2.6 release process : January 15, 2013

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
2.6 release process : January 15, 2013 Marc Laporte 1/6/13 8:30 AM
Chance & Jordan & all:

A new year, a new version of SVG-edit :-)

At the last conference call, we agreed to release 2.6 on January 15, 2013:
https://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/wiki/CommunityConferenceCall

All the "NeededFor=2.6" tickets have been resolved:
https://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/issues/list?can=1&q=NeededFor%3D2.6&colspec=ID+Type+Status+Priority+NeededFor+Browser+Owner+Summary&cells=tiles
I hope more translations will come in, but it seems nothing is
stopping us from going ahead with the packaging.

Chance & Jordan were "volunteered" :-)  to act as release
coordinators. Are you still up for it?  Anyone else want to help?

Here is what we have as documentation:
https://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/wiki/DevelopmentProcess#Release but
it could be incomplete and a great opportunity to make very explicit

For 2.3 and 2.4 (but not 2.5), we had Opera Widget (.wgt) and Firefox
Extension (.xpi). Do we still want/need this?
https://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/downloads/list

What do you think?

Best regards,

--
Marc Laporte

http://MarcLaporte.com
http://Tiki.org/MarcLaporte
http://AvanTech.net
http://svg-edit.googlecode.com
http://jquerysheet.googlecode.com
http://sourceforge.net/p/jcapture-applet/
Re: 2.6 release process : January 15, 2013 Jordan Mendler 1/6/13 9:47 PM
Marc,

Sorry about never following up. I've been insanely busy trying to get one of our products out the door. It would probably be more productive for this release if there is someone closer to the code to cut the release (I don't think I even have commit access right now, since we've been working off of an internal branch).

Who did the last release? If noone else wants to volunteer, I can have one of our employees reach out to them to get it done.

Jordan

________________________
Jordan Mendler
The Veloz Group
The Veloz Group
President & Chief Technology Officer
jordan@thevelozgroup.com
www.thevelozgroup.com

Re: 2.6 release process : January 15, 2013 Marc Laporte 1/7/13 4:10 PM
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Jordan Mendler wrote:

> Marc,
>
> Sorry about never following up. I've been insanely busy trying to get one of our products out the door. It would probably be more productive for this release if there is someone closer to the code to cut the release

OK, let's see who is available.

Yes, you do: http://code.google.com/u/jordanmendler/

> Who did the last release?

Probably Jeff. We can ask questions if we are stuck, but we need new
people to take the lead this time.

> If noone else wants to volunteer, I can have one of our employees reach out to them to get it done.

Ok, so we are looking for a developer to work with Chance.

Thanks and best regards,

M ;-)

> Jordan
>

> ________________________
>
> Jordan Mendler
>

> The Veloz Group
> President & Chief Technology Officer
>
> jor...@thevelozgroup.com
Re: 2.6 release process : January 15, 2013 Marc Laporte 1/16/13 7:41 AM
Hi everyone!

Please test 2.6 from here: https://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/downloads/list

Unless anyone reports some issues, the public announcements will go out shortly.

Thank you Ahmad for the packaging!

M ;-)
Re: 2.6 release process : January 15, 2013 Robert 1/16/13 9:15 AM
Woohoo!Robert Plummer