new release: 4.0.0 is now available

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
new release: 4.0.0 is now available sandro furieri 11/25/12 11:45 AM
Hi List,

I'm glad to announce you all that version 4.0.0 (STABLE) has just
been released.
https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/index

you are warmly invited to carefully read the accompanying doc,
because v.4.0.0 introduces many relevant changes:
https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/wiki?name=switching-to-4.0

----
the pre-built Windows binaries (x86, 32 bit) supporting both liblwgeom
and GEOS-3.4.0-trunk are available for download from here:
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/windows-bin-x86/

please note: updated versions of spatialite_gis and LibreAtlas aren't
yet available and would be released during the next few days.

----
pre-built binaries supporting Win64 (x86_64 aka AMD64) are available from here:
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/windows-bin-amd64/

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Win64 binaries are very prone to suffer some unexpected
crash; the cause is surely related to the GEOS library, and unhappily at the
current date a stable version of libgeos safely running on Win64 seems to be
unavailable.

YOU ARE WARNED: use Win64 binaries at your risk, and only for experimental
or testing purposes.
and always use Win32 on any serious production environment.

bye Sandro

Re: [SpatiaLite-Users] new release: 4.0.0 is now available alexbruy 11/25/12 11:57 AM
Hi Sandro,

great work! Many thanks for this feature-rich version. Is there any
plans to update SpatiaLite provider in QGIS to support new version?
AFAIK, currently QGIS provider stick with SpatiaLite 2.x

2012/11/25 sandro furieri <a.fu...@lqt.it>:
Thanks
--
Alexander Bruy
Re: [SpatiaLite-Users] new release: 4.0.0 is now available sandro furieri 11/25/12 12:01 PM
On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 21:57:23 +0200, Alexander Bruy wrote:
> Is there any plans to update SpatiaLite provider in QGIS to support
> new version?

Surely yes; the QGIS data-provider will be updated in the next few
days.
(I'm currently testing the final adjustements)

bye Sandro

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'

Re: new release: 4.0.0 is now available Andrea Peri 11/25/12 12:08 PM
This is a great new in a great week end. :)

Alessandro, what version of Geos has used in the available dll and CLI executable for windows 32 bit ?

Thx,
Andrea.
Re: new release: 4.0.0 is now available Andrea Peri 11/25/12 12:11 PM
Hi Sandro,

I see your response to AlexBruy just now.

>the pre-built Windows binaries (x86, 32 bit) supporting both liblwgeom
>and GEOS-3.4.0-trunk are available for download from here:
>http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/windows-bin-x86/

This is what I need to know.

Good news.

Regards,

Andrea.
Re: [SpatiaLite-Users] new release: 4.0.0 is now available Noli Sicad 11/25/12 1:59 PM
Hi Sandro,

>> Is there any plans to update SpatiaLite provider in QGIS to support
>> new version?
>>

> Surely yes; the QGIS data-provider will be updated in the next few
> days.
> (I'm currently testing the final adjustements)

Thanks for this new release 4.0.0.

Looking forward for the updated Spatilalite QGIS data-provider that
works with 4.0.0.

Thanks.

Noli
Re: new release: 4.0.0 is now available mj10777 11/25/12 8:09 PM
On the page: https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/wiki?name=switching-to-4.0
>> (if this actually happens should be considered as a serious bug, and will be immediately reported asking for any required corrective action)

- add the word 'it' between 'happens' and  'should'
- the word 'will' should be replaced with the word 'should'

Thank you for the 'very last minute upgrades'.

Mark
Re: new release: 4.0.0 is now available Charlie Sharpsteen 12/4/12 8:42 PM

On Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:45:28 AM UTC-8, sandro furieri wrote:
Hi List,

I'm glad to announce you all that version 4.0.0 (STABLE) has just
been released.
https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/index

you are warmly invited to carefully read the accompanying doc,
because v.4.0.0 introduces many relevant changes:
https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/wiki?name=switching-to-4.0

libspatialite 4.0.0, spatialite-tools 4.0.0 and spatialite-gui 1.6.0 are now all available as `--devel` options from the Homebrew package manager for OS X. The devel build of libspatialite also supports liblwgeom through the `--with-lwgeom` option.

Even though the 4.x releases are stable, we will keep them as `--devel` options until GDAL and QGIS catch up with stable releases that support the new API.

-Charlie