MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available

Showing 1-17 of 17 messages
MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Eliot 4/9/10 9:03 AM
The first release in the 1.5 development cycle is available for testing.
This is a development release so not recommended for production.

Notable Changes:
- real time replication
- block until write replicated to N servers:
http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Replication#Replication-BlockingforReplication
- btree split optimization
- better repl pair failure detection
- map reduce locking/speed improvement
- distinct & group speed improvements
- ipv6 and unix socket support
- max radius on $near for geo

Download: http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Downloads
Change Log: http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER/fixforversion/10125

As always, please let us know of any issues,
-Eliot

Re: [mongodb-user] MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available kevin 4/9/10 9:07 AM
thanks! will this improve map/reduce performance?

Re: [mongodb-user] MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Eliot 4/9/10 9:11 AM
In many cases yes.
Re: [mongodb-user] MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available kevin 4/9/10 9:46 AM
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Eliot Horowitz <elioth...@gmail.com> wrote:
The first release in the 1.5 development cycle is available for testing.
This is a development release so not recommended for production.
can you tell if anything is broken? i just have a single node, and i want to see faster map reduce..

is this a drop in upgrade or anything to be done for db directory?
thanks
Re: [mongodb-user] MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Eliot 4/9/10 9:48 AM
nothing that we know of is broken.
the build system runs the regression suite before pushing binaries.

its a drop in replacement

Re: [mongodb-user] MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available kevin 4/9/10 9:50 AM
if anything goes wrong, can i downgrade?
Re: [mongodb-user] MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Kristina Chodorow 4/9/10 9:56 AM
Yes, it's a drop-in downgrade, too :)
Re: [mongodb-user] MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available kevin 4/9/10 10:03 AM
great, thanks.. just moved to 1.5, and no change in map reduce performance for me.... but everything is working great...

when i was moving, i got this error in my web app, is this new? earlier there was no error raised if the mongod was down? i am just collecting stats, and dont want error to raise in pymongo.. if mongod is down... is this possible?

 raise AutoReconnect("could not connect to %r" % self.__nodes)
[warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: AutoReconnect: could not connect to [('app1', 37027)]
Re: [mongodb-user] MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Kent Sibilev 4/9/10 10:09 AM
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Eliot Horowitz <elioth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The first release in the 1.5 development cycle is available for testing.
> This is a development release so not recommended for production.
>
> Notable Changes:
> - real time replication
> - block until write replicated to N servers:
> http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Replication#Replication-BlockingforReplication
> - btree split optimization
> - better repl pair failure detection
> - map reduce locking/speed improvement
> - distinct & group speed improvements
> - ipv6 and unix socket support
> - max radius on $near for geo

Just migrated from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0 and now mongodb process takes 150M
of resident RAM instead of 19M on my MacOSX Snow Leopard. Is it
something to be expected?

--
Kent

Re: [mongodb-user] MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Eliot 4/9/10 10:10 AM
can you send the output of db.serverStatus()

Re: [mongodb-user] MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Kristina Chodorow 4/9/10 10:21 AM
@kevin the python driver was probably trying to use a socket that had been connected to your 1.4 mongod and couldn't reconnect to it (since it's not running anymore).  A disconnect/reconnect should take care of it.
Re: MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Brian Carpio 4/9/10 11:31 AM
Any switch we need to add to enable the tcp timout for pairing? Or is
this automatic?

Brian Carpio

On Apr 9, 11:21 am, Kristina Chodorow <krist...@10gen.com> wrote:
> @kevin the python driver was probably trying to use a socket that had been
> connected to your 1.4 mongod and couldn't reconnect to it (since it's not
> running anymore).  A disconnect/reconnect should take care of it.
>
> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Eliot Horowitz <eliothorow...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > can you send the output of db.serverStatus()
>
> > On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Kent Sibilev <ksr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Replication#Replication-Blockingf...

> > > Just migrated from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0 and now mongodb process takes 150M
> > > of resident RAM instead of 19M on my MacOSX Snow Leopard. Is it
> > > something to be expected?
>
> > > --
> > > Kent
>
> > > --
> >http://groups.google.com/group/mongodb-user?hl=en.
>
> > --

Re: [mongodb-user] Re: MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Eliot 4/9/10 11:32 AM
brian: should be automatic.

Re: MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Brian Carpio 4/9/10 11:34 AM
Yep, just tested it looks like we fail over in about 30 seconds.

Thanks this is great!

Brian Carpio

On Apr 9, 12:32 pm, Eliot Horowitz <eliothorow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> brian: should be automatic.

Re: MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Brian Carpio 4/9/10 1:47 PM
Ok it seems like this is taking 30-60 seconds.. do you know why it
takes so long.. is there a chance that in the future this can be a
configurable value?
Re: [mongodb-user] Re: MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Eliot 4/9/10 1:48 PM
it will improved and possibly configurable with replica sets.
this is the best we can do quickly - the real fix will be coming with repl. sets
Re: MongoDB development release 1.5.0 is available Brian Carpio 4/9/10 2:13 PM
Ok, Eric, thanks for the feedback its much appreciated!! Thanks for
the fix as well it will due for now.

Brian Carpio