YT api JSON-C version, does not have a representation of the <yt:hd> flag as the documentation indicates??

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
YT api JSON-C version, does not have a representation of the <yt:hd> flag as the documentation indicates?? tvpmb 3/7/12 8:59 AM
So I'm trying to understand why the XML api response has the <yt:hd/> tag, but the same search using the JSON-C response doesn't indicate this??

JSON (no yt:hd)

XML (has yt:hd)

Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Matt
Re: YT api JSON-C version, does not have a representation of the <yt:hd> flag as the documentation indicates?? Jeffrey Posnick 3/12/12 11:44 AM
Hello Matt,

 It's not. There isn't full parity between what the alt=jsonc and Atom
verbose alt=json response and the Atom response, so you could get that
value using alt=json.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
groups.google.com/group/youtube-api-gdata | apiblog.youtube.com |
@YouTubeDev

On Mar 7, 12:59 pm, tvpmb <mbabin...@tvpage.com> wrote:
> So I'm trying to understand why the XML api response has the <yt:hd/> tag,
> but the same search using the JSON-C response doesn't indicate this??
>
> JSON (no yt:hd)https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?v=2&alt=jsonc&format=5&q=i...
>
> XML (has yt:hd)https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?v=2&format=5&q=immortals%2...
Re: YT api JSON-C version, does not have a representation of the <yt:hd> flag as the documentation indicates?? Jeff Yen 6/21/12 6:28 PM
Hi Jeff,

I just ran into this problem (again, I'd forgotten about it after dealing with it before) today, requiring me to switch over one of my services (and all the attendant data parsing... whew) to use the alt=json feed, versus alt=jsonc.

I'm curious whether there are any plans to add this flag into the JSON-C feed -- particularly since the old JSON feed is "officially" deprecated -- as I would think (perhaps in error) that it is a fairly essential data bit for youtube video.

Thanks!
-Jeff
Re: YT api JSON-C version, does not have a representation of the <yt:hd> flag as the documentation indicates?? Jeffrey Posnick 6/22/12 10:47 AM
Hello Jeff,

 There aren't any plans to add new fields to the alt=jsonc response. We recently removed the section of the JSON-C documentation page saying that it should be used for all new development—it looks like there will always be some reasons to use alt=json, because the two formats are never going to reach full parity.