Android Maven Plugin <extensions/> tag

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Android Maven Plugin <extensions/> tag Charles Harley 8/4/12 3:19 AM
Hi,

In the context of the Android Maven Plugin what impact does setting <extensions/> to false have? The documentation for the tag says it sets "Whether to load Maven extensions (such as packaging and type handlers) from this plugin. For performance reasons, this should only be enabled when necessary".

I've noticed in the Android Maven Plugin sample projects that sometimes <extensions/> is set to true and sometimes it is false. If it does have an impact on performance I'd like to set it to false where possible, but I'm not sure if that is recommended.

Thanks,

Charles

Re: [maven-android-developers] Android Maven Plugin <extensions/> tag Mykola Nikishov 8/9/12 1:58 PM
On 08/04/2012 01:19 PM, Charles Harley wrote:

> In the context of the Android Maven Plugin what impact does setting
> <extensions/> to false have? The documentation for the tag says it
> sets "Whether to load Maven extensions (such as packaging and type
> handlers) from this plugin. For performance reasons, this should only
> be enabled when necessary".

It's not possible to use apk/apklib packaging (or any other custom
packaging) while extensions = false.

--
Mykola

http://ua.linkedin.com/in/manandbytes