Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: Java heap space problem

Showing 1-3 of 4 messages
Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: Java heap space problem Bizmate.biz 5/15/11 4:58 PM
Hi all

I have searched a solution for this problem everywhere, google, irc
channel and stackoverflow but none of the changes i tried worked.
Basically for some season my Phone Gap sample project on Eclipse,
android/ADT built gives me this error

[2011-05-16 00:44:04 - Dex Loader] Unable to execute dex: Java heap
space
[2011-05-16 00:44:04 - App] Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable
to execute dex: Java heap space

A popup comes up suggesting to shut down the workspace.

To fix the problem i tried the following
http://www.cuteandroid.com/tips-for-android-developer-conversion-to-dalvik-format-failed-unable-to-execute-dex-null

1) adding the vm line in the eclipse.ini
2) increase the memory allocation in eclipse ini ---> -Xms128m
-Xmx512m
3) remove and re-add the phoneGap jar as a library import.

The above did not work and anytime i import the jar or add it as an
external library to the project then i get this error. This happens at
the end of the "building workspace" operation.
Has anyone experienced the same problem and can suggest how to fix it?

Thanks
Re: Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: Java heap space problem Mahadevan 6/20/11 12:18 AM
Hi,
 I am also facing this issue.
I have increased Eclipse heap size, jvm -xx parameters  to 1024 but
still getting the error.
I was able to succeed one time by selecting Wipe User data on the
Launch Options. Now again getting the same error.

Regards
Maha

On May 16, 4:58 am, "Bizmate.biz" <diegogu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have searched a solution for this problem everywhere, google, irc
> channel and stackoverflow but none of the changes i tried worked.
> Basically for some season my Phone Gap sample project on Eclipse,
> android/ADT built gives me this error
>
> [2011-05-16 00:44:04 -DexLoader]Unabletoexecutedex:Javaheapspace
> [2011-05-16 00:44:04 - App]ConversiontoDalvikformatfailed:Unable
> toexecutedex:Javaheapspace
>
> A popup comes up suggesting to shut down the workspace.
>
> To fix the problem i tried the followinghttp://www.cuteandroid.com/tips-for-android-developer-conversion-to-d...
Re: Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: Java heap space problem AndroidNewbie 8/9/11 10:44 PM
To fix the problem i tried the following
http://www.cuteandroid.com/tips-for-android-developer-conversion-to-d...

The post has two methods to over come this issue.  Try the second
method it worked for me.

Another way to solve the ” Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable
to execute dex: null” problem is using the user library, the concrete
steps are as follows:

1. Right-click the project in Eclipse and select “Build Path -> Add
Libraries…”.
2. Select User Library from the list and click Next.
3. Click the “User Libraries…” button.
4. Click “New…” in the User Libraries dialog.
5. Give the user library a name and select the System library checkbox
and click OK.
6. Highlight the newly added user library in the list and click the
“Add JARs…” button and add the desired jar files.
7. Click OK on the User Libraries dialog.
8. Make sure the new user library is checked in the Add Library dialog
and …