auto-correct causes a loss of focus in google chat windows (2.5.8 #1690)

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
auto-correct causes a loss of focus in google chat windows (2.5.8 #1690) David Dobolyi 9/27/12 4:20 PM
I'm not sure if this issue is due to my system (ML 10.8.2) or what, but recently when I type in google chat windows in mailplane, the auto-corrected text is inserted when I hit space, causing a loss of focus from the gchat window. It's extremely annoying when I am trying to use an acronym and auto-correct keeps kicking in and making incorrect replacements PLUS the loss of focus on the correct window.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Re: [mailplaneapp] auto-correct causes a loss of focus in google chat windows (2.5.8 #1690) Mailplane Support 9/27/12 8:07 PM
I believe disabling the OS X autocorrect and restarting Mailplane should fix this issue.

Jessica
Customer Support Ninja
http://mailplaneapp.com/

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:20 PM, David Dobolyi <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure if this issue is due to my system (ML 10.8.2) or what, but recently when I type in google chat windows in mailplane, the auto-corrected text is inserted when I hit space, causing a loss of focus from the gchat window. It's extremely annoying when I am trying to use an acronym and auto-correct keeps kicking in and making incorrect replacements PLUS the loss of focus on the correct window.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Re: [mailplaneapp] auto-correct causes a loss of focus in google chat windows (2.5.8 #1690) David Dobolyi 9/30/12 3:37 PM
That does fix it, but then I get no auto-correct in the emails. Is this a new bug in Mountain Lion? I did not have this problem before.
Re: [mailplaneapp] auto-correct causes a loss of focus in google chat windows (2.5.8 #1690) Mailplane Support 9/30/12 7:04 PM
It's something new.  I've pointed it out to the developer.  I'm sure he'll take a look at it now that the waters have calmed after this big Google hoopla!

Jessica
Customer Support Ninja
http://mailplaneapp.com/

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mailplaneapp/-/YnYR-a3L1IkJ.

Re: [mailplaneapp] auto-correct causes a loss of focus in google chat windows (2.5.8 #1690) David Dobolyi 9/30/12 7:07 PM
Thank you Jessica, much obliged.
Re: [mailplaneapp] auto-correct causes a loss of focus in google chat windows (2.5.8 #1690) Alan Hoyle 10/11/12 7:54 AM
I'm on Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Mailplane 3.  This occurs in regular compose windows as well.

I have my mac set up to replace three periods "..." with the ellipsis character:  "…"  (I think this is the default behavior.)  Every time I do this, it loses focus in chat or compose windows.

Steps to reproduce:

Put cursor into a subject, compose, or chat field and type "... "  (that's period, period, period, space).  The space causes the auto-correct to go into action.  It replaces the "..." with "…" but the field loses focus.

-alan
Re: [mailplaneapp] auto-correct causes a loss of focus in google chat windows (2.5.8 #1690) Mailplane Support 10/11/12 9:18 PM
Hi Alan;

Thanks a lot for the report.  I believe the developer has pin pointed the issue and is working on getting it fixed!  :)

As always, appreciate the tips!
Have a fantastic (almost) weekend!  :)

Jessica
Customer Support Ninja
http://mailplaneapp.com/

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mailplaneapp/-/DnEEPNMxj_4J.

Re: auto-correct causes a loss of focus in google chat windows (2.5.8 #1690) Chris Weiss 10/14/12 5:09 PM
Excellent - I just joined the group to see if anyone else was seeing this before I emailed support. I'm seeing the exact same issue in the email compose window - Annoying as heck because I'm a fast but horrible typist so I'm several words ahead before I notice it's not been taking text. On the bright side, it doesn't look like any *other* app is taking the focus (IE - I'm not suddenly typing letters into Terminal or some other document or GMail's interface).