ColumnSlice Format

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
ColumnSlice Format Tamil selvan R.S 9/18/12 1:13 AM
How to achieve this using phpcassa

new ColumnSlice(array("a", '', 'b'), array("a", '', 'b'))

First Component should equal a
Second Component can be anything
Third Component should equal b

Is there a way to do this in cassandra first of all? As of my understanding on composite types the above should be possible

Regards,
Tamil

Re: [phpcassa] ColumnSlice Format Tyler Hobbs 9/18/12 8:30 AM
Cassandra does not support that, because it would require reading multiple non-contiguous slices from the row.  An easy way to remember whether or not something is supported with composite columns is to remember that it always has to be a contiguous slice.--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax

Re: [phpcassa] ColumnSlice Format Rob C 10/24/12 7:41 AM
Is there a way to only do this logic? I cannot figure out the code to perform even something like this.

new ColumnSlice(array("a", ''), array("a", ''))

First Component should equal a
Second Component can be anything

Re: [phpcassa] ColumnSlice Format Rob C 10/24/12 8:02 AM
I'm sorry, I want something of this nature ... a range slice, not a column slice

$ColumnFamily->get_range(array('a', ''), array('a', ''),

Using the composite key_validation_class, of course.
Re: [phpcassa] ColumnSlice Format Tyler Hobbs 10/24/12 8:59 AM
That type of range query only works if you're using an order preserving partitioner, which you're hopefully not using.--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax