Convert from ED50 to WGS84 positions

1-5 von 5 Nachrichten werden angezeigt
Convert from ED50 to WGS84 positions Solan 08.12.09 05:28
Dear groupmemers,

I need to convert ED50 positions to WGS84. Has anyone written a matlab
function that can do that?

Nils Olav

Re: Convert from ED50 to WGS84 positions Rune Allnor 08.12.09 05:39

I wouldn't be surprised if the mapping toolbox
contains such routines.

Rune

Re: Convert from ED50 to WGS84 positions Rob Comer 12.12.09 15:33
Rune Allnor <all...@tele.ntnu.no> wrote in message <621d7f44-299a-496e-a019-5a5219833220@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>...

There is no Mapping Toolbox function to do the transformation in a single step, but the toolbox can help. The basic procedure is to:

1. Use the geodetic2ecef function with the ED50 reference ellipsoid to convert from ED50 latitude, longitude, and elllipsoidal height to X, Y, and Z in the corresponding earth-centered, earth-fixed geocentric system.

2. Apply a Helmert ("seven-parameter") transformation to transform X, Y, and Z to a WGS84 geocentric system. This is easy to code, but you'll need to look up a set of parameters somewhere (or fit them yourself if you have appropriate truth data).

3. Use the ecef2geodetic function with the WGS84 reference ellipsoid to convert from WGS84 X, Y, Z to WGS84 latitude, longitude, and ellipsoidal height.

Rob Comer
Mapping Toolbox Development
The MathWorks, Inc.

Re: Convert from ED50 to WGS84 positions Aolun Zhou 27.01.16 02:42
"Rob Comer" <rob.come...@mathworks.com> wrote in message <hg1987$f90$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
This looks like a perfect way, but what is the ED50 reference ellipsoid?  The reference ellipsoid class doesn't have ED50 in its list, and Ed50 was reported as error when I simply typed in.
Re: Convert from ED50 to WGS84 positions Rob Comer 28.01.16 08:37
"Aolun Zhou" wrote in message <n8a6tr$tv$1...@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
ED50 uses the International 1924 ellipsoid. For example, see:

http://georepository.com/datum_6230/European-Datum-1950.html

In Mapping Toolbox, use:  referenceEllipsoid('International 1924')