Release of Version 2.7

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Release of Version 2.7 Brett Zamir 4/6/14 10:17 PM
Hi all,

Version 2.7 is now officially released through the repository:

    http://svg-edit.googlecode.com/svn/branches/2.7/
    OR
    http://svg-edit.googlecode.com/svn/branches/stable/

Editor demos:
    http://svg-edit.googlecode.com/svn/branches/2.7/editor/svg-editor.html
    OR
    http://svg-edit.googlecode.com/svn/branches/stable/editor/svg-editor.html

New features:
    https://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/#New_in_2.7

As per http://google-opensource.blogspot.hk/2013/05/a-change-to-google-code-download-service.html , Google Projects will no longer allow adding of downloads so the latest zip is not available on the Downloads tab of the project, though we might try to do this through Google Drive. (I emailed whoever possesses svg...@gmail.com to see if we could share this account for the sake of publishing downloads through it to Google Drive). In the meantime, I committed the zip version of 2.7:

    http://svg-edit.googlecode.com/svn/branches/2.7/build/svg-edit-2.7.zip
    OR
    http://svg-edit.googlecode.com/svn/branches/stable/build/svg-edit-2.7.zip

Please note that I replaced the "stable" SVN tag with a new "stable" branch which I figured we can keep updated with the latest stable version going forward (since tags are supposed to be used for snapshots in time).

I'm not sure why the unit tests are not showing up on the server, but they are working for me locally (well, the jquery-svg and path tests don't have any working tests, and a file was missing from the history text which I committed to trunk, but it is now passing).

As far as the wiki pages and issues, I've updated the wiki pages related to versions and releases and changed the issues with the "NeededFor-2.7" label to use a new label, "NeededFor-newversion" since I don't think we have the resources to commit to getting any specific features achieved by a particular version. We still have the label "NeededFor-Future" for to-dos later into the future (and on top of that, plenty of other issues which have not been labeled).

Best wishes,
Brett

Re: Release of Version 2.7 Waldir Pimenta 4/7/14 12:50 AM
Awesome work, Brett! One comment: I don't think the info from https://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/wiki/VersionHistory should have been removed, as that page keeps the historical changelogs for each version. Why not just copying to the main page? Why is moving better for maintainability?
Re: Release of Version 2.7 Brett Zamir 4/7/14 1:15 AM
On 4/7/2014 3:50 PM, Waldir Pimenta wrote:
Awesome work, Brett!

Thanks!

One comment: I don't think the info from https://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/wiki/VersionHistory should have been removed, as that page keeps the historical changelogs for each version. Why not just copying to the main page? Why is moving better for maintainability?

Ok, sure. I just thought that it would minimize cases where someone would forget to correct some info in one place or the other, but no problem either way. I am out the door now, but I should be able to revert that all back later my evening.

Best,
Brett

On Monday, April 7, 2014 6:17:07 AM UTC+1, Brett Zamir wrote:
[...]

Re: Release of Version 2.7 Waldir Pimenta 4/7/14 2:39 PM
Perhaps the main page could just list a summary of the main features, linking to the VersionHistory page for the full details. That would solve the sync issue.
Re: Release of Version 2.7 Brett Zamir 4/7/14 7:29 PM
Done! Thanks!

Brett