Re: "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" Preventing Logout?

Showing 1-16 of 16 messages
Re: "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" Preventing Logout? Patrick Fergus 8/21/12 7:54 AM
Flash Player 11.4.402.265 is out.  Haven't gotten a chance to test it but this is
the version Adobe says addresses issues with failed silent updates at the login
window.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

- Patrick

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:46:47 -0400, Patrick Fergus
<patrick...@MEREDITH.COM> wrote:

>Adobe has evaluated and reproduced this bug and says the following:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your report. We already reproduced
>> the issue with the latest FP version(11.3.300.268). It is
>> appreciated that anyone who encounters this problem give it
>> a vote. We will adjust its priority accordingly.
>
>The priority of the bug was _decreased_ from 3 ("High") to 2 ("Medium").
>
>- Patrick
>
>On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:45:51 -0400, Patrick Fergus
><patrick...@MEREDITH.COM> wrote:
>
>>I've submitted a bug to Adobe's bugbase, number 3295751.  Vote early and
>vote
>>often to hopefully raise the visibility of this bug.
>>
>>https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3295751
>>
>>- Patrick
>>
>>On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 18:44:27 -0400, Michael Crispin
>><mi...@MICHAELCRISPIN.COM> wrote:
>>
>>>Just noticing this is in some of the labs where there is no AV, I've not
gotten
>>any reports from personal use workstations as of yet, but that doesn't mean
it
>>is not happening there, in those cases the AV tool is McAfee.
>>>
>>>We normally just take the PKG out in previous version and push via Caper
>>policy, but in the new version I wanted to see what was changing with the
>>update process being different, so I did a snapshot with Composer.
>>>
>>>Mike

>you

>><chris...@GMAIL.COM>

>rolling
>Manager"

>be

Re: "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" Preventing Logout? Sam Stigler 8/21/12 8:37 AM
Do you know where Adobe posted the release notes? I checked on their Flash Player release notes page but didn't see anything for 11.4.

Thanks,
Sam
Re: "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" Preventing Logout? Patrick Fergus 8/21/12 9:35 AM
I don't see anything on Adobe's FP release notes.  I'm going off of the comment
here:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3295751

>The next public release of FP 11.4 (not beta version) will contain
>the fix which will come very soon.
>
>Thanks,
>Han

- Patrick
Re: "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" Preventing Logout? Greg Neagle 8/21/12 9:48 AM
_Are_ there any release notes yet for Flash Player 11.4? I don't see any here currently: http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/releasenotes.html

-Greg
Re: "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" Preventing Logout? Patrick Fergus 8/21/12 10:18 AM
Nope--I should have been clearer and said "I don't see any FP 11.4 release
notes".

- Patrick
Re: "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" Preventing Logout? Riley Shott 8/21/12 12:22 PM
The release notes are available now, but I didn't see anything under the Fixed Issue section regarding the auto update issue.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/fp_114_air_34_release_notes.html#fixed_issues

-Riley
Re: "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" Preventing Logout? Matthew Frank 8/21/12 12:36 PM
I am rolling out a Supervised cart of 20 ipads using Apple's Configurator. I have a mix of free apps and paid apps purchased using apples volume purchasing program.
I followed the instructions to buy the codes on the vpp site, buy buy the actual app through itunes using the first vpp code for each app.

Now I want to take a master ipad with all the apps arranged the way I want them, back it up and restore it to the rest.

The question is, do I need to install the apps to the other 19 first and then restore the master backup? When I did a tes with one paid app, I could only get that app to restore if the app already existed on the other ipads. However now the configurator is showing some codes for that app that are redeemed and I can't recall them. So I wanted to make sure I am going about creating a master ipad image and restoring it the correct way.

Thanks,
Matt

Matthew Frank
IT Systems Administrator
Germantown Academy
Phone: 267-405-7377
Cell: 215-450-8007
Fax: 215-734-0480

service.
Re: "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" Preventing Logout? Riley Shott 8/21/12 1:41 PM
I have not been able to successfully invoke the fpsaud since upgrading to 11.4.402.265. I've tried to trick Flash into thinking it's a lower version by following Patrick's method (described at the beginning of the comments in the bug report), and by replacing the 2 Adobe files in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ with an older version's copy. In each case when I try to start fpsaud via launchctl start and calling it directly, nothing happens and similarly nothing shows up in the Console. In the end, I also tried editing its launchd plist, and trying to invoke it via time change. It looks like we may not know if it's been fixed until there's a new update.

-Riley

From: "Patrick Fergus" <patrick...@MEREDITH.COM>
To: MACENT...@lists.psu.edu
Re: "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" Preventing Logout? Riley Shott 8/21/12 5:38 PM
More on this...

Just tried the same procedure via ssh while the Mac was at the loginwindow and noticed fpsaud and Adobe Flash Install Manager both hung. Logged into the console, tried to logout, and received the logout error. Stopped both processes and ran fpsaud while the user was logged in, it successfully updated and I was able to log out no problem... So it looks like this issue may still be around if fpsaud runs while the Mac is at the loginwindow...