Words ending in gry

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Words ending in gry Lisa Marie Taylor 9/22/96 12:00 AM

I work at a public library.  We have had about 50 people call and ask for
3 words in the English language which end in -gry.  Any suggestions?

Words ending in gry Andrew DeWeerd 9/22/96 12:00 AM

On 22 Sep 1996, Lisa Marie Taylor wrote:

> I work at a public library.  We have had about 50 people call and ask for
> 3 words in the English language which end in -gry.  Any suggestions?

Yes.  They are angry, hungry, and hangry.  The last word, although not
often used in current English, describes the person who is so hungry he
becomes angry.  Tell your callers this and they probably won't call back
with any other questions.

                /* ANDREW DEWEERD */
                /* Andrew_W...@ccmail.orl.mmc.com */
                #include <stddisclaimer.h>

Words ending in gry Mike Naylor 9/23/96 12:00 AM

lta...@ocean.st.usm.edu (Lisa Marie Taylor) wrote:
>I work at a public library.  We have had about 50 people call and ask for
>3 words in the English language which end in -gry.  Any suggestions?

I e-mailed her a copy of the rec.puzzles archive entry on "GRY", which is
over 350 lines long. That should do it!

Mike Naylor - Play 5 X 5 Poker at http://www.serve.com/games/

Words ending in gry TheScooper 9/23/96 12:00 AM

Yes. This is the oldest trivia question in the book.

angry
hungry
gry

Gry is an old unit of measurement, if i remember correctly. In OED.