Android 4.1 in AOSP

Showing 1-52 of 52 messages
Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 3:56 PM
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Carlos Silva 7/9/12 4:10 PM
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

Congratulations to all the Android Team! :)

btw, any info on OTAs for supported devices? (Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus and Xoom)
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:19 PM
On this list, there are no ETAs for OTAs, sorry.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Carlos Silva 7/9/12 4:20 PM
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
On this list, there are no ETAs for OTAs, sorry.
No problem... Silly question anyway :X
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:22 PM
From my Open Source seat, I don't have any direct involvement in
individual retail updates, so I really can't provide any information
about updates to devices.

Thanks for understanding,
JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Chris Huston <cmhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Although, I don't have a nexus - I do have a xoom - so it is great to hear
> that you guys are going to be rolling out a JB update soon! Thanks!
>
> PS. This is probably really early to say, but Samsung and Google said that
> they may release JB on the GS3 in Q4. Do you guys have JB in the works for
> this device; and if so, is it going to work with Verizon's version (sigh the
> only one with a locked bootloader)?
>
> Thanks for the great work!
>

> On Monday, July 9, 2012 4:56:11 PM UTC-6, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.
>>
>> The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.
>>
>> The name of the development branch is jb-dev.
>>
>> We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
>> the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.
>>
>> Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
>> S and Xoom will follow.
>>
>> JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:24 PM
Following our usual practice, factory images will follow soon after
the matching OTAs to consumer devices.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM, M.V. <m...@mitjaveil.com> wrote:
> YES, hope to see the yakju and takju factory images soon.
> (got JB from i/o already on my maguro, but the it's always nice to have a
> 100% official build.)
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Mathew Says IdareYou 7/9/12 4:23 PM

That means jb-devs will be updated more oftenly than android-4.1.1_j1?

Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:25 PM
I expect that jb-dev will receive very frequent updates in the CTS project.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jeremy Schulte 7/9/12 4:27 PM
Will you give us the heads up as to when it is safe to sync?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:37 PM
I will - there are some small replication delays.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:43 PM
Full replication takes about 2 hours, and we're about half-way through.

6pm PDT seems like a safe bet.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Faryaab Sheikh <faryaa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any estimated time when the Android 4.1 AOSP source goes live ?
>

> On Tuesday, 10 July 2012 03:56:11 UTC+5, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.
>>
>> The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.
>>
>> The name of the development branch is jb-dev.
>>
>> We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
>> the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.
>>
>> Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
>> S and Xoom will follow.
>>
>> JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:44 PM
I'll make sure to update the kernels trees as necessary. The changes
from the preview should be very minimal, though.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Francisco Franco
<franciscof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks so much for pushing it to AOSP.
>
> OMAP kernel repo will be pushed as well or jb-pre1's code is what Google
> wants as a final 4.1 kernel?
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:50 PM
Yes, sorry I should have been more clear. This includes GSM and CDMA
models of Nexus S.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM, mike c <mcorb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> when you say nexus s, does that include the gsm and cdma models?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jeremy Schulte 7/9/12 4:39 PM
Thank you sir!
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Chandra 7/9/12 4:42 PM
Hi JBQ,
Where can download the binaries for Galaxy Nexus?

Thanks,
Chandra
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:51 PM
Binaries are available at their usual location
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:58 PM
The plan for Nexus S and Xoom binaries is to approximately match the
timing of the consumer release.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Guillaume Parent <gpa...@gparent.org> wrote:
> Is there no ETA for the Nexus S binaries? Within the day/tomorrow or
> possibly later?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:18 PM
Yes, in this case, it means "the OTAs".

I'm used to saying "consumer release" as it covers both the case of
OTAs and of devices being sold in stores.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:11 PM, mike c <mcorb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> does this mean we will see it when it gets pushed to OTA, or will it be out
> sooner? sorry, not sure what it all refers to when you say "consumer
> release", I mean of course for the cdma and gsm nexus s
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:20 PM
You've got sharp eyes :)

We've been making progress on toro indeed, and we can now distribute
Invensense's proprietary binaries.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Nick Depinet <depin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I notice that there are now toro binaries for CDMA/LTE and orientation
> sensor available when there were not previously. What does this mean for the
> status of toro and AOSP? Will there be new factory images of 4.1?
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:26 PM
I have no control over and no information about the OTA itself.
Factory images will be released after the OTA, as usual.

