Hessarghatta ride

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
Hessarghatta ride Amarnath 2/23/12 7:49 PM
Hi

I am planning to go for a Hessarghatta ride with my friends. We would
like to know if its the right time to do it? And how is the route to
Hessarghatta? Is it doable on a hybrid?

We are starting from south Bangalore side by 5am, so we are expecting
to reach there by 8-9am. Is there decent place to have breakfast and
lunch over there? And we are intending to return by evening. So what
are the possible things we can explore in and around Hessarghatta?

Thanks

Amarnath
Re: [BBC] Hessarghatta ride Shankar Shastry 2/23/12 9:05 PM
Answered in line

I am planning to go for a Hessarghatta ride with my friends. We would
like to know if its the right time to do it?

It will be hot during this time of the year, but it will be hot everywhere in and around Bangalore so it doesn't matter.

And how is the route to Hessarghatta? Is it doable on a hybrid?

Yes. Definitely doable. The route from Gangamma circle/MS Palya to hesarghatta is awesomely scenic and smooth roads which roadies prefer. Even the trails are pretty tame and hybrids can easily take it.

Is there decent place to have breakfast and lunch over there?

No. If you are hitting the trails, carry some food with you. You will get lots of iyengar bakeries nearby though. You can of course ride to Yelahanka for good restaurants.

And we are intending to return by evening. So what are the possible things we can explore in and around Hessarghatta?

1. Roads to hesarghatta from MS Palya
2. Trails near the lake
3. Roads and trails around the IIHR
4. Roads towards Rajanakunte
5. Trails around Taj Kuteeram (Mostly open fields - Not recommended because of the heat)

Thanks

Amarnath

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details

Re: Hessarghatta ride Pavan 2/23/12 11:12 PM
Road to Hesaraghatta and around is super...especially if done in the
early morning.
Start by 5am from south BLR to get to Hesaraghatta by 8am approx.
If your planning to go trailing offroad anywhere around the lake on
into the lake bed...(which btw is awesome on an mtb)
do carry a puncture fixing kit with lots of patchs and spare tubes for
your wheels :)
Only possible place to get food (if in time for lunch), is this resort
on route back to MS Palya
Happy riding :)

On Feb 24, 10:05 am, Shankar Shastry <shanka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Answered in line
>
> I am planning to go for a Hessarghatta ride with my friends. We would
> like to know if its the right time to do it?
>
> It will be hot during this time of the year, but it will be hot everywhere
> in and around Bangalore so it doesn't matter.
>
> And how is the route to Hessarghatta? Is it doable on a hybrid?
>
> Yes. Definitely doable. The route from Gangamma circle/MS Palya to
> hesarghatta is awesomely scenic and smooth roads which roadies prefer. Even
> the trails are pretty tame and hybrids can easily take it.
>
> Is there decent place to have breakfast and lunch over there?
>
> No. If you are hitting the trails, carry some food with you. You will get
> lots of iyengar bakeries nearby though. You can of course ride to Yelahanka
> for good restaurants.
>
> And we are intending to return by evening. So what are the possible things
> we can explore in and around Hessarghatta?
>
> 1. Roads to hesarghatta from MS Palya
> 2. Trails near the lake
> 3. Roads and trails around the IIHR
> 4. Roads towards Rajanakunte
> 5. Trails around Taj Kuteeram (Mostly open fields - Not recommended because
> of the heat)
>
> Thanks

Re: [BBC] Re: Hessarghatta ride Shankar Shastry 2/23/12 11:30 PM
Which resort man? What route did you take to MS Palya from the lake?

Re: Hessarghatta ride Pavan 2/23/12 11:41 PM
Don't recall the name of the resort.
On the way back, about 8kms after the bakery at the junction, we
enquired with the locals
and they said there was this resort soon after an institution...where
we got to at about 3pm
and had whatever they could cook up at that time along with beer :)
Check Srinivethan's set of snaps...you will catch us fixing the last
puncture for the day :)

On Feb 24, 12:30 pm, Shankar Shastry <shanka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Which resort man? What route did you take to MS Palya from the lake?

Re: [BBC] Re: Hessarghatta ride Sree 2/23/12 11:43 PM
There are two places to have food near Hesaraghatta:

One is a small hotel inside Hesaraghatta town just as soon as you
enter, before the lake.

The other is the Poultry Development Organization's canteen, closed on
Sunday, after the lake.

--
Sreepathi Pai

Re: [BBC] Re: Hessarghatta ride Shankar Shastry 2/23/12 11:45 PM
The small hotel is near a bar yes. Had forgotten about that. Didn't know that public is allowed inside the canteen. Lets ride to hesarghatta on March 10 to check out this canteen :)
Re: Hessarghatta ride Pavan 2/24/12 12:02 AM
Ah...found it on the google map :)
It's The Sambhram Roost and is located after Dodda Byalakere and just
before the Lakshmipura cross

On Feb 24, 12:45 pm, Shankar Shastry <shanka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The small hotel is near a bar yes. Had forgotten about that. Didn't know
> that public is allowed inside the canteen. Lets ride to hesarghatta on
> March 10 to check out this canteen :)
>

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Sreepathi Pai <sree...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There are two places to have food near Hesaraghatta:
>
> > One is a small hotel inside Hesaraghatta town just as soon as you
> > enter, before the lake.
>
> > The other is the Poultry Development Organization's canteen, closed on
> > Sunday, after the lake.
>
> > On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Shankar Shastry <shanka...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Which resort man? What route did you take to MS Palya from the lake?
>
> > > On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Pavan Shetty <pavanshett...@gmail.com>

> > > --
> > > biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
>
> > > are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
> > > Visitwww.bangalorebicyclechampionships.comfor more details
>
> > --
> > Sreepathi Pai
Re: Hessarghatta ride Srinivethan 2/24/12 12:47 AM
@OP: It is definitely doable on a hybrid :D
But yeah be prepared for punctures