where to find interface kit assembly instructions?

1-13 von 13 Nachrichten werden angezeigt
where to find interface kit assembly instructions? Marcus Wolschon 20.11.12 23:59
I finally want to assembly the interface kit for my Thing-o-Matic in preparations for a move to the Sailfish firmware.

However
http://wiki.makerbot.com/thingomatic doesn't list the interface kit (just as it doesn't list the alternative toolheads) and search comes up with:
http://wiki.makerbot.com/mib1 -> http://www.makerbot.com/docs/makerbot-gen4-interface-kit/ -> 404

Where is that documentation gone?
Re: where to find interface kit assembly instructions? Marcus Wolschon 21.11.12 00:24

Found it in the history of that page (That wiki doesn't allow linking to a history version and the page is locked
like all interesting pages, so I can't revert it or fix the link.)
and a pdf (very small font. Missed it the first time).
The pdf speaks of an interface kit v.2 but doesn't mention how you find out if you have a v.1 (that obviously exists) or a v.2 .

Am Mittwoch, 21. November 2012 08:59:45 UTC+1 schrieb Marcus Wolschon:
Re: [MakerBot] Re: where to find interface kit assembly instructions? Sean Tu 21.11.12 08:29
The schematics and parts list is on Thingiverse.

Re: [MakerBot] Re: where to find interface kit assembly instructions? Ethan 21.11.12 11:34
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Sean Tu <sst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The schematics and parts list is on Thingiverse.
>
> http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6769

Thanks for the reminder.  I have a partially-finished homemade panel I
need to complete.

-ethan
unk...@googlegroups.com 21.11.12 12:05 <Diese Nachricht wurde gelöscht.>
Re: [MakerBot] Re: where to find interface kit assembly instructions? Marcus Wolschon 21.11.12 13:34
The pdf at Makerbot refers to some website about the Gen4 interface that no longer exists,
contains sentences that end prematurely and refers to some display cable to plug in...right
after soldering that cable, while assembling the case.
Also I have some parts left. 1 Bolt, 2 straight and 1 bend pin headers, one strange spacer.

Is it bad that some keys may be mounted rotated 180°?
I read that part about the numbers too late.

Marcus
unk...@googlegroups.com 21.11.12 13:42 <Diese Nachricht wurde gelöscht.>
Re: [MakerBot] Re: where to find interface kit assembly instructions? Marcus Wolschon 21.11.12 13:46
:(
So I'll have to bring a desolder-gun, next time I'm home.

Any way to check what keys are reversed using a multimeter?
How are 1-4 connected?

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Mark Cohen <markc...@gmail.com> wrote:
If the keys are rotated they may not work. Maybe always on or off.
I uploaded the PDF from makerbot to my thinigiverse thing. I didn't
see any issues.
The bent pin and straight pin headers are no longer used, just direct
solder without them.
I do not know about the bolt and spacer.

unk...@googlegroups.com 21.11.12 13:55 <Diese Nachricht wurde gelöscht.>
Re: [MakerBot] Re: where to find interface kit assembly instructions? Joseph Chiu 21.11.12 14:19
Are you talking about the Omron push-buttons or their equivalents?  If so, don't worry about rotating them.   The will always be shorted on if the circuit board was designed wrong in the first place, though.  (Sadly, I did that when I made my original Gen4 board from scratch.)
Re: [MakerBot] Re: where to find interface kit assembly instructions? Toybuilder (Joseph Chiu) 21.11.12 14:25
Gah. Noticed a typo and poor wording.  Let me try that again:

Are you talking about the Omron push-buttons or their equivalents?  If so, don't worry about getting the parts rotated 180 degrees.   These switches operate the same when rotated by 180 degrees -- and it's normally impossible to rate them by 90 or 270 degrees.

If it was possible to wire them rotated 90 or 270 degrees, then the switch would appear as a constant short or constant open (depending on which pins are wired) -- but that would be due to a mistake in the design of the board.  (Sadly, I made that very mistake on my first pass at making my own Gen4 LCD interface board.)
Re: [MakerBot] Re: where to find interface kit assembly instructions? Marcus Wolschon 21.11.12 21:29

90 and 270 degrees are not posible with the "MatherBox Gen4 Interface Board"
The snap into place in only 0 and 180° orientation.

I didn't open Thing-o-Matic "cable hell" yet to attach them to the main board.
Will do that today after work.

Marcus

Re: [MakerBot] Re: where to find interface kit assembly instructions? Marcus Wolschon 22.11.12 07:32
Just to confirm: all buttons in the "Makerbot Gen4 Interface Board" work fine even the ones that are inserted 180° rotated.
Next up: Firmware upgrade to Sailfish (to get a proper pause mode)