Cycle Wild Discussion
Welcome to Cycle Wild Discussion! This is the place to talk about anything to do with Bike Camping, but also to post about rides coming up, rides you want to lead personally (and some selected rides we might post the details to the Cycle Wild calendar), and also questions to Cycle Wild, to the group at large, etc.
Hey, I'm getting too many emails! Help!
Look above for the "My membership" button. Click that, and you can change how (or if) you get messages. You can even set it to "Read on Web" so you won't get any email from this list, and can look at your discretion. You can also unsubscribe there, but we hope you'll choose to stay and participate!
What's appropriate to post about?
- Questions to Cycle Wild (please put "CYCLE WILD" in the subject to get our prompt attention!)
- Questions to everyone about something to do with bikes, camping, bike camping, touring, etc.
- Reviews of gear, bikes, campsites, etc
- Commentary on future or past Cycle Wild trips
- Bike/camping stuff you're looking for
- Bike/camping stuff you have for sale or to give away
- Upcoming rides or hikes of any kind - yours, another group or persons, or whatever
- Safety issues regarding biking, camping, etc
- ANYTHING to do with bikes, camping, nature, etc
What's NOT appropriate to post about?
- Personal gripes about other people (if you have a problem with someone on a Cycle Wild trip, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Posts which clearly have nothing to do with nature, biking, camping, hiking, getting out in the Wilderness, or sustainability
(This is a loose rule - if you can relate whatever you're posting about to "reconnecting people with nature via the bicycle", then post it)
- Political issues that have nothing to do with cycling, nature, or camping
- Any content which is racist, sexist, genderist, ageist, ableist, or which otherwise aims to separate people into categories through which discrimination may occur. Cycle Wild is inclusive, not exclusionary, and we promote discussions which foster and develop community, tolerance, and discourse
Welcome! We hope you'll stick around for a bit, browse our archives, and contribute to the discussion!
Note: All posts made to this group represent the opinions of the individuals who post, and not the official opinion of Cycle Wild or any affiliated groups. Also, by posting to this group, you are granting Cycle Wild a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to republish the content posted to the Cycle Wild website. (contributions will be attributed to the individual poster if used on the website)
Showing 1-20 of 162 topics
More topics »