cassandra performance

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
cassandra performance 张刚 3/24/13 2:15 AM
Hello,
I am new to Cassandra.I do some test on a single machine. I install Cassandra with a binary tarball distribution.
I create a CF to store the data that get from MySQL. The CF has the same fields as the table in MySQL. So it looks like a table.
I do the same select from the CF in Cassandra and the table in MySQL,and I find the processing time of MySQL is better than Cassandra.
So,I wander what are the advantages of Cassandra compare MySQL and how to improve the performance of Cassandra.
Is this the right way to use Cassandra.

Re: cassandra performance dong.yajun 3/24/13 4:40 AM
Hello,

 I'd suggest you to take look at the difference between Nosql and RDMS.

Best,
--
Ric Dong

Re: cassandra performance cem 3/24/13 4:43 AM
Hi,

Could you provide some other details about your schema design and queries? It is very hard to tell anything.

Regards,
Cem
Re: cassandra performance 张刚 3/24/13 5:21 AM
For example,each row represent a job record,it has fields like "user","site","CPUTime","datasize","JobType"...
The fields in CF is fixed,just like a table.The query like this "select CPUTime,User,site from CF(or tablename) where user=xxx and Jobtype=xxx"

Best regards

2013/3/24 cem <cayi...@gmail.com>

Re: cassandra performance Derek Williams 3/24/13 8:32 AM
Biggest advantage of Cassandra is it's ability to scale linearly as more nodes are added and it's ability to handle node failures.

Also to get the maximum performance from Cassandra you need to be making multiple requests in parallel.
--
Derek Williams
Re: cassandra performance aaron morton 3/24/13 10:43 AM

 There is plenty of documentation here http://www.datastax.com/docs , start with the help on data modelling to get an idea of how Cassandra is different.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant