Static link for the Featured video on the channel

Showing 1-17 of 17 messages
Static link for the Featured video on the channel web inspirar 11/17/11 10:54 AM
Hi guys, first, sorry for my bad english.

I come to ask if the featured video on my channel has or can get an static link, because i want to show it on my front page, and ever when i change the featured link on the channel, it need to change in my front page too. If it is not possible, anyone know one way to make this work?

PS.:My site is build on wordpress.
Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel Jeffrey Posnick 11/18/11 8:54 AM
Hello,

 The featured video for a given channel can be retrieved from the
owner's profile entry. E.g.

  https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/GoogleDevelopers?v=2&prettyprint=true

will contain the featured video for the GoogleDevelopers channel; it's
in the following element

  <link rel='http://gdata.youtube.com/schemas/2007#featured-video'
type='application/atom+xml' href='https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/
videos/QE5KOfjKLy0?v=2'/

(the featured video's id is 'QE5KOfjKLy0').

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
groups.google.com/group/youtube-api-gdata | apiblog.youtube.com |
@YouTubeDev

On Nov 17, 1:54 pm, web inspirar <estudio...@inspirarideias.com.br>
wrote:
Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel keith 4/2/12 8:49 AM
Hi,

Is this information no longer valid? The example given does not contain the '#featured-video' tag, and neither can I find any other example of a users upload or profile feed which contains this link tag.

Thanks,
Keith

(PS: apologies if this message is duplicated, my browser crashed on previous submission)
Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel Jeffrey Posnick 4/4/12 12:28 PM
Hello Keith,

 The featured video information has temporarily gone missing from the
API—I've confirmed that this is a bug and the engineering team is
working to get it re-added.

On Apr 2, 11:49 am, keiff <keith.lawre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is this information no longer valid? The example given does not contain the
> '#featured-video' tag, and neither can I find any other example of a users
> upload or profile feed which contains this link tag.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith
>
> (PS: apologies if this message is duplicated, my browser crashed on
> previous submission)
>

> On Friday, November 18, 2011 4:54:42 PM UTC, Jeffrey Posnick wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> >  The featured video for a given channel can be retrieved from the
> > owner's profile entry. E.g.
>
> >https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/GoogleDevelopers?v=2&pretty...
>
> > will contain the featured video for the GoogleDevelopers channel; it's
> > in the following element
>
> >   <link rel='http://gdata.youtube.com/schemas/2007#featured-video'
> > type='application/atom+xml' href='https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/
> > videos/QE5KOfjKLy0?v=2'/<https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos/QE5KOfjKLy0?v=2'/>>
Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel keith 4/13/12 3:04 AM
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. Is there a bug tracking database where I can keep an eye on this one? I've taken a look but can't see anything.

Cheers,
Keith
Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel Jeffrey Posnick 4/17/12 2:41 PM
Hello Keith,

 I've got an internal bug open with the team, and will update this
thread when it's resolved.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
groups.google.com/group/youtube-api-gdata | apiblog.youtube.com |
@YouTubeDev

Re: [YouTube-API] Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel keith 4/18/12 3:03 AM
Great, thanks Jeff!

Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel Scotty Brown 4/28/12 10:30 AM
Thanks Jeff... looking forward to a resolution!
Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel Uri Lazar 5/7/12 4:23 AM
Hi Jeff,
Any updates on this?
Any other way of getting the featured video of a specific channel?
Thanks,
Uri
Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel Jeffrey Posnick 5/7/12 1:44 PM
Hello Uri,

 Sorry, no, but I just pinged the bug again asking for an update and
reminding the engineering team about how many developers this is
affecting.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
groups.google.com/group/youtube-api-gdata | apiblog.youtube.com |
@YouTubeDev

Re: [YouTube-API] Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel keith 5/24/12 6:40 AM
Hi Jeff,

Just wondering if there's been any resolution on this issue?

Thanks,
Keith

Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel kina99 5/24/12 10:15 AM
Also, as a member can have more than one featured video, do they all
appear in their profile or are these listed elsewhere in gdata ?

Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel Jeffrey Posnick 5/25/12 1:21 PM
Hello,

 No resolution yet. There are some wheels turning internally, though.
Sorry again about how drawn out this has been.

 My understanding is that only one featured video can be returned via
the API.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
groups.google.com/group/youtube-api-gdata | apiblog.youtube.com |
@YouTubeDev

Re: [YouTube-API] Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel keith 7/17/12 3:31 AM
Hello,

Just bumping this thread to see if perhaps there had been any resolution to the issue?

Cheers,
Keith

Re: [YouTube-API] Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel Jeffrey Posnick 7/25/12 2:36 PM
Hello Keith,

 I just sent another *ping* urging the relevant folks to resolve the issue. I'm sorry about how long this is taking.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
Re: [YouTube-API] Re: Static link for the Featured video on the channel Jeffrey Posnick 8/20/12 2:57 PM
Hello Klemen,

 No, nothing. Sorry, again.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
YouTube Developer Relations is hiring! developers.google.com/jobs

On Friday, August 17, 2012 4:57:31 AM UTC-4, Klemen Tušar wrote:
Anything new on this? :/
unk...@googlegroups.com 10/23/12 1:10 PM <This message has been deleted.>