Yesod App not having permission, even though Keter is started with sudo/root

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Yesod App not having permission, even though Keter is started with sudo/root Christian Laustsen 12/13/12 5:19 AM
At reguest, I'm moving my question/problem here. You can see the original stackoverflow question here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13779549/host-name-not-recognized-error/1378118

So, I'm apparently in a bit of weird situation, I'll try to describe it as best I can.

I'm trying to use Keter to deploy my Yesod App, but when doing so, nothing appears at the url for it, other than,

Welcome to Keter

The hostname you have provided, 127.0.0.1:3000, is not recognized.
Under further investigation, I found out that Keter was trying to restart the process all the time (because it was failing), I then checked the error log from the app itself, and it in was the following (my app being HsCMS),

HsCMS: user error (SQLite3 returned ErrorCan'tOpen while attempting to perform open "HsCMS_production.sqlite3".)
This would seem to have something to do with permissions. This happens when starting keter with sudo (even tried starting as root), but it doesn't happen if i go into /opt/keter/temp and do ./dist/build/HsCMS/HsCMS from there. So, is this a bug with keter (which i doubt) or am i doing something wrong? Shouldn't sudo be enough to give permissions to keter?

If you need any config info, info on permissions in the folder, or anything else, I'm happy to provide it (also, the whole app is on github at https://github.com/Tehnix/HsCMS so you can check it out yourself).

Thanks in advance!
Re: [Yesod] Yesod App not having permission, even though Keter is started with sudo/root Michael Snoyman 12/13/12 8:34 PM
I tried this locally, and I didn't get any error reports. So let's try to figure out what's different:

* How are you launching Keter?
* What are the owner and permissions on /opt/keter and /opt/keter/incoming?

Michael
Re: [Yesod] Yesod App not having permission, even though Keter is started with sudo/root Christian Laustsen 1/7/13 1:09 AM
Hey, sorry for taking so long to actually respond.

I seems the problem was with me supidly having set setuid to user in the config file, which then caused it to not have permissions -.-

I'm gonna accept your stackoverflow answer still though, since you helped me narrow it down to this.

Many thanks for the attention and help! It's great to see an author of the application actually taking interest in helping people out :)

Sincerely Christian