As for AOSP on the VZW Galaxy Nexus, it essentially matches the GSM version now.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Nathan Hosford <aluca...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Wanted to know ant info on the verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus will you
> be releasing any JB goodness for that or will we need to wait for verizon?
>
>                                            oh and congrats on JB!
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:33 PM
As far as AOSP is concerned, I only deal in toro (i.e. mysid builds)
and maguro (i.e. yakju and takju builds).

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM, jamsterzak <jamst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So no word on Samsung releasing the toroplus?
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Manish 7/9/12 5:32 PM
Hi JBQ,

Slightly off topic:  What is tentative date of release of Platform
Development Kit?

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM, jamsterzak <jamst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So no word on Samsung releasing the toroplus?

Manish Shakya
http://www.manishshakya.com.np
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:35 PM
I don't know the release dates for the PDK, sorry.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:36 PM
I don't consider toro to be higher than "experimental" at this point.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Jeff McIntire <jmcin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So does Toro have official AOSP support now? Sorry for the noob question,
> but I'm using this information and what I saw here
> https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers#torojro03c for a news
> article I'm working on.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:47 PM
It's always been possible to create custom builds for the VZW Galaxy
Nexus (we've always distributed all the files we could), but from this
point you can expect that they'll be easier to develop and that
they'll work better in Jelly Bean than they did in Ice Cream Sandwich.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Nathan Hosford <aluca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So rom devs can make roms for the verizon Galaxy Nexus? I have  been using
> some of the roms that are out now they are fast but very buggy.
>

> On Monday, July 9, 2012 5:26:42 PM UTC-7, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> I have no control over and no information about the OTA itself.
>> Factory images will be released after the OTA, as usual.
>>
>> As for AOSP on the VZW Galaxy Nexus, it essentially matches the GSM
>> version now.
>>
>> JBQ
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Nathan Hosford <aluca...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >

>> >  Wanted to know ant info on the verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus will
>> > you
>> > be releasing any JB goodness for that or will we need to wait for
>> > verizon?
>> >
>> >                                            oh and congrats on JB!

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:49 PM
As far as toroplus, the situation is unchanged: there are no plans to
support it as a target device for custom AOSP builds.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:44 PM, David Rouleau <shabby...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any word regarding toroplus? it would be nice to not be the only nexus
> device left out. great job on jellybean though guys, it is truly amazing
> software.
>

> On Monday, July 9, 2012 6:56:11 PM UTC-4, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.
>>
>> The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.
>>
>> The name of the development branch is jb-dev.
>>
>> We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
>> the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.
>>
>> Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
>> S and Xoom will follow.
>>
>> JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>>
>> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
>> warning.

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 6:07 PM
No ETAs on OTAs, sorry.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:05 PM, 808droider <menoro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are the OTA's being distributed to verizon customers anytime soon...my nexus
> currently has the 4.0.4 update
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 6:09 PM
There's no AOSP support for new devices other than Nexus 7. Anything
beyond that is up to individual OEMs.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM, John Stager <ydr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How about Acer A500/501
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 6:14 PM
I don't think so.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM, 808droider <menoro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> will i still be able to update when the OTA's are sent if i run the rom
> now...sorry in advance for silly questions
>
> On Monday, July 9, 2012 3:07:25 PM UTC-10, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> No ETAs on OTAs, sorry.
>>
>> JBQ
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:05 PM, 808droider wrote:
>> > Are the OTA's being distributed to verizon customers anytime soon...my
>> > nexus
>> > currently has the 4.0.4 update

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 6:50 PM
That's fundamentally a question for the carriers and OEMs who support
those devices, so I can't answer it, sorry.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Leo V <chicag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How likely is it for older devices to have a shot at 4.1 - Thunderbolt for
> example
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 6:50 PM
Yes, the upload and replications completed, you can now sync.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM, pesc <peg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it now uploaded successfully?
> Can I start with the download?
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 6:54 PM
Well, it's not my job to talk about releases anyway, and I don't like
to speculate.

