Next meetup

Showing 1-12 of 12 messages
Next meetup Pere Villega 4/16/13 1:37 PM
Ok, there's been a bit of confusion and meetup site doesn't seem the best place to organise this, so...

RECAP: we want to do a meeting focussed on Akka. Anyone with experience with it (any level) that wants to talk about it, please let us know, so we can schedule it

PLACE: no place decided yet. TCube was proposed but we would need to contact them. If anyone knows of other venues, please let us know

RSVP/TIME: to be able to decide on a time that suits most of us (and given that April 30th seems to clash with several other events), please say which days suit you best (we will try to accommodate as many people as possible)

Re: Next meetup Pere Villega 4/16/13 1:41 PM
I won't be able on the week of the 30th, so it would be any week of May for me.

I can talk about Akka from an introductory level, never used it in production but I've played with it a lot...
Re: Next meetup Alan Larkin 4/16/13 3:00 PM
May is fine with me.
I'll ask around for a venue aswell,

Alan

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:37:34 PM UTC+1, Pere Villega wrote:
Re: Next meetup ugo.mat...@gmail.com 4/16/13 10:08 PM
Hi,

every day in May is fine for me. Let's try to not push this to July because I will be OFF 2 weeks there :p

I can rework my notes on actor using Akka (I think I'll do it anyway) and present them if anyone is interested.

Let me know,
Ugo
Re: Next meetup Alan Larkin 4/17/13 11:54 AM
So TCUBE seems to be available on May 8th. (see meetup comments).
Does that suit you guys ?

Alan

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:37:34 PM UTC+1, Pere Villega wrote:
Re: Next meetup Pere Villega 4/17/13 1:30 PM
8th of May fine, seems we have place at TCube, just sent an email to Barry to confirm and talk about it.

That's ok for you, Alan?
Re: Next meetup Alan Larkin 4/17/13 1:50 PM
8th is perfect.  Looking forward to it.

Alan
Re: Next meetup Alan Larkin 4/17/13 1:58 PM
Pere & Ugo might be an idea to stick a one liner in the meetup desc. with your name and the topic of your talk.
I think we should also leave a line calling out for more speakers. Just in case someone else want to speak.

Alan
Re: Next meetup Pere Villega 4/18/13 1:41 PM
we are talking by mail to decide exactly what to talk about :) I added a note in the meetup "board" in case someone else wants to join and talk. Once we know something will try to update it.

Want to join and speak about something, Alan? ;)
Re: Next meetup Alan Larkin 4/19/13 7:56 AM
I haven't done any work with AKKA, but its something I'm interested in, so I'm coming along to speed learn from you guys :)

I think the guys @workday are using akka in production, So maybe we could try get someone from there to give a talk.

Alan
Re: Next meetup Alan Larkin 4/19/13 9:19 AM
Hey guys,

I mailed fergal at workday and they would be happy to add another speaker for the night aswell :)

Alan
Re: [Scala Enthusiasts Dublin] 184 Re: Next meetup Pere Villega 4/19/13 12:25 PM
Great, will try to contact him so we can coordinate with Ugo and myself.