max bson size in pymongo

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
max bson size in pymongo gelin yan 11/2/12 10:47 AM
Hi All

      I just noticed there is a field named __max_bson_size in connection.py. The value is 4*1024*1024.. As We know after 1.8.x, the max bson size is 16 MB. So what happen if I store a bson object whose size is bigger than 4MB with pymongo?

Regards

gelin yan
Re: [mongodb-user] max bson size in pymongo Bernie Hackett 11/2/12 10:51 AM
That field is only used if the 'ismaster' command does not return 'maxBsonObjectSize'. Basically it's only used with MongoDB versions before 1.8. Assuming you are using a MongoDB version of 1.8 or newer, you can store documents up to 16MB in size with PyMongo just fine.

gelin yan

See also the IRC channel -- freenode.net#mongodb

Re: [mongodb-user] max bson size in pymongo gelin yan 11/6/12 7:56 AM

在 2012年11月3日星期六UTC+8上午1时51分47秒,Bernie Hackett写道:

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 10:47 AM, gelin yan <geli...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All

      I just noticed there is a field named __max_bson_size in connection.py. The value is 4*1024*1024.. As We know after 1.8.x, the max bson size is 16 MB. So what happen if I store a bson object whose size is bigger than 4MB with pymongo?

Regards

gelin yan

Hi Bernie

      Thanks for your answer, I have verified that. BTW, Does mongodb plan to support larger size like 32 MB ?

Regards

gelin yan
Re: [mongodb-user] max bson size in pymongo Bernie Hackett 11/6/12 8:17 AM
There's a ticket you can vote on here:

mongodb-user...@googlegroups.com
See also the IRC channel -- freenode.net#mongodb