Generally speaking, I prefer to make predictions about the past than
about the future, I make fewer mistakes that way. So, looking at the
past, the two possible states are "XYZ has been released" and "XYZ
hasn't been released yet".

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Jordan Long <jordan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> JBQ, any reason why you cant (or maybe wont) speculate on release dates
>> for 4.1 for xoom/Nexus S? TIA
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 7:26 PM
Factory images are meant to restore your device to the state that it'd
have if it had simply received all OTAs. So, if there's no new OTA,
there's no new factory image.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Kev <kemr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to say that if the OTA is withheld indefinitely for whatever
> reason, then the factory images may never be released?
>

> On Monday, July 9, 2012 7:24:27 PM UTC-4, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> Following our usual practice, factory images will follow soon after
>> the matching OTAs to consumer devices.
>>
>> JBQ
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM, M.V. <m...@mitjaveil.com> wrote:
>> > YES, hope to see the yakju and takju factory images soon.
>> > (got JB from i/o already on my maguro, but the it's always nice to have
>> > 100% official build.)

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 7:26 PM
Source files for those are available. Binaries will come at about the
same time as the OTAs.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Richard Surjadi <rchs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI JBQ, sorry if this question angers you but what i understand is that the
> nexus s and ns4g won't be getting their source codes with binaries released
> before the OTA?So we'll have to wait until OTA to see a source code with
> binatries for NS?
>
> Thanks, Richard
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Al Sutton 7/9/12 10:29 PM
Nice work JBQ & the team :).

Is it safe to assume the Xoom code will, as usual, only be for the US WiFi Xoom? I'm only bringing it up to set expectations for non-US and VZW Xoom owners.

Al.
--
Al Sutton - Funky Android Ltd.
(www.funkyandroid.com)

T: @alsutton
G+: http://goo.gl/ymi9b

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

On 10 Jul 2012, at 00:18, Chris Huston wrote:

[...]

Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Ron M 7/10/12 9:35 AM
So syncing the Master branch should contain jb-dev plus additions?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Conley Owens 7/10/12 9:44 AM
Right.  "additions" being contributions that have come in through AOSP.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Conley Owens 7/10/12 9:46 AM
Hi Sonny.  Building on Ubuntu 12.04 is currently only supported by the
master branch.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:55 PM, mike c <mcorb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a young budding coder, what is the difference between source and
> binaries?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/10/12 5:06 PM
To answer the specific question about Xoom, I confirm that things are
unchanged there, so we're still looking at the US variants (WiFi and
VZW), with the same set of proprietary binaries (and therefore the
same set of hardware functionality).

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/10/12 5:22 PM
Those projects aren't used in Jelly Bean, so it's normal that there's
no matching tag.

JBQ

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:02 PM, duanes <duane....@gmail.com> wrote:
> At aosp, projects
>   external/collada
>   external/pcre
>   external/wpa-supplicant
>   frameworks/media/libvideoeditor
>   packages/providers/GoogleContactsProvider
>
> all have android-4.0.1_r1 tags but no jb-release branch or jb-dev branch.
> An oversight?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Ben Buchacher 7/9/12 10:37 PM
Has anything changed regarding compiling the kernel for the maguro?
Still same kernel branch?

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Al Sutton <a...@funkyandroid.com> wrote:
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/10/12 5:24 PM
The mechanism to build the kernel is unchanged.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/10/12 5:25 PM
Note: with everyone asking unrelated questions on the same thread,
this is becoming unmanageable. I'm going to reject most pending posts,
but I'll answer them in separate threads so that we can have
meaningful discussions. Thanks!

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Chandra 7/10/12 5:07 PM
+1

Thanks,
Chandra

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/10/12 6:48 PM
Yes, 4.1.1 fixes a few bugs since the 4.1 preview that was distributed
at Google I/O. I don't have a full list available, sorry.

JBQ

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Maciej Wilczyński <ad...@dewo.us.to> wrote:
> Great work guys!
>
> Anyway, is there anything new in 4.1.1? Does it fix any bugs from the first
> Jelly Bean release?
>
> Best,
> @Maciej Wilczyński
> webDeWo.pl
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/10/12 6:54 PM
I expect the system requirements to be published as part of the
Compatibility Definition Document, which isn't available yet for 4.1.

