11/27/12 11:23 AM
The git replication has completed, feel free to sync.

JBQ
Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP blunden 11/27/12 11:32 AM
Great stuff. Thanks!
Re: [android-building] 4.2.1 is in AOSP Al Sutton 11/27/12 11:34 AM
Santa is back :).


Al.

P.S. Seemed to be pushed out pretty quickly, were you holding off announcing or do I smell some new hardware in the office? :)

-- 
Al Sutton - Funky Android Ltd.

T: @alsutton  

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries. 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android Building" mailing list.
To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en

4.2.1 is in AOSP rascarlo 11/27/12 1:47 PM
Thank you jbq
Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP AR 11/28/12 5:37 AM
Thanks JBQ. 4.2 and 4.2.1 has an issue with BT. Calls don't go through inbuilt BT systems in cars or carkits ( no audio) but works fine on BT headset. I have that fixed and will be submitting a patch. I am assuming this is where i submit


Cheers
Re: [android-building] 4.2.1 is in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 11/28/12 8:43 AM
There were very few objects to replicate, across few branches, so the
replication went very quickly. The longest part was to push the new
tags. Overall, it barely took half an hour, including the time to sync
a new client to double-check that everything was fine.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Jet Shinoda 11/27/12 3:21 PM

thank you sir

ジェット篠田
Twitter/IG/SZ: @jetshinoda
Sent from Google devices

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android Building" mailing list.
To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 11/28/12 9:00 AM
Yes, that's the place. There are slightly longer instructions at
https://source.android.com/source/submit-patches.html in case you're
not already familiar with the tools.

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP AR 11/28/12 9:45 AM
Will do and i am familiar with submitting patches. There is a condition missing to check for BT_CARKIT which causes the issue of call audio not working on BT carkit/in built BT systems in cars.
Cheers
Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP AM 11/29/12 7:19 AM
The OTA failed on my Nexus 10 16GB, so i flashed stock JOP40C (mantaray-jop40c-factory-87340b80.tgz), relocked the system and the 4.2.1 OTA still failed with the same error about set_perm failing.

The updater-script is not set up to back out in case of failure, so my system has the new packages but is missing everything after set_perm netcfg line (if i remember correctly).

I can wait for the factory image to get a stable test environment.

However, is there some kind of disconnect between the build environment and the images being pushed out ?...

Is it possible to get links to the JVP15P factory image plus individual OTAs so the test environment would match what is out in the field instead of what is in the build system.

thanks.

(side loading 07ac4f5d6c30.signed-mantaray-JOP40D-from-JOP40C.07ac4f5d.zip gives same error as waiting for OTA)

ps: apologize if this is the wrong place to post this. new to android.
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 11/29/12 9:23 AM
I confirm there's a problem with the JOP40C factory image for Nexus
10, such that OTAs won't apply on top of it. We're working on a fix.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 11/29/12 10:59 AM
All right, this is fixed. You will need to download the updated 4.2
Mantaray factory image from
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#mantaray and flash
it. Once you have that, future OTAs will apply cleanly.

In deep detail, what happened is that the filesystem for system.img
was generated slightly differently from what the kernel expects, and
when writing to it (which only happens when applying the OTA) the
kernel reverts to read-only when it detects the difference. The fix
was https://android-review.googlesource.com/46740. The issue only
affects people who manually flashed the original 4.2 factory image,
and it only affected the Nexus 10 factory image (as it's dependent on
the exact number of files in the affected location, which varies from
one device to the next).

If you had locked your bootloader back, I'm afraid that you'll have to
unlock it again (which will wipe your device).

If your bootloader is unlocked, you can unzip
image-mantaray-jop40c.zip and fastboot flash system system.img, which
won't erase your data.

Sorry about the difficulty and confusion.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Geofuzzy 11/30/12 1:10 PM
Thank you very much for posting the fix as I was having this issue and was getting frustrated, fortunately I did not re-lock my bootloader (because why would anyone do that :) ) Glad I can just dirty flash system.img on top of the existing image....great work
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Shawn D 12/5/12 6:51 PM
Hi JBQ,

Thanks for the fixed images. Just curious if there were plans to release Nexus 10 factory images for JOP40D at some point? Thanks!

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 1:59:49 PM UTC-5, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP boy3dfx 12/6/12 5:43 AM
Hello.

