Continuous Integration of Module by using Travis

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Continuous Integration of Module by using Travis Yuki Awano 8/10/12 12:28 AM
Hi,

I've setup continuous integration of our content personalization module on GSoC (yukiawano/sscpmodule) at http://travis-ci.org/#!/yukiawano/sscpmodule .

As far as I know, there was no post about how to setup Travis for testing a module.
I wrote a blog post about how to setup it by using my example.
You can check it from the link below.

P.S.
This url is version specific, and I need to change the url when the new version of cms is released.
Is there a permanent download link of the latest cms?

Best regards,
Yuki
Re: [silverstripe-dev] Continuous Integration of Module by using Travis Ingo Schommer 8/10/12 12:46 AM
Got CI running *and* documented its setup nicely? You rock! :)
I would suggest you check out from github, assuming the travis environment has git binaries (quite likely).
See http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/installation/from-source#option-2-installation-for-contributions

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Continuous Integration of Module by using Travis Yuki Awano 8/10/12 9:40 AM
Hi Ingo,

Thank you!

I changed the script to download the latest version of CMS from the repositories.

Thanks again,
Yuki

2012年8月10日金曜日 16時46分17秒 UTC+9 Ingo Schommer:
Re: [silverstripe-dev] Continuous Integration of Module by using Travis Sam Minnée 8/13/12 8:11 PM
Yeah, this is really great.

Now that it has support for pull request testing, I wonder if we should set up Travis for the framework and CMS in a similar way.  The travis config for framework can test the framework standalone, and for cms can test with the cms included.

I'd suggest that we test using in-memory SQLite so as not to completely hose the Travis servers, and to keep it useful for rapid feedback on pull requests.

We can test both PHP 5.3 and PHP 5.4.  It'll be Linux-only, but that's fine.

What do we think?  Suitable for inclusion in core?
Re: [silverstripe-dev] Continuous Integration of Module by using Travis Sam Minnée 8/13/12 9:54 PM
OK, after discussing it with Hamish I've put up a prototype just for the framework.

You can see the results here:
http://travis-ci.org/#!/silverstripe/sapphire

Tests run on SQLite, take 5 minutes, and are PHP 5.3 only at the moment.

Next time we have a pull request on framework we'll see how that goes. :-)