I'm not 100% sure as I'm not directly involved, but from my distant
seat it's likely to be largely unchanged from Ice Cream Sandwich.

JBQ

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM, DLang <darrell....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any minimum system requirements for devices to run JB really?  I
> haven't found a recommended spec list, but maybe I just don't know where to
> look.
>

> On Monday, July 9, 2012 5:56:11 PM UTC-5, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.
>>
>> The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.
>>
>> The name of the development branch is jb-dev.
>>
>> We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
>> the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.
>>
>> Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
>> S and Xoom will follow.
>>
>> JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>>
>> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
>> warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Al Sutton 7/10/12 10:42 PM
I've been told JB is slightly more memory/CPU efficient than ICS, so it seems a safe bet that the ICS requirements will be fine for JB.

Al.
--
Al Sutton - Funky Android Ltd.
(www.funkyandroid.com)

T: @alsutton
G+: http://goo.gl/ymi9b

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/12/12 8:13 AM
Yes.

JBQ

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:24 AM, Kausik Sinnaswamy <kaus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi JBQ
> I suppose you would be announcing on this group when the binaries are
> available for NexusS. Please confirm.
>
> Regards
> /Kausik
>

> On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:48:37 AM UTC+5:30, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> Yes, in this case, it means "the OTAs".
>>
>> I'm used to saying "consumer release" as it covers both the case of
>> OTAs and of devices being sold in stores.
>>
>> JBQ
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:11 PM, mike c <mcorb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > does this mean we will see it when it gets pushed to OTA, or will it be
>> > out
>> > sooner? sorry, not sure what it all refers to when you say "consumer
>> > release", I mean of course for the cdma and gsm nexus s

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/13/12 7:54 AM
Seriously? Please learn how to use a search engine.

https://source.android.com/source/initializing.html
https://source.android.com/source/downloading.html

JBQ

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 5:06 AM, shankar Rathoud <rtsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jean ,
>
> Can you send me the link from where I could download the JB code .
>
> Thanks
> Shankar
>
> On Tuesday, 10 July 2012 06:56:11 UTC+8, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.
>>
>> The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.
>>
>> The name of the development branch is jb-dev.
>>
>> We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
>> the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.
>>
>> Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
>> S and Xoom will follow.
>>
>> JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Magnus Bäck 7/25/12 8:08 AM
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 03:34 EDT,
     Howell Zhu <howe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can not found tag 'android-4.1.1_r1' for project 'libcore' and 'dalvik'.
> Would you please tell me the reason?

Are you fetching from the official location? Have you fetched recently?
The tag is there when I clone the git (below). What do you get if you
attempt the same thing?

$ git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/dalvik
Cloning into 'dalvik'...
remote: Counting objects: 255, done
remote: Counting objects: 67447, done
remote: Finding sources: 100% (2602/2602)
remote: Getting sizes: 100% (1427/1427)
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (815/815)
remote: Total 66797 (delta 43476), reused 66480 (delta 43360)
Receiving objects: 100% (66797/66797), 30.81 MiB | 5.20 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (43660/43660), done.
$ git tag | grep android-4.1.1_r1
android-4.1.1_r1
android-4.1.1_r1.1

--
Magnus Bäck
ba...@google.com

I sync my local git by repo tool. The repo was initialized without any branch option. I am sure I have sync it. In other gits I can see the tag android-4.1.1_r(1/2/3).

After got your reply, I try initialize another repo by branch option (-b android-4.1.1_r3) and I can see this tag in libcore and dalvik.

Now question is why this tag is not created in master repo? (Or I mis-understand the master repo?)

Thank you very much!

2012/7/25 Howell Zhu <howe...@gmail.com>
Hi,
I can not found tag 'android-4.1.1_r1' for project 'libcore' and 'dalvik'. Would you please tell me the reason?
Thank you very much!

在 2012年7月10日星期二UTC+8上午6时56分11秒,Jean-Baptiste Queru写道:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.

Best Regards!
Howell Zhu
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/27/12 9:04 AM
The master manifest doesn't use the same projects as 4.1.1, so the
4.1.1 tag doesn't appear in all the projects that are in the master
manifest.

JBQ
More topics »