I have recently acquired a Nexus 4 phone. It came with JVP15Q on it.

As I intend to do some development on it I upgraded it via OTA to JOP40C, JOP40D, fastboot oem unlocked it, then tried using Factory image flashing using your jop40c (it was on https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images up until a few days ago). The phone stopped booting completely (I see the Google logo, then the bootanimation, and it gets stuck there). So I said to myself, hmmm, maybe downgrading caused this issue, so I used the latest factory images https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#occamjop40d to try to fix the problem. The problem remained.


I am wondering if there is something missing by accident with the Nexus 4 factory images you have online (either as missing files in the factory image or if the problem comes from the fact the factory images are using fastboot -w as part of the factory image flashing sequence). I know that support for Nexus 4 in AOSP is not complete, but I really hope factory image flashing can work, as I rely on it to return the phone to a (working) stock state, on all my google devices.


The reason I asked the above is I was able to built a custom boot image with adb enabled, and run it (in my opinion) successfully on the phone. I did this after the initial factory image flashing with jop40c, and again after trying factory image jop40d.

I took the kernel signature via cat /proc/version (both JOP40C and JOP40D seem to share the kernel), and after seeing the phone gets stuck, I used AOSP 4.2_r1 / 4.2.1_r1 to generate boot.img. Fastboot booting this image gives me a shell into the phone, without affecting the phone flash.

When booting with adb enabled, I did a comparision between what's mounted and the content of /fstab.mako. I can see as a symptoms for the phone not booting  that a few things (including /firmware, /data) seem not to automount on startup. I can manually mount into /firmware, but am not sure why it does not happen automatically.


Do you think it may be related to the bug you discovered on the Nexus 10?


Thank you in advance,
Gabi Voiculescu
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 12/6/12 9:03 AM
The bug that affected the original Nexus 10 JOP40C factory images did
not affect other devices (it was related to the number of files in the
system). Furthermore, that bug doesn't cause any problems while
booting, it only prevents later OTA from applying.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP boy3dfx 12/9/12 11:07 AM
Hello Jean-Baptiste.

First of all, thank you for the quick reply before.

I managed to boot into my phone, using an open-source community app called Nexus 4 Toolkit. As far as I could see the only difference between running that app and running the shell script included in your (flash-all.sh) was the way userdata and cache partitions were flashed.

Running your script on my work linux box I would see messages like erasing 'userdata' ... OKAY, while using this App I would see erasing 'userdata', formatting 'userdata' partition...Creating file system with parameters, a few more lines of output with partition parameters, then the final OKAY.

What happened in my case (and I suspect I am not alone), was that userdata & cache got damaged during the factory update (maybe by the fastboot erase?) when I flashed the factory images with flash-all.sh. Without the trigger recreation of userdata and cache partitions the 'damaged' ones would not mount.

I think this may require an update to the script in the future.

That being said, could you tell me how I can modify the factory image script to generate a formatting of cache and userdata in the future?
I'd like to have a process that works from under Linux.

Thanks in advance,
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP ESL_Phani RajKiran 12/8/12 9:01 AM
Hi JBQ
I looking for arm toolchain for 32bit machines for Android latest build, please have an eye on 32 bit machines also .
I have got Nexus S i cant find exact kernel , in AOSP just its image is given, if im not wrong.
Please guide me on kernel building for Nexus S.
Thanks & regards
Phanirajkiran.
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 12/10/12 12:35 PM
I wouldn't count on support for 32-bit hosts in the future. This
started going away years ago, and isn't expected to come back.

JBQ
Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP PeterK 12/12/12 1:50 AM
Hi, the Nexus 4 occam factory images appear to have been removed from the download page. Why is this?

Cheers,

Pete.

Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Geofuzzy 12/12/12 11:50 AM
Ok so there is a lot of non-info floating around about why the Nexus 4 Images are gone, JQB can you let us know whats going on and when we can expect them back, I happen to need the 4.2.1 image to unbork my phone.
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 12/12/12 12:22 PM
I can't comment on that, sorry.

