Toggling USB Debug Automatically?

Showing 1-10 of 10 messages
Toggling USB Debug Automatically? Martín Alejandro Gomez 5/12/11 6:39 AM
Hi!

Is it possible for Tasker to turn this setting on / off at will with
some action / command? I'd like that in certain applications it would
enabled automatically.

I think the latest update of AutoRun Manager does this (with some root
access). I bought it and until the previous version, it would prompt
that the setting was disabled. Seeing the changelog for the recently
released version (yesterday or such), it says that now it handles
automatically this setting, and I think its turning it on on demand,
because I get a new su request (two now, before was one) when an
action that requires that is executed.

So... is this possible today or will it ever be?

Thanks!
Re: Toggling USB Debug Automatically? Martín Alejandro Gomez 5/12/11 7:27 AM
On added info, if I enable USB Debug manually, AutoRun only prompts
one time. If it's disabled, it prompts two times. So, I'm pretty much
sure that it's toggling it on and off by itself ;)

On May 12, 10:39 am, Martín Alejandro Gomez <martingomez...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Re: Toggling USB Debug Automatically? Pent 5/12/11 9:12 AM
> On added info, if I enable USB Debug manually, AutoRun only prompts
> one time. If it's disabled, it prompts two times. So, I'm pretty much
> sure that it's toggling it on and off by itself ;)

There's nothing in the Android API, so presumably they are writing a
file somewhere. I don't know where it is though.

Pent
Re: Toggling USB Debug Automatically? Martín Alejandro Gomez 5/12/11 4:14 PM
Ahg bummer! That would be awesome!

Thanks for your answer
Re: Toggling USB Debug Automatically? Pent 5/13/11 1:09 AM
> Ahg bummer! That would be awesome!

I looked a bit further and found it was a secure setting called
ADB_ENABLED. It's possible secure settings can be changed with root,
will look into it sometime.

Pent
Re: Toggling USB Debug Automatically? Darren McConachie 4/10/12 5:25 AM
Pent, did you ever figure a way to toggle USB Debuging?
Re: Toggling USB Debug Automatically? Matthieu Berthomé 4/10/12 5:32 AM
Tasker can do it through Secure Settings plugin
http://www.intangibleobject.com/
But you need to be root though
Re: Toggling USB Debug Automatically? Darren McConachie 4/10/12 5:58 AM
Thanks Matthieu, I hadn't enabled SS Helper!
Steven Porteous 4/2/13 6:53 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Toggling USB Debug Automatically? Steven Porteous 4/2/13 10:56 AM
How can I give my computer an ID? Got Usb debugging set up using Wifi home connected,what I want though is somehow name my computer and check again that name in order to turn USB debugging on,

Thanks in advance