Convert from ED50 to WGS84 positions

1-3 von 3 Nachrichten werden angezeigt
Convert from ED50 to WGS84 positions Solan 08.12.09 05:28
Dear groupmemers,

I need to convert ED50 positions to WGS84. Has anyone written a matlab
function that can do that?

Nils Olav

Re: Convert from ED50 to WGS84 positions Rune Allnor 08.12.09 05:39

I wouldn't be surprised if the mapping toolbox
contains such routines.

Rune

Re: Convert from ED50 to WGS84 positions Rob Comer 12.12.09 15:33
Rune Allnor <all...@tele.ntnu.no> wrote in message <621d7f44-299a-496e-a019-5a5219833220@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>...

There is no Mapping Toolbox function to do the transformation in a single step, but the toolbox can help. The basic procedure is to:

1. Use the geodetic2ecef function with the ED50 reference ellipsoid to convert from ED50 latitude, longitude, and elllipsoidal height to X, Y, and Z in the corresponding earth-centered, earth-fixed geocentric system.

2. Apply a Helmert ("seven-parameter") transformation to transform X, Y, and Z to a WGS84 geocentric system. This is easy to code, but you'll need to look up a set of parameters somewhere (or fit them yourself if you have appropriate truth data).

3. Use the ecef2geodetic function with the WGS84 reference ellipsoid to convert from WGS84 X, Y, Z to WGS84 latitude, longitude, and ellipsoidal height.

Rob Comer
Mapping Toolbox Development
The MathWorks, Inc.