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Ashif Shahapurkar 1/18/13 4:59 AM
HI JBQ,
i've downloaded the repo as said by you android-4.2.1_r1 and i have nexus 7 3g varient, when i load the liquid rom on building the downloaded source the os crashes. I've tried getting fresh repo but the thing is it wont progress after the boot screen, the screen goes dull and nothing happens, how can i solve this problem.
I want to create liquid rom for nexus 7 3g varient that came with 4.2 in it.
unk...@googlegroups.com 1/18/13 8:50 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 1/22/13 11:14 AM
Nexus 7 with Mobile ("tilapia") isn't supported in AOSP, and no
proprietary binaries are available for it. What you describe sounds
like a lack of GPU libraries.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.2.1 is in AOSP Ashif Shahapurkar 1/23/13 4:39 AM
thank you  very very very much JBQ

On Friday, January 18, 2013 6:29:59 PM UTC+5:30, ashifs...@gmail.com wrote:
HI JBQ,
i've downloaded the repo as said by you android-4.2.1_r1 and i have nexus 7 3g varient, when i load the liquid rom on building the downloaded source the os crashes. I've tried getting fresh repo but the thing is it wont progress after the boot screen, the screen goes dull and nothing happens, how can i solve this problem.
I want to create liquid rom for nexus 7 3g varient that came with 4.2 in it.

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:05:00 AM UTC+5:30, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
I wouldn't count on support for 32-bit hosts in the future. This
started going away years ago, and isn't expected to come back.

JBQ

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM, ESLPhani RajKiran
<esland...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi JBQ
> I looking for arm toolchain for 32bit machines for Android latest build,
> please have an eye on 32 bit machines also .
> I have got Nexus S i cant find exact kernel , in AOSP just its image is
> given, if im not wrong.
> Please guide me on kernel building for Nexus S.
> Thanks & regards
> Phanirajkiran.
>
>
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> The bug that affected the original Nexus 10 JOP40C factory images did
>> not affect other devices (it was related to the number of files in the
>> system). Furthermore, that bug doesn't cause any problems while
>> booting, it only prevents later OTA from applying.
>>
>> JBQ
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 5:43 AM, boy3dfx <valyvoi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello.
>> >
>> > I have recently acquired a Nexus 4 phone. It came with JVP15Q on it.
>> >
>> > As I intend to do some development on it I upgraded it via OTA to
>> > JOP40C,
>> > JOP40D, fastboot oem unlocked it, then tried using Factory image
>> > flashing
>> > using your jop40c (it was on
>> > https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images up until a few days
>> > ago).
>> > The phone stopped booting completely (I see the Google logo, then the
>> > bootanimation, and it gets stuck there). So I said to myself, hmmm,
>> > maybe
>> > downgrading caused this issue, so I used the latest factory images
>> > https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#occamjop40d to try to
>> > fix
>> > the problem. The problem remained.
>> >
>> >
>> > I am wondering if there is something missing by accident with the Nexus
>> > 4
>> > factory images you have online (either as missing files in the factory
>> > image
>> > or if the problem comes from the fact the factory images are using
>> > fastboot
>> > -w as part of the factory image flashing sequence). I know that support
>> > for
>> > Nexus 4 in AOSP is not complete, but I really hope factory image
>> > flashing
>> > can work, as I rely on it to return the phone to a (working) stock
>> > state, on
>> > all my google devices.
>> >
>> >
>> > The reason I asked the above is I was able to built a custom boot image
>> > with
>> > adb enabled, and run it (in my opinion) successfully on the phone. I did
>> > this after the initial factory image flashing with jop40c, and again
>> > after
>> > trying factory image jop40d.
>> >
>> > I took the kernel signature via cat /proc/version (both JOP40C and
>> > JOP40D
>> > seem to share the kernel), and after seeing the phone gets stuck, I used
>> > AOSP 4.2_r1 / 4.2.1_r1 to generate boot.img. Fastboot booting this image
>> > gives me a shell into the phone, without affecting the phone flash.
>> >
>> > When booting with adb enabled, I did a comparision between what's
>> > mounted
>> > and the content of /fstab.mako. I can see as a symptoms for the phone
>> > not
>> > booting  that a few things (including /firmware, /data) seem not to
>> > automount on startup. I can manually mount into /firmware, but am not
>> > sure
>> > why it does not happen automatically.
>> >
>> >
>> > Do you think it may be related to the bug you discovered on the Nexus
>> > 10?
>> >
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance,
>> > Gabi Voiculescu
>> >
>> > --
>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
>> > Building" mailing list.
>> > To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
>> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> > android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>>
>> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
>> warning.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
>> Building" mailing list.
>> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
More topics »